Bid for Wilson knocked back (2 Viewers)

Terry Gibson's perm

It may not take a lot more to get him though and I would agree with the owners if they sold him and at a normal club where the money would be re-invested it would be a good deal, I would think they will wait a while to sell some more season tickets and then he will go for an undisclosed figure paid in Caymen Island Dollars to save the exchange costs!

stupot07

Yes, because the clubs overheads are still exactly the same now as they were before. Oh wait, no they're not. Anyone who uses our last season at the Ricoh finances as an excuse for not returning truly deserves to be labeled a sisu appologist. That excuse is straight out of the ML handbook.

FFS It wasn't an excuse for not returning, it was just making the point that we would have still been considering selling even at the fucking Ricoh. Yes our overheads are down but we'd still be losing a lot of money at the Ricoh regardless (not as much as at Sixfields).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

stupot07

hmm, id suggest the wage bill alone was a lot less than then

Yeah, never said it wasn't, but we also had 2 big paydays last season (1 this season) with arsenal and tottenham, more cup games in general and sold 2 players for £1m deals each, and this season we're paying/paid off about 8-9 players including some of our highest paid players sheffers, bell and Cody.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

skybluetony176

Yeah, never said it wasn't, but we also had 2 big paydays last season (1 this season) with arsenal and tottenham, more cup games in general and sold 2 players for £1m deals each, and this season we're paying/paid off about 8-9 players including some of our highest paid players sheffers, bell and Cody.

Every home game at the Ricoh could have been a big pay day in comparison to the suxfields gates. Hell, we may have been able to pay some of the deferred interest payments to ARVO. Who knows, without looking like you're up shit creak without a paddle Clark might not have been so hungry to leave, we may have been able to command a better fee for him and because of this no one might have come in for him, we may have been more attractive to loan players and free signings and all of this could have possibly contributed to a decent second half of the season and who knows we may even have made the play offs.

Playing at suxfields damages the club short and long term in so many different ways that the only comparison any true CCFF fan should be making is what we are loosing by playing there to what we could gain by playing at the Ricoh. Using the figures from our last season at the Ricoh to make a point only serves as a distraction from the important issues. Leave that to sisu and concentrate on being a CCFC fan and what would be the best for the club.

Grendel

Every home game at the Ricoh could have been a big pay day in comparison to the suxfields gates. Hell, we may have been able to pay some of the deferred interest payments to ARVO. Who knows, without looking like you're up shit creak without a paddle Clark might not have been so hungry to leave, we may have been able to command a better fee for him and because of this no one might have come in for him, we may have been more attractive to loan players and free signings and all of this could have possibly contributed to a decent second half of the season and who knows we may even have made the play offs.

Playing at suxfields damages the club short and long term in so many different ways that the only comparison any true CCFF fan should be making is what we are loosing by playing there to what we could gain by playing at the Ricoh. Using the figures from our last season at the Ricoh to make a point only serves as a distraction from the important issues. Leave that to sisu and concentrate on being a CCFC fan and what would be the best for the club.

Please remind everyone of our yearly PBT performance at the Ricoh.

DaleM

To be honest . I yearn for the Richardson time. We had a premier league team . I do not give a flying fuck about "We've got to balance the books " bollocks .

Whoever thinks that this is better than the thrill of going to see Cov beat Man U , Liverpool , Arsenal , Everton etc and having a "say" in who won the the title is IMO a twat .

"OUR" team is now a struggling division 3 side . Hey ho . Lets all cream over getting a couple of million for Wilson when there is no fucking chance any of it will be invested in the team.

Sisu IMO are wankers and all the apologists on here and everyone who goes to Sixfields can go fuck themselves. Cayman Island supporting wankers the lot of you ( Unless you have free tickets of course :whistle:)

Astute

I repeat it would be the only option to sell. Financial suicide not to. Clarke is being farmed out on loan and Bigiamara is worthless. Clubs have to sell when price is at a premium.

Financial suicide? That will be having our club in Northampton if the SISU plan of getting the freehold and not paying a proper price doesn't work.

So some on here are trying to make out that we started the season not knowing that we had a good striker. We knew we had Clarke. We knew he would score goals. We didn't know he would be sold half way through the season. We also knew that Wilson was decent and could be good with Clarke. We also knew we would be in the shit if anything happened to the pair of them. This was shown to be true when Clarke left and Wilson was injured.

So yes there is a good chance that Wilson will be sold. Our club needs the money. But bringing our club back to the Ricoh for next season would bring in at least as much as selling Wilson. Being back at the Ricoh and keeping Wilson could get us promotion. Selling Wilson and staying in Northampton could send us down. Anyone who wants to do the right thing for our club would make sure we are not in Northampton next season and would do their best to keep Wilson. But the ones making the decisions are not after what is best for our club.

Terry Gibson's perm

IF Wilson goes does anyone have faith in Pressley to pick an adequate replacement?

Not on his past record, but there is nothing to say that he will be given the chance to replace Wilson if he goes as they will say we have other options in the squad like Jordan Clarke! If Wilson is sold and they invest some of the money and it goes wrong maybe it's time to remove Waggott to save some money as his record with Pressley is not all that impressive and while they are there they should be looking to thin the people behind the scenes down no need for a corporate sales manager is there?

Spionkop

Roll on Tuesday. Let's hope it sorts things out.
We can live in hope. For a day or two.
Really hope Sisu get a good kicking, it's all they deserve.

Grendel

Financial suicide? That will be having our club in Northampton if the SISU plan of getting the freehold and not paying a proper price doesn't work.

So some on here are trying to make out that we started the season not knowing that we had a good striker. We knew we had Clarke. We knew he would score goals. We didn't know he would be sold half way through the season. We also knew that Wilson was decent and could be good with Clarke. We also knew we would be in the shit if anything happened to the pair of them. This was shown to be true when Clarke left and Wilson was injured.

So yes there is a good chance that Wilson will be sold. Our club needs the money. But bringing our club back to the Ricoh for next season would bring in at least as much as selling Wilson. Being back at the Ricoh and keeping Wilson could get us promotion. Selling Wilson and staying in Northampton could send us down. Anyone who wants to do the right thing for our club would make sure we are not in Northampton next season and would do their best to keep Wilson. But the ones making the decisions are not after what is best for our club.

Sorry but you do need a reality wake up call.

No one knew Wilson was decent
Most posters on here expected the club to be relegated last season with Clarke and Wilson
Clarke always leaves after a year or so. The suggestion he will go to Crawley shows he cares nothing about stadiums and so called big names. He is always a short term fix.
The club in its last season at the Ricoh had in most people's eyes a stronger squad than now and the club lost £7 milliion and the squad was nowhere near promotion contenders at any stage. Ironically the home form was shocking - far worse than last seasons "home form".

Hobo

Most posters on here expected the club to be relegated last season with Clarke and Wilson
Clarke always leaves after a year or so. The suggestion he will go to Crawley shows he cares nothing about stadiums and so called big names. He is always a short term fix.
The club in its last season at the Ricoh had in most people's eyes a stronger squad than now and the club lost £7 milliion and the squad was nowhere near promotion contenders at any stage. Ironically the home form was shocking - far worse than last seasons "home form".

That's a relief, everything is okay then, there was me thinking the club was in a right mess under SISU. The reality is we are actually going forward.

shmmeee

If Wilson Os attracting seven figure bids the club will have to sell him. The risk of him not developing is too great.

fly_fishing_animated.gif

If sisu didn't sell they would be showing themselves again as unfit for purpose.

fly_fishing_animated.gif

I repeat it would be the only option to sell. Financial suicide not to. Clarke is being farmed out on loan and Bigiamara is worthless. Clubs have to sell when price is at a premium.
fly_fishing_animated.gif

The risk of him not developing isn't too great. It is the fact he is our only saleable asset means we have to sell him...because SISU are broke as far as CCFC are concerned.

Animated-fisherman-with-big-catch.gif

OT: We won't sell our star striker in the summer under Sisu. We'll do it in January when it really derails our season :D

In all seriousness, I think we might need to sell him, I don't see how we can build a squad with no cash otherwise.

rupert_bear

Can't see anyone paying a million+ for what could be a one season wonder, I think he will stay until Christmas and if he re-produces his last season form sisu will continue what has become their annual striker sale.

Astute

Wilson had been going past players and scoring for fun. OK he didn't do it at the level we have been reduced to but it wasn't that much lower. A player that does well that low down can do well at our level, especially when he has a good player for this level like Clarke to learn from. Most posters expected us to be relegated? Not so. We all knew we had decent players for the level we have been reduced to. Just not enough of them. We knew that we would struggle as soon as the injuries started. And that is what happened as well as Clarke being sold. Most of us were saying that we would have at least a good chance of getting to minimum playoffs if we brought in a few more players.

Why was so much money lost in the last season at the Ricoh? Must have been from paying players too much. Must have been from paying these players off. But there is one thing for sure. All of these contracts were given out by SISU. Just don't seem to be able to do anything right do they.

the rumpo kid

To be honest . I yearn for the Richardson time. We had a premier league team . I do not give a flying fuck about "We've got to balance the books " bollocks .

Whoever thinks that this is better than the thrill of going to see Cov beat Man U , Liverpool , Arsenal , Everton etc and having a "say" in who won the the title is IMO a twat .

"OUR" team is now a struggling division 3 side . Hey ho . Lets all cream over getting a couple of million for Wilson when there is no fucking chance any of it will be invested in the team.

Sisu IMO are wankers and all the apologists on here and everyone who goes to Sixfields can go fuck themselves. Cayman Island supporting wankers the lot of you ( Unless you have free tickets of course :whistle:)

I like you.

ccfctommy

Are you for real? Richarse got us £60m in debt and started the decline! Him, Robinson and McGinnety crippled the club (along with Teflon Joe). We sold the main asset which was the ground. Moved into another ground which we didn't own and then sold the club to SISU. Yeah we may have beaten Man United once or something like that, but the effects of Richardsons overspending and mismanagement has ruined the club.

Brighton Sky Blue

Financial suicide is playing in Northampton.

italiahorse

Are you for real? Richarse got us £60m in debt and started the decline! Him, Robinson and McGinnety crippled the club (along with Teflon Joe). We sold the main asset which was the ground. Moved into another ground which we didn't own and then sold the club to SISU. Yeah we may have beaten Man United once or something like that, but the effects of Richardsons overspending and mismanagement has ruined the club.

I'd take £60m debt in the premiership and at the Ricoh over £60 in debt in League 1 at Sixfields.

ccfctommy

I'd take £60m debt in the premiership and at the Ricoh over £60 in debt in League 1 at Sixfields.

So would everybody I guess. But my point is that CCFC have been run into the ground for 15 years. One thing leads to another. Even before we moved to the Ricoh. Our esteemed ex-owners sold our ground. And paid over the odds on rent for another ground that we didn't even need.

This is why i pissed myself laughing when McGinnerty and Robinson has to pay £300k each the other week. Karma.

Samo

Well I'm so pleased you enjoyed the Richardson era. Unfortunately it is exactly that era that has led to this. Moron

Astute

So would everybody I guess. But my point is that CCFC have been run into the ground for 15 years. One thing leads to another. Even before we moved to the Ricoh. Our esteemed ex-owners sold our ground. And paid over the odds on rent for another ground that we didn't even need.

This is why i pissed myself laughing when McGinnerty and Robinson has to pay £300k each the other week. Karma.

They paid 150k each. 300k in total. SISU said they paid 500k. You said they paid 600k. Before we know it they will have paid of all debts run up by SISU.

Kingokings204

People keep blaming Richardson on and on. Get over it, it was 15 years ago and to blame today's situation on him and the result of him is bollocks.

Yes he wasn't a grey man and clearly looked after himself but he was a business man what do you expect. He kept ccfc afloat and kept us 60m in debt but playing premiership football. The man was a cretin but would he of node to Northampton? Be as shit as you like but moving the team is a cowards response and one only a jealous nonsensical business team would take. Otium don't have a fucking clue end of. See last 3 years for proof. It's black and white.

What happened 15 years ago matters bollocks when owners have all come and gone and had a chance to change things. Sisu took over 7 years ago so fuck me they've had enough time to turn things around and get us back on track and somehow they have taken us back down further.

People need to wake up and sod off sixfields sod off sisu and then and only then can we move forward. Until then we will further decline towards the conference no doubts.

The JR is 2 days away let the justice take place and please do us all a favour and go and ironically they would do themselves a favor. In sure they don't want to duck around with a shitty league one team. Leave us alone you morons. Leave us to rebuild what's left if anything is left.

Samo

People keep blaming Richardson on and on. Get over it, it was 15 years ago and to blame today's situation on him and the result of him is bollocks.

Yes he wasn't a grey man and clearly looked after himself but he was a business man what do you expect. He kept ccfc afloat and kept us 60m in debt but playing premiership football. The man was a cretin but would he of node to Northampton? Be as shit as you like but moving the team is a cowards response and one only a jealous nonsensical business team would take. Otium don't have a fucking clue end of. See last 3 years for proof. It's black and white.

What happened 15 years ago matters bollocks when owners have all come and gone and had a chance to change things. Sisu took over 7 years ago so fuck me they've had enough time to turn things around and get us back on track and somehow they have taken us back down further.

People need to wake up and sod off sixfields sod off sisu and then and only then can we move forward. Until then we will further decline towards the conference no doubts.

The JR is 2 days away let the justice take place and please do us all a favour and go and ironically they would do themselves a favor. In sure they don't want to duck around with a shitty league one team. Leave us alone you morons. Leave us to rebuild what's left if anything is left.

Why do you think the club needed to be bailed out by the council in the first place? The whole Richardson era was on tick! Reality check PLEASE!!!

Kingokings204

Why do you think the club needed to be bailed out by the council in the first place? The whole Richardson era was on tick! Reality check PLEASE!!!

Yes he was no saint and had many faults but today's situation isn't his fault. He didn't sell the share in the stadium and he didn't move 35 miles away. Fucks sake.

ccfctommy

I wasn't blaming Richardson for everything, I was replying to the 'I yearn for the Richardson days...' post. SISU/Otium whatever they are called now are obviously as just as much to blame. Seven years of failure on the pitch for a start. I still don't know what playing in 6F is supposed to achieve but what do I know?

Samo

Yes he was no saint and had many faults but today's situation isn't his fault. He didn't sell the share in the stadium and he didn't move 35 miles away. Fucks sake.

He left the club shackled with 60m debt! Do you think that just went away? Fucks sake.

shy_tall_knight

Grendel not sure of your argument here, the club lost £7million how ? if its poor overpaid players then look no further than SISU, if its lack of access to income streams then look to SISU's strategy. If the move to Northampton ensures we have an insufficient budget to effectively compete than who's fault is that.

DaleM

Well I'm so pleased you enjoyed the Richardson era. Unfortunately it is exactly that era that has led to this. Moron

Oh I thought your beloved owners told us we were debt free. Rather have 60mill debt in PL than fuck knows how much in division fucking 3 . Dick head .

torchomatic

Don't you mean we didn't know he'd want to leave half way through the season? And if we'd believed the hysteria last summer he wasn't even going to start the season in Sky Blue.

We knew we had Clarke. We knew he would score goals. We didn't know he would be sold half way through the season. .

Not really we lost £7m the season we were at the Ricoh in league one whilst not paying rent. Sixfields doesn't make financial sense but we were still skint and still selling players at the Ricoh.

How did they lose £7m when the wages were less than £4m. What happened to the gate money,telly money, sponsorship and the £7m loss money. Where did it all go?

Users who are viewing this thread