Bid for Wilson knocked back (3 Viewers)

torchomatic

What?! Are you serious?! No, he didn't sell the share in the stadium and he didn't move us 35 miles. But he did sell a stadium we'd owned for over a century, rented it back for over a £1M a year because his "vision" wasn't ready. He also earned a cool £300K for brokering the Tesco deal.

FFS.

Yes he was no saint and had many faults but today's situation isn't his fault. He didn't sell the share in the stadium and he didn't move 35 miles away. Fucks sake.

Kingokings204

He left the club shackled with 60m debt! Do you think that just went away? Fucks sake.

Lol made me laugh. Man utd are a reported 500m in debt. Guess what? It's how big clubs run. It's a debt that is sustainable and workable for the incomes etc. To say shackled is a mislead and to say a debt is a bit misleading also. Even clubs today run at enormous debts but it's sustainable if you're sensible. I don't remember mid 90's going silly with signings etc.

We got a bigger and better ground and owned practically the Ricoh lease which is all it needed. Richardson didn't sell this. Then again I suppose sisu are gods in your eyes judging by your responses. Deary me

torchomatic

Unbefuckinglievable

People keep blaming Richardson on and on. Get over it, it was 15 years ago and to blame today's situation on him and the result of him is bollocks.

Yes he wasn't a grey man and clearly looked after himself but he was a business man what do you expect. He kept ccfc afloat and kept us 60m in debt but playing premiership football. The man was a cretin but would he of node to Northampton? Be as shit as you like but moving the team is a cowards response and one only a jealous nonsensical business team would take. Otium don't have a fucking clue end of. See last 3 years for proof. It's black and white.

What happened 15 years ago matters bollocks when owners have all come and gone and had a chance to change things. Sisu took over 7 years ago so fuck me they've had enough time to turn things around and get us back on track and somehow they have taken us back down further.

People need to wake up and sod off sixfields sod off sisu and then and only then can we move forward. Until then we will further decline towards the conference no doubts.

The JR is 2 days away let the justice take place and please do us all a favour and go and ironically they would do themselves a favor. In sure they don't want to duck around with a shitty league one team. Leave us alone you morons. Leave us to rebuild what's left if anything is left.

Samo

Oh I thought your beloved owners told us we were debt free. Rather have 60mill debt in PL than fuck knows how much in division fucking 3 . Dick head .

And you believed them?

Kingokings204

What?! Are you serious?! No, he didn't sell the share in the stadium and he didn't move us 35 miles. But he did sell a stadium we'd owned for over a century, rented it back for over a £1M a year because his "vision" wasn't ready. He also earned a cool £300K for brokering the Tesco deal.

FFS.

How many times. He wasn't a saint and had many faults but to blame last two years in him 15 years ago is cretinous IMO. Owners have come and gone since to change things again.

stupot07

How did they lose £7m when the wages were less than £4m. What happened to the gate money,telly money, sponsorship and the £7m loss money. Where did it all go?

Gate money was only £2.9m and you get v little from tv in league one. Wages were more than £4m.

Sky Blue Sports & Leisure 2013 accounts http://www.skybluestalk.co.uk/showthread.php?t=42971

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Kingokings204

At no point have it defended Richardson as a person. He was a business man and not a Cov fan so fairs fair there. He was a cretin but he was better than this bunch of mishaps. We need a football club not court case after court case.

So much potential and big chance all seem lost on the owners. Invest in the team people. It's a shit league.

torchomatic

He sold HR. He wanted us to move to the Ricoh. We couldn't afford to move but because we'd sold our own stadium so had to abide by ACLs rent deal, which is turn had led to the situation we are in. No Richardson, no sale, still at HR, chances are no Northampton or SISU.

To ignore past mistakes that have directly led to our current situation is equally as cretinous. But there you go.

You even excuse his £60M debt....

I think from no on I might say, "Now Joy, she's no angel but...."

How many times. He wasn't a saint and had many faults but to blame last two years in him 15 years ago is cretinous IMO. Owners have come and gone since to change things again.

Last edited:

Samo

Lol made me laugh. Man utd are a reported 500m in debt. Guess what? It's how big clubs run. It's a debt that is sustainable and workable for the incomes etc. To say shackled is a mislead and to say a debt is a bit misleading also. Even clubs today run at enormous debts but it's sustainable if you're sensible. I don't remember mid 90's going silly with signings etc.

We got a bigger and better ground and owned practically the Ricoh lease which is all it needed. Richardson didn't sell this. Then again I suppose sisu are gods in your eyes judging by your responses. Deary me

Wow! If there's one thing sadder than the ordinary fan getting roundly fucked, its the ones that don't even know its happened.

italiahorse

So would everybody I guess. But my point is that CCFC have been run into the ground for 15 years. One thing leads to another. Even before we moved to the Ricoh. Our esteemed ex-owners sold our ground. And paid over the odds on rent for another ground that we didn't even need.

This is why i pissed myself laughing when McGinnerty and Robinson has to pay £300k each the other week. Karma.

I thought the rent was set at the same as the outgoing HR rent after it had been sold. The option for reducing (and increasing) the rent dependant on which league was rejected and also taken on by SISU.
Don't know who cocked up on not negotiating incremental revenues on f&b?

skybluetony176

What ever Richardson did or didn't do it's a shadow of what the current shower of shit have done. But the biggest difference is Richardson is no longer on the scene and influencing what's happening whereas the current shower are.

So I find it quite surprising that some posters are more vocal about Richardson than the current shower, or do I?

torchomatic

No, he's no longer on the scene. However, I wouldn't say selling a ground we'd be at for a century and moving to a bowl we couldn't afford to play in isn't a "Shadow of what the current shower..." have done, etc etc. They're both fucking rubbish. And one has led directly to the other.

What ever Richardson did or didn't do it's a shadow of what the current shower of shit have done. But the biggest difference is Richardson is no longer on the scene and influencing what's happening whereas the current shower are.

So I find it quite surprising that some posters are more vocal about Richardson than the current shower, or do I?

torchomatic

Doesn't matter anyway about the debt, however large it is. That's how clubs operate now, so no worries.

Yes , along with everyone else ." Debt free" were the words . One of the only clubs in the country to be debt free I think we were told . Hay Ho .

Samo

I don't know, do you?
Can you explain to me why it is that if I have a pop at Richardson or whoever, I am somehow supportive of SISU?

torchomatic

Because two plus two equals five.

I don't know, do you?
Can you explain to me why it is that if I have a pop at Richardson or whoever, I am somehow supportive of SISU?

Astute

Doesn't matter anyway about the debt, however large it is. That's how clubs operate now, so no worries.

If nothing changes for a few years we will owe 100m and be playing in Northampton still. But torch says it isn't a problem as that's how clubs operate now :thinking about:

Samo

If nothing changes for a few years we will owe 100m and be playing in Northampton still. But torch says it isn't a problem as that's how clubs operate now :thinking about:

Oh good grief, he was being sarcastic. Read the thread!

italiahorse

I don't know, do you?

.... Because Richardsons era has gone and can't be influenced. Continually referring to that era deflects criticism of the current owners. I guess is some people see this deflection happening they may suspect you of supporting SISU.
People need to concentrate their efforts on parties they can influence.

Samo

.... Because Richardsons era has gone and can't be influenced. Continually referring to that era deflects criticism of the current owners. I guess is some people see this deflection happening they may suspect you of supporting SISU.

What utter shit! That's like saying that criticism of Maggie Thatcher deflects criticism of the current government. Bollocks!

torchomatic

Whoosh! I was being sarcastic. It was what King Of Kings was saying when he was defending Richardson.

torchomatic

Why is it so hard for some people. Richardson was the catalyst.

torchomatic

skybluetony176

No, he's no longer on the scene. However, I wouldn't say selling a ground we'd be at for a century and moving to a bowl we couldn't afford to play in isn't a "Shadow of what the current shower..." have done, etc etc. They're both fucking rubbish. And one has led directly to the other.

But only one is here and still being fucking rubbish. So why are you wasting your breath on the other one when you should be concentrating on the one who is still here?

Astute

Why is it so hard for some people. Richardson was the catalyst.

We know how it all started. But the original debt was run up giving us supporters what we wanted and asked for. This new debt has been run up playing at a lower level and giving us nothing that we want.

torchomatic

Yes, I admit it's a waste of time and I am wasting my breath. However, I can't help rising to the "Richardson wasn't such a bad bloke" posts people make.

But only one is here and still being fucking rubbish. So why are you wasting your breath on the other one when you should be concentrating on the one who is still here?

torchomatic

Well, if we wanted our ground sold, being relegated from the Premiership, signing 5000 Hondurans and moving to somewhere we couldn't afford then yes, Richardson gave us exactly what we wanted.

He wasn't such a bad bloke, was he?

We know how it all started. But the original debt was run up giving us supporters what we wanted and asked for. This new debt has been run up playing at a lower level and giving us nothing that we want.

skybluetony176

I don't know, do you?

Can't answer that as I wasn't accusing anyone of being a sisu supporter.

All I did is point out that poring scorn on Richardson while not doing the same towards our current owners is backwards thinking.

Samo

You wanted and asked for our whole future to be flushed down the toilet for the sake of a few mid table prem seasons did you?

italiahorse

That's my point.
SISU new what they were taking on, surely ?
If they didn't then they were incompetent before taking over as well as after.

Users who are viewing this thread