Transfer Rumour #CARLBAKERDAY (4 Viewers)

Hobo

This Baker Day?

Have we signed Mary Berry?

Irish Sky Blue

I think you are both being harsh on Baker. I don't see him as a Coventry legend or anything like that. Compared to the players we had in the top flight days he wouldn't compare favourably. In the Champion ship he was very hit and miss, maybe one good game in five. However, in League One I thought he was a very influential player, something borne out by his goals and assists records. For how long he can keep producing is a good question, but the fact he played so many games last season, scoring and making goals would suggest that at our current level he could be a good player. Certainly I feel he have been missing the creativity he could bring. Andreu is looking like he can add this to the team, no harm in having someone else in the squad who can do the same.

Sky Blue Harry H

I will try to explain my stance:
Fans with a fixation with ex players who were criticised when they were here.
Fans hyping up players before seeing them play then slagging them off.
Fans being over critical of some youth players trying to break through.
Other youth players with over expectation heaped on them to be our saviour.

We have a group of (very vocal) fans who yoyo about on their opinion from one week to the next. Predict 4-0 victories when they are never in sight. Moan about results against teams like Swansea at the start of a season (guess who got promoted).

If Baker comes back fine.... but in my opinion he isn't the answer. Last time was his best chance to really make his mark. He was less than consistent first time around .

Good luck City and MR

I kind of agree with you about yoyoing (is there such a word?) fans, but having thought about it again, I don't.

CovisGod

He's bloody signing isn't he. I swear the fans have forced this through more than anyone else. Can actually see it happening now.

Wouldn't be my first choice but an extra body in the squad would only help

oucho

The fans have been going on about Baker coming back since the day he left, We've had Baker Day on here since the day he departed, ive never known anything quite like it
Right, but why would that make any impact on MR's decision to sign him?

ajsccfc

The fact it'll stop everyone banging on about him signing and tweeting ANNOUNCE BAKER is now the only reason I want him to sign.

ajsccfc

He'd need to retire before people give up on the idea, and then you're just moving on to him being the next manager instead.

JulianDarbyFTW

The reason people bang on about him is a) he scored a few goals in L1, b) he clearly enjoyed playing for us, and he always played like he cared (which we haven't seen much of in the last year or two), c) he was good on social media, and for me the biggest of all, d) he was unfairly treated by Pressley. The combination of all of those points creates what we have today - a clamour for his return. FWIW I'm in favour of him coming back, but if he didn't it wouldn't particularly concern me.

Nick

Administrator
Yeah but it is a bit embarrassing the way people go on like he is Ronaldo or Messi and begging him day in day out.

CovisGod

Right, but why would that make any impact on MR's decision to sign him?

Announce a fans favourite and could impact sales, get a player in that already has an obvious love of the club and potentially gives 100% and that's half the battle. I'm not saying fans have influenced his decision but constant reporting on players who don't play for us by the Telegraph etc. Must have caught notice

Users who are viewing this thread