Biamou still has lots to offer (1 Viewer)

covcity4life

I wouldn't mind keeping him as a try striker in squad next year. Sell baka

One of them has to go I thibk that is clear.

Dirk Turpin

Wilson got his chance and it's his shirt to lose and I really like that as an ethos. Wilson's been solid despite him pretty much playing second string for most of his career. Robins is old school and that's why the players repesct him as he's straight with them

Magwitch

Played well today and brings another option and dimension to the team whether he starts or comes on as a sub, he’s a handful for defences, good in the air probably could and should have two or three more goals to his tally but that shows he’s getting in the position to score. From where he has come from non league to competing in the EFL championship and a year out with his ACL injury speaks volumes. I admit to having a bit of a moan recently a couple of missed sitters and that suicide pass v Forest but more than pleased he has rammed that moaning back down my throat.

torchomatic

Have to say I have always been a Max fan and I still think he offers a lot to the team. Saying that even I thought he would be nowhere near good enough for the Championship but I honestly think he has proved the doubters wrong. He was brilliant on Saturday, nearly scored another and played really well with Tyler Walker. I think there's more to come. To top it off his interview on CWR showed how much he wants to be here.

Esoterica

1607331243464.png
It took him a few games to get going and he missed a couple of decent chances along the way but it's no surprise when the only minutes he'd played in the first 8 league games of the season were the 30 mins he got at Blackburn when we'd had a shocker and already lost.
He played well against Birmingham last year, he's played well in some of the recent games this year. He's getting into goal scoring positions, picking up some goals, he's creating chances for others - all things he's been accused of not doing on here.

He's clearly a confidence player. Do I expect he will perform at the Rotherham level every week? No. But he's set himself a level to reach consistently now and I absolutely do not understand why, other than some preset confirmation bias, that people are so set on him failing. A cheap 3rd choice striker with a great back story. What's not to love?

Mucca Mad Boys

View attachment 17803
It took him a few games to get going and he missed a couple of decent chances along the way but it's no surprise when the only minutes he'd played in the first 8 league games of the season were the 30 mins he got at Blackburn when we'd had a shocker and already lost.
He played well against Birmingham last year, he's played well in some of the recent games this year. He's getting into goal scoring positions, picking up some goals, he's creating chances for others - all things he's been accused of not doing on here.

He's clearly a confidence player. Do I expect he will perform at the Rotherham level every week? No. But he's set himself a level to reach consistently now and I absolutely do not understand why, other than some preset confirmation bias, that people are so set on him failing. A cheap 3rd choice striker with a great back story. What's not to love?

Agreed. My concern is that when the chips are down, it’s Godden and Walker we need to rely on.

I want both Baka and Biamou to prove everyone wrong deliver for the club. Biamou seems to genuinely care about our club, which is a bit of a rarity these days and he’s come a long way too.

One thing I’ll respect Biamou for is his resoluteness. Various times he’s found himself out of favour, or injured and he finds ways to get back into the squad.

Rotherham was a good platform to build on, it’s up to Biamou to build on that whilst he’s second choice in Godden’s absence.

Mucca Mad Boys

As much as I’ve said I don’t think he’s up to it, you can’t read that interview and not love the guy. Such a work ethic.

I’m sure we’re alike in that criticisms in the past aren’t personal.

As a fan, you want players who care. Equally, we all want the team to achieve its goals and personally, I don’t care what players or systems achieve the end goal.

I’m going to go full circle and credit MR for cultivating this team culture and for being open minded about players as it’s not usually his forte.

shmmeee

I’m sure we’re alike in that criticisms in the past aren’t personal.

As a fan, you want players who care. Equally, we all want the team to achieve its goals and personally, I don’t care what players or systems achieve the end goal.

I’m going to go full circle and credit MR for cultivating this team culture and for being open minded about players as it’s not usually his forte.

I watched the extended highlights yesterday as well as the second half live and am happy to eat my words. Still have doubts about his ability to do it consistently, and against established Championship teams, but he performed at a level I didn’t know he had. Fair play to the guy.

Mucca Mad Boys

I watched the extended highlights yesterday as well as the second half live and am happy to eat my words. Still have doubts about his ability to do it consistently, and against established Championship teams, but he performed at a level I didn’t know he had. Fair play to the guy.

Same, it was his best performance for us ever. As a team, we need better performances and results against some of the more established teams.

lifeskyblue

Both max and Baka have parts to play. Neither will have expected to be first choice especially after Walker was brought in and we fans still question their ability in the championship (and some in L1). What Robins will know is that both have an excellent work ethic and both are committed squad members and he will trust them to play their part no matter how small.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

higgs

The man sure has an eye for the spectacular he was unlucky with the bicycle kick the keeper made a great save. Any fella who gives a 110% and doesn't sulk when he's not a starter is worth keeping that's for sure. He's on le sulk that is for sure

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Paul O Donoghue

New contract being touted for Biamou by MR is great news to me. The man is a warrior and is playing through injury lately. Full 90 minutes four games in a row is pure heroic and is a mark of the man. I know he is limited but fuck me, you'd love to have him covering your back because he'd always be there. Robins has realised his honesty for sure now and give him his contract I say. He has earned it. Too many fly by nights in the game these days. Max knows what loyalty is. A rarity in modern football. Fuck me, how did we not beat that Watford shower of posers today?

cov donkey kick

New contract being touted for Biamou by MR is great news to me. The man is a warrior and is playing through injury lately. Full 90 minutes four games in a row is pure heroic and is a mark of the man. I know he is limited but fuck me, you'd love to have him covering your back because he'd always be there. Robins has realised his honesty for sure now and give him his contract I say. He has earned it. Too many fly by nights in the game these days. Max knows what loyalty is. A rarity in modern football. Fuck me, how did we not beat that Watford shower of posers today?
He has earnt a new deal as we all know that it's a hell of a step up to this level and he's fighting for the club.

Paul O Donoghue

Up front Biamou has worked his to being an automatic choice and my original thread has proven his value to the club and his sheer honesty in what he does. Delighted he secured the 3 points v Derby and fair play Robins for believing in the Frenchman. I love his attitude and I understand his limitations as he does himself but what a guy. Rich announcement is welcome and offers a window for some stability. Can't wait for Covid to fuck off, book tickets and head to Dublin Airport for a weekend in Cov, a load of pints and a football match. Allez Biamou le travailleur.

Magwitch1

He is definitely our most improved player and at last adding goals, I give the Middlesbrough one to him wouldn’t have happened without his challenge, I’m okay with Max getting an extended contract but in my opinion we still need another decent striker in a priority if we are to become a top ten championship team. That would be four plus Fabio Taveres as yet an unknown quantity.

Last edited:

Sick Boy

Up front Biamou has worked his to being an automatic choice and my original thread has proven his value to the club and his sheer honesty in what he does. Delighted he secured the 3 points v Derby and fair play Robins for believing in the Frenchman. I love his attitude and I understand his limitations as he does himself but what a guy. Rich announcement is welcome and offers a window for some stability. Can't wait for Covid to fuck off, book tickets and head to Dublin Airport for a weekend in Cov, a load of pints and a football match. Allez Biamou le travailleur.
What happened to you after wanting to drop Walker for Gyökeres ahead of Brentford and playing hoof ball?

D

Deleted member 11652

Says it all that’s it’s took from October until now to find a game that Max contributed significantly in.

Users who are viewing this thread