Chris Hussey - LM Sensation? (1 Viewer)

covcity4life

Ahead of Fleck? Playing Fleck on a wing is such a waste of his talent IMO. Especially when we could play Hussey or Sheffers on the left and Fleck in the middle.

Anyone know where Bell has disappeared to as well? I don't even know if he's still with us, I can't remember him being released!

he tweeted he was near a comeback 2 weeks ago

so hopefully hell be back playing by november,id like to see how he does on the right in L1

Otis

I had this crazy dream just now that Hussey had been told by Robins in his second day in the job that he wasn't needed! Then people were saying he was a bad influence in the dressing room, and then that he'd be the next player listed after Malaga. Thank God I woke up when I did, here in SBT Reality, where everyone judges players on their performances, not on rumours, hearsay and their own preconceived dislike of a player.

I had this crazy dream that one day you would actually say it as it is rather than spin it.

Have corrected for you here.

ONE person said that Hussey had been told by Robins in his second day in the job that he wasn't needed! People then said that MIGHT be true. Then people were saying he MIGHT POSSIBLY be a bad influence in the dressing room, and then that he MIGHT be the next player listed after Malaga.

Oh, and if you judge people on their performances you would have to admit that Hussey has not played at all to his potential this season has he.

And also wise not to judge a player after just one fleeting appearance, as in Jordan Henderson, is it.

hill83

Hussey us a liability defensively, but worth a go on the wing. I said this a couple of years ago as I'm sure others did.
Hope it works out well for him.

covcity4life

I had this crazy dream that one day you would actually say it as it is rather than spin it.

ONE person said that Hussey had been told by Robins in his second day in the job that he wasn't needed! People then said that MIGHT be true. Then people were saying he MIGHT POSSIBLY be a bad influence in the dressing room, and then that he MIGHT be the next player listed after Malaga.

Oh, and if you judge people on their performances you would have to admit that Hussey has not played at all to his potential this season has he.

And also wise not to judge a player after just one fleeting appearance, as in Jordan Henderson, is it.

NLHWC dont know shit about judging players, its been established.

Otis

I may be wrong, but wasn't him who was praising ROD some time back? Sure he said something like "In ROD I trust" and that he was the answer to our scoring problems.

torchomatic

He's probably the best crosser of a ball at the club. Hopefully, Robins will play him there again. As I said on the York thread. Me and the old blokes around me in B28 have been saying for a while that he should be pushed up into midfield.

stupot07

Ahead of Fleck? Playing Fleck on a wing is such a waste of his talent IMO. Especially when we could play Hussey or Sheffers on the left and Fleck in the middle.

Anyone know where Bell has disappeared to as well? I don't even know if he's still with us, I can't remember him being released!

To be fair, the only time Fleck has looked decent is when Robins has put him out wide left where he can get a bit more time on the ball.

RichieGunns

I hope he does get another chance in Midfield.

Apart from his horrible corner kick yesterday, he does have a good boot on him.

I think the main issue with him being at LB was that he would make a run up field, get to the point where he needed to cross the ball, and realise he'd run out of poof and then just fall apart as he was crossing the ball.

Playing him on LW means his position is more advanced, he doesn't need to use all of his energy getting to the final 3rd and still has enough reserve energy and composure (which can go if your panting like a horse on acid) to cross the ball into the box.

As for Bell, I really do hope he has a fair crack at the whip. Having him as an extra option on the right will be handy.

It allows Robins to mix it up (like he has been) when making subtitutions to change a game.

I think under Robins, players like Hussey and Bell will be given the chance to show the quality we all know they have, but just haven't been showing up until this point.

Covstu

He's probably the best crosser of a ball at the club. Hopefully, Robins will play him there again. As I said on the York thread. Me and the old blokes around me in B28 have been saying for a while that he should be pushed up into midfield.

dont forget torch, if he plays well no-one can boo him!!! ;)

Otis

Probably agree with that. Only Sheff and Hussey appear capable of putting really good dangerous crosses in.

RichieGunns

Probably agree with that. Only Sheff and Hussey appear capable of putting really good dangerous crosses in.

Bakers had his moments aka the 3 odd assists he's made from crosses but he seems to have a fair amount of shitty crosses too...

But I do see improvement from Baker and I for one would like to see him continue as our Captain.

I think Robins has seen that Kilbane wont be playing many games as a starter anymore and he needed another person to take the arm band and I think Baker proved his worth the chance.

I would hope Robin's working on crossing with all those lads who can do it (Hussey, Baker, Moussa, McSheffrey).

The stronger they are at it, the more chances we will see for goals to be scored.

Also think he's been working with the strikers because Ball and McGoldrick are really knocking them in right now which im glad about :D

torchomatic

Agree Otis. It's a shame that we can only think of two good crossers. I could give you ten who are rubbish at it.

stupot07

Hussey's and Sheff's crosses are very hit or miss. I'd say fleck is the best crosser in the team by a mile.

hill83

Wasn't there a thread a couple of weeks ago suggesting a mental formation but with Hussey on the wing that got slated all round? But now after 10 minutes against a league two team he's Arjen Robben.

Sutty

Wasn't there a thread a couple of weeks ago suggesting a mental formation but with Hussey on the wing that got slated all round? But now after 10 minutes against a league two team he's Arjen Robben.

To be fair it had Hussey and Christie as inverted wingers in a front 3.

Attacking from the wing is very different to attacking from full-back, so it will probably take Hussey a fair amount of time to adjust, if that is where he's going to play from now on.

RichieGunns

I don't think he's the next Arjen Robban! The title has a ? Next to it which invites people to discuss why he might be good in this position. Notice the 'might', not 'will' be good.

If he does play in that position then yes he'll need to adapt but considering he's not had a game under Robin's until last night, maybe Robin's sees him as more effective in midfield than at LB.

Only time will tell of course..!

hill83

I don't think he's the next Arjen Robban! The title has a ? Next to it which invites people to discuss why he might be good in this position. Notice the 'might', not 'will' be good.

If he does play in that position then yes he'll need to adapt but considering he's not had a game under Robin's until last night, maybe Robin's sees him as more effective in midfield than at LB.

Only time will tell of course..!

Ha ha, I know, just thought I'd mention it!

Nonleagueherewecome

I may be wrong, but wasn't him who was praising ROD some time back? Sure he said something like "In ROD I trust" and that he was the answer to our scoring problems.

Nha, that wasn't me....I hate him...

Nonleagueherewecome

NLHWC dont know shit about judging players, its been established.

It was this pratt one post above you who said that-and he says I don't know players!

Nonleagueherewecome

YOU don't judge on performances, you judge on crappy sad little forum rumours. Hussey looked OK to me in the home games-as good as Reckord. I didn't see him away where he got more stick.

As for Henderson-disappeared without trace? Maybe Robins agrees with me that he's shite?!

Otis

He came unfit didn't he? Sure CWR were saying he was injured. You trying to say that Robins brought him on loan himself and then decided he was shite after one game? :facepalm:

I do not judge on forum rumours. I do judge on performance. Please show me some proof before you start saying completely stupid things like that. I judge every player on performance on the pitch and always have.

That is simply untrue what you have said.

wingy

This topic was covered a fair few times last season ,with the same suggestion re Cyrus Christie while we were crying out for wingplay that would allow change of formation.

Otis

Bloody hell put your handbags away will ya! :p

Well, he doesn't half talk some tosh sometimes. :whistle:

We as fans can only judge players on what we see. We obviously do not see what happens behind the scenes, what goes on, on the training ground or relationships between players, managers and coaches.

With Malaga most of us think he has done alright. We don't know the whole picture though do we.

Lynch said Hussey had been told he was being sold in Jan. That may or may not be true. Last night was the first time Hussey has had game time since Lynch's announcement though, so who knows. Maybe pure coincidence.

Fans guess about this sort of stuff on here all the time. When they see a player dropped it is human nature for the wagging tongues to come out and start debating things off the field as much as on it.

It does irk me though when some people start spouting drivel and untrue drivel at that! ;)

Last edited:

covcity4life

henderson is shit after one game? hahaha

and also lmao talk about a hatchet job

i said "in ROD we trust" as a running joke in the friendlies lmao,and to be fair until hes given a run in the league noone knows either way haha

you have reached a new low NLHWC

Otis

And not quite one game either.

He only played 67 mins and clearly wasn't fit. But let's not let that cloud our judgement eh! ;)

dongonzalos

Hussey is a player with an abundance if ability and needs support not flack and he could blossom into one of our best players like Baker has.....

Otis

Think the captaincy has upped Baker's game. He has taken the responsibility really well.

You know what I think part of the problem with the flak to players is, Don? League One! Being in League One.

Last season I think most fans were saying that Baker and Hussey and McSheffrey and Wood etc. were good enough for the Championship. There has therefore been an expectancy for these players to not just be good enough, but to shine in this division. One level lower. The likes of Macca really should be too good for this level. Kilbane too.

It's been the underperforming of players in this league to even this league's level when the expectation was that they would positively shine.

We've struggled for years and not there is a notion amongst many fans that we are now a big fish in this division.

I do think this is all a major factor in players getting abuse this season thus far.

dongonzalos

These players and this squad should be promoted as a minimum. Granted the job is a little harder after the comedy shenanigans that led to five defeats.
However Robins has steadied the ship and I do believe this squad and the depth it now has is one if the strongest going.

Last edited:

Otis

And I think we are a better team without the likes of McSheffrey, Wood and Kilbane in it. Certainly at the moment anyway.

He seemed to do very well tonight from what i heard.

Think Robins will put him in there more often?

Similar to Gareth Bale situation - CH could be a first team regular in that position - always rated the lad as a LM attacking option, now he must be given the chance

Otis

I think most fans have endorsed at least the notion that it might be a good idea to play him there.

He is not a good defender, but is much better going forwards.

Users who are viewing this thread