BLACK RIBBONS - SISU OUT CAMPAIGN: Who's In? (1 Viewer)

TheOldFive

I'm disappointed that crusty bed sheets weren't mentioned in the original post, i'm out.

Ha! Yes, you can have a crusty bed sheet or a dog blanket. Don't forget your FIre Certificate though!

(Actually it's a good point, protest banners. We have some Firefighter supporters and I'm sure some in The Trust or supportive of the cause, no reason why they couldn't check SISU OUT banners and sign off fire certs outside the ground if the banners were suitable - we could even laminate the certificates officially so "Security Stewards" (not all of them, I mean the hired in Sisu Goons) couldn't rip them up in the ground!)

http://www.skybluestalk.co.uk/showthread.php?t=50447

chiefdave

Why don't you start a campaign about who you'd like in? Because without the in, there will be no out. Unless its liquidation you crave?

Isn't this how we got SISU in the first place, the idea that if we didn't get behind them and everyone give them their shares for free we'd go out of business?

Is there a risk there will be no buyer? Of course, that may in a large part depend on what pay off SISU will accept to walk away. Its impossible to gauge what level of interest there is in buying the club when the owners have consistently said it is not up for sale.

Maybe the aim should be to establish what SISU want to leave and, once that is known, push for the club to be marketed as available for sale on that basis.

TheOldFive

I think we should make this a triple whammy club sandwich.

Campaign to get Sisu our (getting Lucas, Mutton, Maton. PKWH et al onboard), also campaign for us to sign Ched Evans and lastly to get everyone to vote UKIP!!

We can then party like it's 1999.

or in UKIP's case, 1899.

That's a bit too much of a shit sandwich for me, no matter how much bread I had with it! CHED OUT UKIP OUT SISU OUT

Como

I would first line up those who want in, perhaps start with a fund raiser. More likely to succeed with OUT if you have a way out?

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

It's now completely obvious to everyone of a fair and right mind that SISU are to blame for all the problems we face and in the name of all that is good they have to go. WIth the greatest of respect it is time to raise our voices, our banners and aspirations and call for SISU OUT.

To those that say "if you hurt Sisu you hurt the Club" we appreciate that but it is the same risk in removing any parasite from any host. One cannot countenance the alternative. There is no acceptable alternative to SISU OUT.

We are in a death spiral with them at the controls. All we have to lose is our Pride, and we will surely lose that if we don't put up a fight now. The time has come, nothing left to lose, no alternative. SISU OUT.

If you went to Sixfields, or didn't march, none of that means that you are on Sisu's side. You have probably been able to decouple in your mind any thoughts you have regarding the owners from the Loyalty you have for the Club. Fair play to you, that took character and strength not selfishness or weakness. But now is the time to make another clear eyed and rational decision and join the campaign to ask Sisu to politely and peacefully cut their losses and put the club in the hands of others, for everyone's benefit, SISU OUT.

It is time to unite. To claim the no-shows at The Ricoh as a continuation of the protest in the mind of the press. To ensure the new editorial leadership of the Coventry Telegraph clearly knows that fans, and their customers dearly want SISU OUT.

What if we all boycotted games and stood outside demonstrating? And holding marches in town, and mobilising the media and creating awareness about our plight? Maybe we could get Michael Orton to start up the massively successful "Not One Penny More" campaign as a full blown single issue protest - to get SISU OUT.

This isn't Club versus City, or Club versus Council. It's not something the Football League will ever help us with. We must take control, galvanise our own efforts, reach out to the media, publicise our plight and ensure that everyone know that we want SISU OUT.

When that day comes, whenever it is, be part of it. Join the campaign, build for a brighter tomorrow. Unburden our proud club from the shackles of this weird part Hedge Fund part Secretive Capitalist litigation obsessed Cult and embrace a bright new golden sky blue dawn.

The hard work, commitment and organisation of Fan Power got us back to our beloved Ricoh playing in Coventry, now it can get SISU OUT.

We should tie BLACK RIBBONS all over this Town until SISU ARE OUT.

SISU OUT.

Oh happy day :claping hands:Been waiting for this was going to start tomorrow as for ribbons I might know some people that might be interested;)

Samo

Isn't this how we got SISU in the first place, the idea that if we didn't get behind them and everyone give them their shares for free we'd go out of business?

Is there a risk there will be no buyer? Of course, that may in a large part depend on what pay off SISU will accept to walk away. Its impossible to gauge what level of interest there is in buying the club when the owners have consistently said it is not up for sale.

Maybe the aim should be to establish what SISU want to leave
and, once that is known, push for the club to be marketed as available for sale on that basis.

So we should somehow make them say it IS for sale and tell us how much they want?

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Must be true then. But seriously, and I don't mean to be negative, SISU will go when they are good and ready and not one second before, a million black ribbons will not alter a cold hard business decision.

Why they came back to the Ricoh before they were good and ready ask Rob S;)

TheOldFive

I would first line up those who want in, perhaps start with a fund raiser. More likely to succeed with OUT if you have a way out?

Are you thinking of a fund raiser to buy the Club? Or to finance some communication and engagement opportunities? I think we could fan-fund a club prospectus so we could in effect advertise the Club as 'For Sale'. It would be a bit of a stunt of course but one to raise the profile. The media are hard to keep engaged or interested at the best of times so we need to keep innovating.

I know that people will say "who would buy us" but we can show that we would be very appealing to the right buyer.

Samo

Are you thinking of a fund raiser to buy the Club? Or to finance some communication and
engagement opportunities? I think we could fan-fund a club prospectus so we could in effect advertise the Club as 'For Sale'. It would be a bit of a stunt of course but one to raise the profile. The media are hard to keep engaged or interested at the best of times so we need to keep innovating.

I know that people will say "who would buy us" but we can show that we would be very appealing to the right buyer.

How would you suggest we make ourselves appealing to the right buyer?

Nonleagueherewecome

So we should somehow make them say it IS for sale and tell us how much they want?

Yes, they've been very clear that the club is absolutely not for sale, just like they were with Wilson.

blueflint

personally i have advocated NOPM from the start being SISU out i won't be back until they are

Nonleagueherewecome

Nonleagueherewecome

Are you going to simply give them a ring, ask them to admit that the club is for sale and for how much?

Fuck me, subtelty is lost on you, isn't it?

The point was that everything has it's price, no matter what protestations are made about something/one being "not for sale". Such comments are purely posturing. Granted, for CCFC that price should currently be about 5p, but still...

Samo

Fuck me, subtelty is lost on you, isn't it?

The point was that everything has it's price, no matter what protestations are made about something/one being "not for sale". Such comments are purely posturing. Granted, for CCFC that price should currently be about 5p, but still...

I asked (sarcastically) if we should make them say the club is for sale and you replied 'yes'. What subtlety did i miss?

Nonleagueherewecome

I asked (sarcastically) if we should make them say the club is for sale and you replied 'yes'. What subtlety did i miss?

My "Yes" was sarcastic. Of course they aren't going to come out and say that the club is for sale, just as they didn't come out and say that Wilson was for sale. Doing so would only lower the price. To 4p.

skybluetony176

Ribbons are ok, but I'm looking for something with tassles ideally.

I have a pair of black nipple tassels that you're welcome to.

I bought them as a present for my then girlfriend now wife when she was 18 but the best part of 2 decades later and having breast fed 2 kids they mark the ceilings and laminate floor now.

One careful owner, slightly soiled (that's my fault).

ajsccfc

Question is could she make them swing independently? Now that's a skill that would make Erik Lamela look like a chump.

Samo

My "Yes" was sarcastic. Of course they aren't going to come out and say that the club is for sale, just as they didn't come out and say that Wilson was for sale. Doing so would only lower the price. To 4p.

We appear to have double sarcasm-ed and missed each others gist! :)

TheOldFive

Can I ask what has this got to do with this Campaign? I think we need to Focus guys, resist the temptation to tire or be distracted, the internet is a terrible place for this. Objectifying women isn't all that cool either given that we will need as much support from all sexes, all races and all classes to get SISU OUT.

Not wanting to be a Moaning Malcolm guys, just think we need to maintain the tone and leave the banter for elsewhere. Okay?

Users who are viewing this thread