Bid for Wilson knocked back (3 Viewers)

Samo

Can't answer that as I wasn't accusing anyone of being a sisu supporter.

All I did is point out that poring scorn on Richardson while not doing the same towards our current owners is backwards thinking.

But we were discussing Richardson. If you want to talk about SISU, let's go!

skybluetony176

That's my point.
SISU new what they were taking on, surely ?
If they didn't then they were incompetent before taking over as well as after.

Solidarity brother.

I'm not interested in historical mistakes, I'm interested in current solutions and quite frankly a debate on Richardson is a side show ML would be proud of creating to deflect criticism of what's happening now.

Last edited:

Astute

Well, if we wanted our ground sold, being relegated from the Premiership, signing 5000 Hondurans and moving to somewhere we couldn't afford then yes, Richardson gave us exactly what we wanted.

He wasn't such a bad bloke, was he?

And as usual you just take the piss to try and make a point. Well done.

So you were one of those complaining about the players we were signing that WERE good players and not the shite we get these days?

martcov

City were always in debt. I can remember them having to sell Willi Carr having got into a mess buying Larry Lloyd. The point being no-one (fans) really cared as we were first division/ Premier League. We were still a valuable asset and could be sold in an emergency to pay off a large part of the debt. Now we own the GS and a few League 1 players registrations. SISU Arvo cannot get their money back as it stands. We don't even own a leasehold stadium or F&B rights. We're fucked. SISU have had 7 years to do something about it. They realised the predicament about 2 years ago and are now trying to do something - far too late and having made matters far worse than anyone could have imagined.

Samo

Are you being sarcastic?

What exactly is confusing you here? kingofkings made a remark about the £60m of debt being of no consequence, Torch made a sarcastic reference to that comment but without quotes. Astute took it at face value because he hadn't read the original comment. Clear?

Samo

City were always in debt. I can remember them having to sell Willi Carr having got into a mess buying Larry Lloyd. The point being no-one (fans) really cared as we were first division/ Premier League. We were still a valuable asset and could be sold in an emergency to pay off a large part of the debt. Now we own the GS and a few League 1 players registrations. SISU Arvo cannot get their money back as it stands. We don't even own a leasehold stadium or F&B rights. We're fucked. SISU have had 7 years to do something about it. They realised the predicament about 2 years ago and are now trying to do something - far too late and having made matters far worse than anyone could have imagined.

Oooh don't mention the past on here, it means you love SISU apparently.

skybluetony176

Yes, I admit it's a waste of time and I am wasting my breath. However, I can't help rising to the "Richardson wasn't such a bad bloke" posts people make.

I understand where you're coming from on Richardson. Next time someone post something like that try doing some breathing exercises and put it to the back of your mind ;-)

italiahorse

I give up. I guess you won't hear a bad word about Hitler either?

Richardson has gone, Hitlers gone and Thatchers gone. It's history.
Can we change things by discussing their actions.
SISU have taken us to new depths and we are not yet at the bottom.
Richardson tried to make us a big premiership team and messed up.
Ps nothing wrong with Thatcher.

Nick

Administrator

Can we change things by discussing sisus actions?

Samo

Not now there isn't!

Samo

Can we change things by discussing sisus actions?

Now there's something new! Let's discuss SISU's actions and make some real changes! :whistle:

martcov

Oooh don't mention the past on here, it means you love SISU apparently.

Difference being that I put it in perspective. I am still more concerned about the present and the future.

SISU are in charge. They have had 7 years to do something. They realised the predicament about 2 years ago and are trying to do something about it - far too late and having made matters far worse than anyone could have imagined. Worse too, in that it seems Joy has made it personal - not business. In reality if you own a club with Coventry in the name, then you have to deal with City fans ( now started in small groups ) and with CCC ( Joy will have to Talk to them at some time - like it or not ).

stupot07

Did quite well to get to post number 118 before Goodwins Law kicked in...

You should tell that to Gove, perhaps he will see your point and drop History from the National Curriculum...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

wingy

Did quite well to get to post number 118 before Goodwins Law kicked in...

You should tell that to Gove, perhaps he will see your point and drop History from the National Curriculum...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Very Clever to get Get Gove In there .

How Could you,the Bloke just can't help but Betray himself !!

wingy

But her good work lives on.
The only thing we know is that SISU actions are making matters worse and they appear to have different goals to Coventry City fans.

Disaster for this Country .

The Instigator of Self and Selfish!!:slap::eek:

Samo

But her good work lives on.
The only thing we know is that SISU actions are making matters worse and they appear to have different goals to Coventry City fans.

Yes she created the wonderful 'every man for himself, fuck over your own granny' society we have today. She'd have loved SISU and hedge funds in general. Do you think she'd have cared about the goals of Coventry City fans?

Kingokings204

Torch, I was most certainly not defending Richardson do I'm sorry you think that. I was merely trying to make a point that my opinion is that little to do with how we were run is an affect now.

Yes Richardson screwed us sure I agree for the 3rd time but new owners had to come in and do things the right way and that definitely hasn't happened.

35 miles away and a club more known for it's court cases than football makes me angry dad sad and all of the above. Sisu had 7 years to change what was wrong with the club and they haven't and not only have they haven't but also taken it much further down than I thought possible.

I am in anger at sisu not Richardson. If he was that bad etc then we have had 15 years to rectify it not 15 years later use it as an excuse to blame when things have severely fucked up. The time is not and change can only happen now and the future not 15 years ago. I find talking about 15 years ago and blaming it not appropriate and it's not relevant as this is 2014 not 2000.

Piss easy division and let's get Cov to Ricoh and some good players with momentum and no points deduction we can rise again.

Samo

Torch, I was most certainly not defending Richardson do I'm sorry you think that. I was merely trying to make a point that my opinion is that little to do with how we were run is an affect now.

Yes Richardson screwed us sure I agree for the 3rd time but new owners had to come in and do things the right way and that definitely hasn't happened.

35 miles away and a club more known for it's court cases than football makes me angry dad sad and all of the above. Sisu had 7 years to change what was wrong with the club and they haven't and not only have they haven't but also taken it much further down than I thought possible.

I am in anger at sisu not Richardson. If he was that bad etc then we have had 15 years to rectify it not 15 years later use it as an excuse to blame when things have severely fucked up. The time is not and change can only happen now and the future not 15 years ago. I find talking about 15 years ago and blaming it not appropriate and it's not relevant as this is 2014 not 2000.

Piss easy division and let's get Cov to Ricoh and some good players with momentum and no points deduction we can rise again.

Will you stop going on about the past! :whistle:

Grendel

No politician is bothered about our situation or SISU actions.

Seppella treatment of the club is a typical example of Thatcherism in action.

torchomatic

These days we have League One players because we are in League One. In Richardson's time we were in the Premiership. And yes, I moaned about all the Hondurans and spending £20K a week on one player.

We are in League One because of SISU. But we were homeless, had to move to an expensive stadium and in the Championship because of Richardson.

So you were one of those complaining about the players we were signing that WERE good players and not the shite we get these days?

torchomatic

Ha! Priceless. Thatcher was the mother of "every man for himself" and the money, money, money culture we live in today. She would have loved Joy and her Hedge Funds.

In your opinion

Brighton Sky Blue

Ha! Priceless. Thatcher was the mother of "every man for himself" and the money, money, money culture we live in today. She would have loved Joy and her Hedge Funds.

It is a culture that is strongest in the South East and diminishes the further you get away from it.

torchomatic

Granted. There's no no doubt who encouraged and nurtured it though. Thatcher and her cronies.

It is a culture that is strongest in the South East and diminishes the further you get away from it.

Users who are viewing this thread