Transfer Rumour #CARLBAKERDAY (2 Viewers)

better days

View attachment 7931

From the Portsmouth News

It's looking more and more like something is going to happen
After being asked why Baker was left out of the squad for the last match and intimating that a move would suit both parties Jackett was then asked about possible signings
His reply was 'someone has to go out before we can bring anyone in..............'

Nick

Administrator
Wasn't the sticking point always him getting out of his contract at Portsmouth anyway?

Still, after we have just managed to get Andreu in it would look promising for L2. A bit baffling too!

better days

Wasn't the sticking point always him getting out of his contract at Portsmouth anyway?

Still, after we have just managed to get Andreu in it would look promising for L2. A bit baffling too!
Didn't MR say recently that player(s) would need to go out if we are to bring anyone in before the window shuts?
Looks like being an interesting few days

Nick

Administrator
Didn't MR say recently that player(s) would need to go out if we are to bring anyone in before the window shuts?
Looks like being an interesting few days

That's what I thought, then Thomas went and we got Andreu and he said it had been going on for a while.

Are we going to offload for Baker? I can only see it being Stevenson.

chiefdave

Seems like their manager being a dick. Said he was part of his plans at Portsmouth and didn't want him to leave when other clubs were sniffing around in the summer then bombed him out last week. From what I've been told he was told so late in the day that he'd been taken out of the squad he'd already had his pre-match meal hence him asking if he could go to the gym to burn it off.

There's been no hint of any bust up and their fans aren't too pleased he was taken out of the squad let alone allowing him to leave.

Very odd.

If it works for us financially I'd have him back.

Nick

Administrator
All seems a bit weird, surely he would sell him then if he didn't want him or get him out early so he could use the wages freed up?

better days

That's what I thought, then Thomas went and we got Andreu and he said it had been going on for a while.

I suspect some of the fringe players may be sent out on loan
Didn't Robins mention Dion KE possibly going out & we have 4 keepers in the squad too
That would reduce the salary bill for FFP

steve82

That's only only way I can see it being possible and getting near the match day squad is if Stevenson was to be sold.

steve82

Even then it would be in centre midfield wouldn't it. (unless he changes formation)

I'd say so yeah baring injuries and suspensions or tweaks during the 90 mins depending on how the games going.

Maybe it's time for him to come inside now using his experience and passing range in the central role, I'm not saying he's not good enough to play the right wing role as he's done it last year but we've assembled a side over the summer addressing those areas.

I'd take his set piece abilities tho, were still needed that in the side because JJ cannot do the role currently in a match situation.

oucho

If Baker signs we have

Vincenti
Jones
Andreu
Duck
Baker
McNulty

All of those could play number 10 or across the front 3.

While he may not start every week, he would be battling with Andreu for the shirt I think.
I don't think this means we're overloaded. We can obviously switch to any of 442, 4411, 433 and 451 - most of those players are sufficiently versatile to play more than one role. When you think that we need to have 2 players for every position, that means that we need, based on your classic 442:
4 wide attacking midfielders who can play wide or central or no 10 - Baker, Vincenti, Jones, Andreu
4 strikers - McNulty, Thomas, Beavon, Nazon

Otis

And there have been hints that maybe Thomas will go on loan, so that'll be one less if that happens.

Sky Blue Harry H

Our squad is looking stronger than last season the way it is heading. Just need to prove it on the pitch now!

fernandopartridge

If he comes he's as likely to start ahead of Jones as he is Vincenti. Jones still young and developing.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Otis

Welcome back Carl!*

*hasnt happened yet; just getting in there first incase it happens :)

I'm going to get my named Baker City shirt done straight away and then if he doesn't come I'll just start a campaign to try and get Buck's Fizz back together again.

shmmeee

I suspect some of the fringe players may be sent out on loan
Didn't Robins mention Dion KE possibly going out & we have 4 keepers in the squad too
That would reduce the salary bill for FFP
Homegrown kids aren’t included in FFP are they?

Grendel

Surely you wouldn't sell Stevenson to pay bakers wages. That would be lunacy

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I wouldn't but I'm sure plenty would!

better days

Homegrown kids aren’t included in FFP are they?
The two fringe keepers both came from Arsenal's Academy
Not sure about the full details of FFP for home grown players but the DKE's and the likes of Jordan Shipley and Pontichelli could benefit from a few months playing men's football on loan

Users who are viewing this thread