City on football focus today. (2 Viewers)

SkyblueSpecial

A new owner would have the ability then come in and buy the stadium from the council who just want the best for CCFC?

Are you a Wasps fan, out of interest?

Someone had 9 years to do that and it didn't happen. If it didn't happen when we were a championship club with crowds of 20k+, why would it have happened since 2014?

I'd like to know how Wasps are responsible for us being bottom of the league.

No I'm not a Wasps fan, I don't follow Rugby. Are Wasps fans not welcome on here or something?

torchomatic

torchomatic

What have Wasps done to put ccfc in its current position?

None of them questioned or argued for the football club when CCC let the franchise in. Not one of them: CT, BBC, Observer. That was my point.

Nick

Administrator
Someone had 9 years to do that and it didn't happen. If it didn't happen when we were a championship club with crowds of 20k+, why would it have happened since 2014?

No I'm not a Wasps fan, I don't follow Rugby. Are Wasps fans not welcome on here or something?

I'd like to know where somebody has said "it is all wasps fault we are bottom of the league".

Would you say the club is more appealing with the chance to link them with the stadium and the incomes etc to a new buyer, or without?

It is a CCFC forum after all ;)

SkyblueSpecial

I'd like to know where somebody has said "it is all wasps fault we are bottom of the league".

Would you say the club is more appealing with the chance to link them with the stadium and the incomes etc to a new buyer, or without?

It is a CCFC forum after all ;)

I never accused anyone of saying that.

What I have asked is how are Wasps even slightly responsible for us being bottom of the league?

Yes I'm sure the chance to link the club with the stadium would make us more appealing.

However, as I said before, if no one wanted to buy us pre 2014, in what way did we become more desirable post 2014?

Yes it is a Ccfc forum. Recently we have had a very nice oxford fan post on here. Did he meet your approval?

Nick

Administrator

What I have asked is how are Wasps even slightly responsible for us being bottom of the league?

Yes I'm sure the chance to link the club with the stadium would make us more appealing.

However, as I said before, if no one wanted to buy us pre 2014, in what way did we become more desirable post 2014?

Yes it is a Ccfc forum. Recently we have had a very nice oxford fan post on here. Did he meet your approval?

Nobody has ever mentioned Wasps and our league position have they? The same as nobody has blamed the council for the league position.

Yes, the Oxford bloke seems a nice chap. He isn't trying to get in "What have Wasps done wrong" when people mention them either within his first few posts on the site ;)

torchomatic

No one said they were responsible for us being bottom of the league, did they?

Grendel

Well at least you agree with me that Wasps aren't to blame.

I was beginning to think I was the only one on here.

Wasps are the epitome of franchised sport. Their purchase of the stadium with an extended lease has to be objected to by all coventry fans

They will look to conquest customers from both us be the local rugby club. They can charge a fortune in 2 seasons for us to play there. A successful CCFC would be a huge danger to them.

At least they lost today. I'm sure we are all happy about that.

SkyblueSpecial

Nobody has ever mentioned Wasps and our league position have they? The same as nobody has blamed the council for the league position.

Yes, the Oxford bloke seems a nice chap. He isn't trying to get in "What have Wasps done wrong" when people mention them either within his first few posts on the site ;)

Nor does he blame all of Oxford Uniteds woes on other sports clubs.

Our league position is a key indicator of the state of our club. The state of the club at this exact moment in time is what we were discussing, and some decided Wasps were "partly responsible". As a fellow Coventry City fan I am merely asking how that is so?

As for me mentioning a forbidden subject within my first few posts, I apologise. May I suggest you update the forums terms and conditions to clarify which opinions you personally do not like and state how many posts I must make before being allowed to deviate from the accepted consensus?

SkyblueSpecial

Wasps are the epitome of franchised sport. Their purchase of the stadium with an extended lease has to be objected to by all coventry fans

They will look to conquest customers from both us be the local rugby club. They can charge a fortune in 2 seasons for us to play there. A successful CCFC would be a huge danger to them.

At least they lost today. I'm sure we are all happy about that.

I agree with all that. They are a problem for our future potential, I don't deny that

However at this moment in time, they have caused not one speck of harm to Ccfc.

Grendel

Our league position is a key indicator of the state of our club. The state of the club at this exact moment in time is what we were discussing, and some decided Wasps were "partly responsible". As a fellow Coventry City fan I am merely asking how that is so?

As for me mentioning a forbidden subject within my first few posts, I apologise. May I suggest you update the forums terms and conditions to clarify which opinions you personally do not like and state how many posts I must make before being allowed to deviate from the accepted consensus?

Oh fuck off back to the drunken drivel site and go back to the other two sad tossers that post on there.

Nick

Administrator

Who is blaming all woes on Wasps? Seems like you are trying to do the over exaggeration trick.

Don't think it really needs to be in the terms and conditions when you sign up on a CCFC forum and go straight into defending Wasps ;)

Grendel

I agree with all that. They are a problem for our future potential, I don't deny that

However at this moment in time, they have caused not one speck of harm to Ccfc.

Correct me if I'm wrong but we're not your first posts in here pointing out that from your experience with the retirement village the butts stadium is a no go?

SkyblueSpecial

Who is blaming all woes on Wasps? Seems like you are trying to do the over exaggeration trick.

Don't think it really needs to be in the terms and conditions when you sign up on a CCFC forum and go straight into defending Wasps ;)

I would have thought Ccfc fans would want to hold those truly responsible for the teams decline to account.

I suppose there are always some strange people about. Those that get a kick out of finding a scapegoat for our problems ;)

Nick

Administrator
I would have thought Ccfc fans would want to hold those truly responsible for the teams decline to account.

I suppose there are always some strange people about. Those that get a kick out of finding a scapegoat for our problems

So you aren't going to point out who has said Wasps are responsible for all woes then?

I'd say there are plenty of different people to blame for the shit position the club is in with varying degrees of percentages.

Because 1 set are cunts, it doesn't mean others can also be cunts.

SkyblueSpecial

So you aren't going to point out who has said Wasps are responsible for all woes then?

I'd say there are plenty of different people to blame for the shit position the club is in with varying degrees of percentages.

I will once you point out where I have said that.

Nick

Administrator
I will once you point out where I have said that.

Erm, it's implied here:

There's also this that has never been said:

People can say Wasps have done certain things or things have happened because of them being here, it doesn't mean they are instantly being blamed for everything in CCFC history ever.

torchomatic

I suppose there are always some strange people about. Those that get a kick out of finding a scapegoat for our problems ;)

We do: Sisu, CCC, ACL.

Reactions: vow

Grendel

Which I agree with.

All I am saying is at this exact moment in time, Wasps don't deserve to join those on that list.

In the future they might well do.

They most definitely do and should have been hounded out the minute they took residence here.

Liquid Gold

If Vladimir Putin did something that harmed sisu's business interests people would defend his murdering of the opposition.

SkyblueSpecial

Erm, it's implied here:

There's also this that has never been said:

People can say Wasps have done certain things or things have happened because of them being here, it doesn't mean they are instantly being blamed for everything in CCFC history ever.

Nothing was implied unless you are deliberately looking for it.

Anything Wasps have done so far hasn't harmed Ccfc, so they're aren't really any valid comments linking them to our current situation.

RocketSkates

I certainly think that Wasps buying the Ricoh only aggravates the tricky position we're in, it almost pulled the proverbial rug from under our feet as far as any chance of owning the stadium was concerned. Also their plans for Alan Higgs all revolve around Coventry not being in the picture.

Grendel

Anything Wasps have done so far hasn't harmed Ccfc, so they're aren't really any valid comments linking them to our current situation.

I disagree so fuck off back to the hornets nest.

Liquid Gold

Which I agree with.

All I am saying is at this exact moment in time, Wasps don't deserve to join those on that list.

In the future they might well do.
If you were injured, in hospital without work and unable to pay your mortgage and someone knew of your condition used the opportunity to buy your house at a knock down price you would be rightly outraged.

Wasps have robbed us of the opportunity to (possibly ever) have decent owners. A modern football club is only viable with proper access to revenue that a stadium provides. Unless something changes with the council we will never have that and Wasps are responsible.

Nick

Administrator

Erm, it was pretty much implied which is quite clear from you typing it.

Them refusing to do a deal on rent and pretending it's due to legals and just happening to want to go to Higgs out of 17 sites mustn't be making any difference.

Liquid Gold

I certainly think that Wasps buying the Ricoh only aggravates the tricky position we're in, it almost pulled the proverbial rug from under our feet as far as any chance of owning the stadium was concerned. Also their plans for Alan Higgs all revolve around Coventry not being in the picture.
That's a point I'd missed as well. Wasps kicking our academy out of the home that was built for them has been smoothed over by local press, doesn't seem to be an issue for many fans and causes direct harm to ccfc. As long as it 'hurts sisu' though hey.

Liquid Gold

Erm, it was pretty much implied which is quite clear from you typing it.

Them refusing to do a deal on rent and pretending it's due to legals and just happening to want to go to Higgs out of 17 sites mustn't be making any difference.
Yep, conspiring with the council to force ccfc in to a disadvantageous rental deal is another way wasps are causing immediate harm.

SkyblueSpecial

If you were injured, in hospital without work and unable to pay your mortgage and someone knew of your condition used the opportunity to buy your house at a knock down price you would be rightly outraged.

Wasps have robbed us of the opportunity to (possibly ever) have decent owners. A modern football club is only viable with proper access to revenue that a stadium provides. Unless something changes with the council we will never have that and Wasps are responsible for that.

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but the Ricoh (the equivalent of the house in your analogy) was never ours, in fact whilst most of the discussions regarding the Ricoh were going on when we weren't even tenants there.

Users who are viewing this thread