BLACK RIBBONS - SISU OUT CAMPAIGN: Who's In? (1 Viewer)

TheOldFive

It's now completely obvious to everyone of a fair and right mind that SISU are to blame for all the problems we face and in the name of all that is good they have to go. WIth the greatest of respect it is time to raise our voices, our banners and aspirations and call for SISU OUT.

To those that say "if you hurt Sisu you hurt the Club" we appreciate that but it is the same risk in removing any parasite from any host. One cannot countenance the alternative. There is no acceptable alternative to SISU OUT.

We are in a death spiral with them at the controls. All we have to lose is our Pride, and we will surely lose that if we don't put up a fight now. The time has come, nothing left to lose, no alternative. SISU OUT.

If you went to Sixfields, or didn't march, none of that means that you are on Sisu's side. You have probably been able to decouple in your mind any thoughts you have regarding the owners from the Loyalty you have for the Club. Fair play to you, that took character and strength not selfishness or weakness. But now is the time to make another clear eyed and rational decision and join the campaign to ask Sisu to politely and peacefully cut their losses and put the club in the hands of others, for everyone's benefit, SISU OUT.

It is time to unite. To claim the no-shows at The Ricoh as a continuation of the protest in the mind of the press. To ensure the new editorial leadership of the Coventry Telegraph clearly knows that fans, and their customers dearly want SISU OUT.

What if we all boycotted games and stood outside demonstrating? And holding marches in town, and mobilising the media and creating awareness about our plight? Maybe we could get Michael Orton to start up the massively successful "Not One Penny More" campaign as a full blown single issue protest - to get SISU OUT.

This isn't Club versus City, or Club versus Council. It's not something the Football League will ever help us with. We must take control, galvanise our own efforts, reach out to the media, publicise our plight and ensure that everyone know that we want SISU OUT.

When that day comes, whenever it is, be part of it. Join the campaign, build for a brighter tomorrow. Unburden our proud club from the shackles of this weird part Hedge Fund part Secretive Capitalist litigation obsessed Cult and embrace a bright new golden sky blue dawn.

The hard work, commitment and organisation of Fan Power got us back to our beloved Ricoh playing in Coventry, now it can get SISU OUT.

We should tie BLACK RIBBONS all over this Town until SISU ARE OUT.

SISU OUT.

TheOldFive

Could just stick with the blue ribbons

Yes, maybe so, better perhaps to put it to the Sky Blue Trust to run a SurveyMonkey or suchlike so that we could galvanise some democratic Fan support for the idea and agree on a colour. I would be happy with any colour so long as it symbolised SISU OUT.

ajsccfc

moreno-cryingRAZZ.gif

LB87ccfc

Theoldfive.. no one cares enough to follow this unfortunately, happened at other clubs over the years with en mass demonstrations but many failed to remove their owner / chairman.

But we have not got the bottle to get any of this up and running like it should be, yes all the Northampton don't go malarky brought us back, but we only returned as both businesses were failing.

Unfortunately, I don't believe enough fans would demonstrate, last time at the Ricoh at the Jimmy statue mustered maximum 120 fans, says it all really.

AndreasB

Im in.

Perhaps Ann Lucas, Bob Ainsworth, Kevin Maton and Peter Knatchbull Huggeson could all give us some rousing quotes about how evil SISU have destroyed their club.

TheOldFive

Thanks - I know that you have some disagreements with others but, if you are united behind this then it bodes well for the campaign. Hopefully everyone can rally round and perhaps a bit of the "Spirit of The Hill" can return to Coventry.

I think all of those people would probably be able to say things about Sisu that we would be VERY interested to hear! I think Ann Lucas would be too gracious and diplomatic though especially with the Court Appeal arising. The man from the Higgs would probably want to be more discreet now that there is a lot more interest and scrutiny on what the Trust gets up to in its role as a foundation to support children and young people. They would be a lot more careful in bringing attention to themselves since the days of Balloon demonstrations!

But I think we could also get some great exposure on the Facebook and Twitter as well as this and "Lesser" internet forums. I know the man that did the sky blue wristbands and I bet he could get SISU OUT ones. I know the Sky Blue Trust people and I bet The other Hillers they would all be up for it too - no chance of a fan in the boardroom whilst Sisu are still here, unless you mean Mrs Garlick! (I don't think she would be very helpful though).

All the people that are usually pro-Sisu are probably a bit busy with their UKIP campaigns etc so it could be a good time to strike.

SISU OUT.

#PUSB #BELIEVE #SISUOUT

http://www.skybluestalk.co.uk/showthread.php?t=50447

TheOldFive

Theoldfive.. no one cares enough to follow this unfortunately ... we have not got the bottle to get any of this up and running like it should be ... we only returned as both businesses were failing....

Well for starters we can say that there is a bigger than 17,000 demonstration in empty seats every fortnight versus what we can get in attendance if we had SISU OUT - the Gillingham game proves that. People do care you can tell by the disappointment and upset online and at games and in general the shadow that has fallen over the City of late. Yes, money talks, which was the genius of NOPM and why Michael's plan needs to be continued, repurposed to be NOPM until we have SISU OUT. In a moment of optimistic forgiveness I bought a Season Ticket earlier but I will be taking a flask and sandwiches for games in future - it's NOPM For me until we get SISU OUT.

Grendel

A great initiative. I am up for this one.

wince

Sorry mate but unless any demo is against the council also I am out, they are both as bad as each other , and as much as I detest sisu , the council have no right to hid behind confidentially clauses with tax payers money, that stadium is not there's to choose who they want to sell it to , it was for the best for Coventry city , and if they couldn't deal with sisu {no one can} then selling it to a London rugger team was not the answer

TheOldFive

A great initiative. I am up for this one.

It's "early days" but I sense the momentum of a rolling bandwagon, or maybe, like the "Little sky blue train that could" we will slowly and steadily huff and puff our way to our final promised destination! Great to have you on board Grendel, AndreasB too, so now I hope some of your 'adversaries' (hey, we're all fans it's only banter!) will unite alongside us and make an unstoppable team! I bet if you guys were pulling in the same direction as the Houchen's Head and bigfatrons of this world then Sisu would be out in a trice!

Do you have any committee or organising skills as I think we might need some until we are able to get The Trust or a Michael Orton OnBoarded. It won't be long I'm sure!

SISU OUT.

wince

Sorry mate but unless any demo is against the council also I am out, they are both as bad as each other , and as much as I detest sisu , the council have no right to hid behind confidentially clauses with tax payers money, that stadium is not there's to choose who they want to sell it to , it was for the best for Coventry city , and if they couldn't deal with sisu {no one can} then selling it to a London rugger team was not the answer
TO add why didn't they put it on the open market , with a price .what ever wasps have paid some one might have paid more , now we will never no

TheOldFive

Sorry mate but unless any demo is against the council also I am out ...as much as I detest sisu...

Thanks and sorry that you can't feel able to join us at the moment mate but there will be room for you when the time is right - everyone is welcome and we won't be having any 'BlueFire' in this campaign!

We have more in common that what divides us. It is a matter of ways and means. The Council's decision has likely prevented Sisu realising any plan to steal the Ricoh for a song then sell it on to whoever, that was all they cared about never the club, never the game. Look at what Pressley is having to deal with, and be in the firing line for, whilst every asset possible is being stripped from our club. The Council couldn't possibly sell out to that scenario and have taken the least bad (of a lot of bad) option that at least gets hard working taxpayers out of the situation at last. The Council are no longer part of the equation, they have gracefully got out. Now that's all we want from Sisu too. SISU OUT.

Samo

Why don't you start a campaign about who you'd like in? Because without the in, there will be no out. Unless its liquidation you crave?

WestEndAgro

Black Ribbons at the ready, my Sky Blues ones have only recently came down.

#SISU OUT

Sick Boy

How about some putting some doves around the city to show our love for the council for gracefully getting out of the equation?

dongonzalos

Why don't you start a campaign about who you'd like in? Because without the in, there will be no out. Unless its liquidation you crave?

No one else would want to buy ACL
No one else would put a sports team in the Ricoh
No one else would buy CCFC..........

Samo

No one else would want to buy ACL
No one else would put a sports team in the Ricoh
No one else would buy CCFC..........

So if there are buyers, lets campaign to get them in... or is it liquidation you want?

TheOldFive

Nature abhors a vacuum, someone goes out, someone comes in. Quite possibly they could be worse but what are the odds? We need to make a noise about the issues, publicise the problems, get the attention of potential owners who now we are back at the Ricoh might think everything is rosy and there is no club to be bought, no opportunity to be had if you had the slightest inking of what you were doing - unlike Sisu. Don't fall for the "Better the Devil you Know" line, do you know who came up with that one originally? Yep, you guessed it, THE DEVIL. Says so in the Bible. But I don't want to talk about religion or anything devisive, just stuff that will unite us. SISU OUT.

Samo

Nature abhors a vacuum, someone goes out, someone comes in. Quite possibly they could be worse but what are the odds? We need to make a noise about the issues, publicise the problems, get the attention of potential owners who now we are back at the Ricoh might think everything is rosy and there is no club to be bought, no opportunity to be had if you had the slightest inking of what you were doing - unlike Sisu. Don't fall for the "Better the Devil you Know" line, do you know who came up with that one originally? Yep, you guessed it, THE DEVIL. Says so in the Bible. But I don't want to talk about religion or anything devisive, just stuff that will unite us. SISU OUT.

Must be true then. But seriously, and I don't mean to be negative, SISU will go when they are good and ready and not one second before, a million black ribbons will not alter a cold hard business decision.

Chipfat

Im in.

Perhaps Ann Lucas, Bob Ainsworth, Kevin Maton and Peter Knatchbull Huggeson could all give us some rousing quotes about how evil SISU have destroyed their club.

So are SISU blameless, because if you think they are not maybe they should of been included in your post and all could explain how they have all played a part in destroying OUR club......But i suppose that does not fit in what you believe which is why you play Them and Sisu in the majority of the post you type..

TheOldFive

I don't mean to be negative, SISU will go when they are good and ready and not one second before, a million black ribbons will not alter a cold hard business decision.

Don't feel guilty about the negativity, these are dark times, stick with it. A very similar story was said about the exile to Northampton, Fisher and Seppala both said this year we were never going back to the Ricoh, "That Ship has Sailed". The Campaigning and boycotts worked though, the economics were swung against Sisu and they can be again! Yes, business is cold and hard, and when the scales are tilted against the economic interests of Sisu with no prospect of recovery they will go. We just need to nudge the scales! SISU OUT

TheOldFive

Sarcasm central on this thread this afternoon.

To be fair, I suspected some but I think it's better to be open handed and accepting and welcoming, show a good example and at least give people the opportunity to engage with the issues. Yes, there is a trap in Causal Logic in that it stifles innovative thinking, but it is undeniable that past behaviour is usually the best predictor of anyone's actions, including an organisation like Sisu. If you don't want what we have had in the past in our future, that's an endorsement of SISU OUT.

Otis

I think we should make this a triple whammy club sandwich.

Campaign to get Sisu our (getting Lucas, Mutton, Maton. PKWH et al onboard), also campaign for us to sign Ched Evans and lastly to get everyone to vote UKIP!!

We can then party like it's 1999.

or in UKIP's case, 1899.

Users who are viewing this thread