CCFC Deadline Day Deals (1 Viewer)

oucho

We could send him to a school of medical science for test on how a professional football can't get fit and stay fit !
Shame we never sent Eastwood there

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

No it isn't.

It's like your missus saying you can't go on holiday unless you win the lottery but she gets a bonus at work 3 days later and says "Remember what I said the other day? Well I think we might have won the lottery" clearly meaning you are now going to get a holiday.

He had already made comments about the lottery and that we weren't signing anybody, hence he then referred to it. Then everybody whips up a storm about Baker etc.

Nick, you know Coventry fans are some of the most fragile people in the world.

Even though I am happy with signing one centre back, his comments were always going to be swallowed with anticipation from a large amount of people.

Yes, maybe you did get the holiday your missus said you were now getting. However, her words suggested Bali, you thought Cancun, now you're in Camber Sands for 3 nights.

To put it mildly, the comments got some people's hopes up.

Mucca Mad Boys

Me too. Was expecting Thomas and possibly Willis or Stevenson.

Realistically, no one can knock our dealings this window. Thomas was out of contract and Harries probably wasn't going to start. I do wonder if Bigi would be starting if he stayed... We've kept all our other young lads and we've built an experienced squad to build on that. Despite the last three results, I'm still optimistic.

Otis

Realistically, no one can knock our dealings this window. Thomas was out of contract and Harries probably wasn't going to start. I do wonder if Bigi would be starting if he stayed... We've kept all our other young lads and we've built an experienced squad to build on that. Despite the last three results, I'm still optimistic.

Me too. Expecting a turn in our fortunes starting this Saturday.

Nick

Administrator
Nick, you know Coventry fans are some of the most fragile people in the world.

Even though I am happy with signing one centre back, his comments were always going to be swallowed with anticipation from a large amount of people.

Yes, maybe you did get the holiday your missus said you were now getting. However, her words suggested Bali, you thought Cancun, now you're in Camber Sands for 3 nights.

To put it mildly, the comments got some people's hopes up.
Hopes for what? He ruled out any signings completely, it's not as if he said we aren't going to get a 30 goal striker unless we win the lottery, then said we might have won the lottery and signed a centre half.

It's been taken literally and blown up, added in with disappointment about baker that has also been blown up massively.

I was expecting multiple outgoings today. That was my expectation.

Last edited:

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Hopes for what? He ruled out any signings completely, it's not as if he said we aren't going to get a 30 goal striker unless we win the lottery, then said we might have won the lottery and signed a centre half.

It's been taken literally and blown up, added in with disappointment about baker that has also been blown up massively.

I know that, you know that. Many CCFC fans do not.

Comments like that make people think anything from Baker up to 10 Ronaldo's. It was just a little bit silly to say, and made it look like we would do more than sign one defender to a lot of people.

Skyblueweeman

Think everyone is reading too much into the lottery comment.

And maybe there was some extra money fall into his lap. Money that meant we didn't have to sell Jones, Stevenson or Willis.

Any 'lottery' windfall doesn't have to be spent on players coming in. It *could* be spent on keeping players here.

Anyway, I'm not looking into it too much. Just concentrating on hopefully 3 points at the weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Otis

As I say, he could have worded it better.

Now I'm sure we have many City fans frothing at the mouth.

Nick

Administrator
I know that, you know that. Many CCFC fans do not.

Comments like that make people think anything from Baker up to 10 Ronaldo's. It was just a little bit silly to say, and made it look like we would do more than sign one defender to a lot of people.
That's because they listen to spin and hysteria.

1ccfc

I bet he got excited when he found out Wilson was leaving Bournemouth for Sunderland without reading the full details - I did!

covmark

As I say, he could have worded it better.

Now I'm sure we have many City fans frothing at the mouth.
This is bang on.
From what I read earlier, it seemed we were in for an influx.
Sometimes I really wish I wasn't born in Cov.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
This is bang on.
From what I read earlier, it seemed we were in for an influx.
Sometimes I really wish I wasn't born in Cov.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
What made you think there would be an influx? He made the lottery comment the other day.

luwalla

for anyone disappointed... imagine we signed 10 players closed season, and then signed Tony Andreu, Duckens Nazon & Tom whatsisname today, id be family happy and optimistic!! ( then again maybe thats just me, I must keep bloody renewing my season ticket for some reason!!! )

lets hope nazon & andreu can kick on like new signings & exciting ones at that, in the next run of games!!!

Nick

Administrator
for anyone disappointed... imagine we signed 10 players closed season, and then signed Tony Andreu, Duckens Nazon & Tom whatsisname today, id be family happy and optimistic!! ( then again maybe thats just me, I must keep bloody renewing my season ticket for some reason!!! )

lets hope nazon & andreu can kick on like new signings & exciting ones at that, in the next run of games!!!
That's the thing, too much focus on the last day. Sky sports, news etc.

We've been doing business for months now and did a fair bit quickly. Not just signings but renewals.

luwalla

We've been doing business for months now and did a fair bit quickly. Not just signings but renewals.
Man Utd signed no one today & will most likely win the league ;)

Hobo

Our season is a disaster because we haven't signed. Someone at 10.55 pm!. The Sky crews need hot cocoa

rob9872

Great post. We've had time to bed them in already whilst others will now try to accommodate new signings and possibly upset the balance over the coming weeks.

stevefloyd

We have signed a complete new team, fair play to our shite owners for that and fair play to Mark Robins and co, they all will not be a success even the 'top' teams dont have 100%success rate but i did think we could do with a hard working nasty fooker time will tell

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

Fairpoint, I don't think you should be leaving anything to the last minute. In the last few years the whole deadline day thing has become sensationalised by Sky.

I would rather get the business done early doors and get the team having a whole pre-season together - which in all fairness robins has done.

I take it free transfers and loans are still open for another month?

Cavan O'Doherty

We have signed a complete new team, fair play to our shite owners for that and fair play to Mark Robins and co, they all will not be a success even the 'top' teams dont have 100%success rate but i did think we could do with a hard working nasty fooker time will tell
How many times do we have to go over this, it is not down to the owners. They have nothing to do with the club and let it run itself with no investment. Well done for sitting on your arses and doing nothing!

pusbccfc

I feel the disappointment for many comes from the fact our team, despite still being early in the season, has shown a number of faults and nothing significant has been done to change it since the weekend. Of course players on a free can come in, as well as loans, but the ending of the transfer window puts a bit of fear in people that this is it till January.

I really want(ed) Baker due to his constituency over the past 4/5 seasons. Unlike most players in our squad, he has performed at a decent standard at three different clubs across a number of seasons. Yes, he may not have set the world alight, but I could almost bank on him to get 10 goals and 10 assists based on his record over previous seasons.

Cavan O'Doherty

I feel the disappointment for many comes from the fact our team, despite still being early in the season, has shown a number of faults and nothing significant has been done to change it since the weekend. Of course players on a free can come in, as well as loans, but the ending of the transfer window puts a bit of fear in people that this is it till January.

I really want(ed) Baker due to his constituency over the past 4/5 seasons. Unlike most players in our squad, he has performed at a decent standard at three different clubs across a number of seasons. Yes, he may not have set the world alight, but I could almost bank on him to get 10 goals and 10 assists based on his record over previous seasons.
No loans after the transfer window shuts anymore.

steve82

Looks like we lost out to Barnet on Dave Tarpey.
giphy.gif

Yes, looked a late deal.

There will be uproar in the morning now, fans will be picketing outside Ryton with Gilbert lapping it up.

Can see the headlines now, Barnet land a player we cannot and where's Baker!

Stay clam everyone

singers_pore

I wonder if the "lottery" is the income that came in from season ticket sales on iFollow? Each ST costs 100 quid and I would imagine that at least 500 overseas fans would have signed up. That makes 50,000 quid which is probably enough to cover a L2 player's annual salary (plus taxes).

Otis

Our season is a disaster because we haven't signed. Someone at 10.55 pm!. The Sky crews need hot cocoa
Ridiculous! And I've just been listening to Talksport where someone has just said 'Liverpool said they had money to spend and were going to strengthen and they simply haven't.'

They just spent THIRTY FIVE MILLION on Oxlade-Chamberlain and it's just been dismissed as cattle feed.

NortonSkyBlue

You mean like Doyle?

Users who are viewing this thread