City on football focus today. (1 Viewer)

SkyblueSpecial

Erm, it was pretty much implied which is quite clear from you typing it.

Them refusing to do a deal on rent and pretending it's due to legals and just happening to want to go to Higgs out of 17 sites mustn't be making any difference.

Again none of those things have harmed us yet have they?

Nick

Administrator
Forgive me if I'm wrong, but the Ricoh (the equivalent of the house in your analogy) was never ours, in fact whilst most of the discussions regarding the Ricoh were going on when we weren't even tenants there.

They started while we were.

Liquid Gold

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but the Ricoh (the equivalent of the house in your analogy) was never ours, in fact whilst most of the discussions regarding the Ricoh were going on when we weren't even tenants there.
The Ricoh was built for us, we paid the majority of the building costs and then we're forced to accept a rental deal. I'd say it's even worse being forced out of a rental property that you built yourself, paid 90% of the funds for then have someone turn up buy on the cheap because the person who helped you with the extra 10% wanted to fuck you over.

Liquid Gold

How is it causing immediate harm?
Because there in uncertainty about where we will be playing after next season. This is causing friction between the club and the fans and also making us a less attractive prospect to potential signings.

I suspect you know this and are either on the wind up or an extremely naive person.

SkyblueSpecial

The Ricoh was built for us, we paid the majority of the building costs and then we're forced to accept a rental deal. I'd say it's even worse being forced out of a rental property that you built yourself, paid 90% of the funds for then have someone turn up buy on the cheap because the person who helped you with the extra 10% wanted to fuck you over.

We didn't pay the majority of the building costs.

SkyblueSpecial

Because there in uncertainty about where we will be playing after next season. This is causing friction between the club and the fans and also making us a less attractive prospect to potential signings.

I suspect you know this and are either on the wind up or an extremely naive person.

I think league 2 football next season would be at the forefront of any potential signing.

Nick

Administrator
A decent troll builds up a post history before blatantly trying to mug people off. You're poor at this and a poor troll must be a sad individual.

Yeah you would think so, blend in a little bit rather than jump straight into it.

Liquid Gold

giphy.gif

Ignore the guy. Don't give him the attention he clearly craves. Let's just get on with the build up to our incredible day out tomorrow where all city fans (of which he clearly isn't one) will be able to sing together.

SkyblueSpecial

Wow, considered a troll for having a different opinion to yourselves.

I really don't know what has become of my club. The one thing that has kept my hope alive these last 15 years is the knowledge that Coventry City fans had loyalty to each other.

Disregarding a fellow supporter as a troll is frankly disgusting. I have supported this club my whole life, and I would give anything for us to be successful again. But because I dare to have a different opinion I am less of a fan than the rest of you.

I'm not sure I feel welcome on here anymore. I have only being posting on here a few days but it has been a real eye opener.

If this cauldron of name calling and stigmatising of fellow supporters is representative of fan attitudes then I really have lost my club.

Nick

Administrator

I really don't know what has become of my club. The one thing that has kept my hope alive these last 15 years is the knowledge that Coventry City fans had loyalty to each other.

Disregarding a fellow supporter as a troll is frankly disgusting. I have supported this club my whole life, and I would give anything for us to be successful again. But because I dare to have a different opinion I am less of a fan than the rest of you.

I'm not sure I feel welcome on here anymore. I have only being posting on here a few days but it has been a real eye opener.

If this cauldron of name calling and stigmatising of fellow supporters is representative of fan attitudes then I really have lost my club.

You still haven't mentioned where anybody has blamed Wasps for everything and for us being bottom of the league?

Signing up and making shit up about Wasps etc doesn't really look the best does it?

SkyblueSpecial

You still haven't mentioned where anybody has blamed Wasps for everything and for us being bottom of the league?

Signing up and making shit up about Wasps etc doesn't really look the best does it?

I didn't say anyone had did I?

I signed up 9 days ago and made plenty of posts before even mentioning Wasps.

Are you the admin, because I have to say your not doing a very good job of welcoming new fans on here.

I had expected this to be somewhere where all Sky Blues fans could discuss the state of our club in a mature and responsible way. Somewhere that all Ccfc fans were welcome regardless of opinions.

Instead this just seems to be a vipers nest where the shouty types are free to insult and used foul language.

vow

worlds_smallest_violin2.jpg

Skyblueweeman

Hey, Special...just picked up on all these responses. A number of people have kind of said what I'd say so I'll leave it at that.

Enjoy your day tomorrow. I will.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
I didn't say anyone had did I?

I signed up 9 days ago and made plenty of posts before even mentioning Wasps.

Are you the admin, because I have to say your not doing a very good job of welcoming new fans on here.

I had expected this to be somewhere where all Sky Blues fans could discuss the state of our club in a mature and responsible way. Somewhere that all Ccfc fans were welcome regardless of opinions.

Instead this just seems to be a vipers nest where the shouty types are free to insult and used foul language.

I have quoted your exact words already.

Plenty of posts, it was probably around 5 or 6 at the most.

There are plenty of mature and decent discussions, you have just chosen not to get involved in those.

Captain Dart

If you were injured, in hospital without work and unable to pay your mortgage and someone knew of your condition used the opportunity to buy your house at a knock down price you would be rightly outraged.

Wasps have robbed us of the opportunity to (possibly ever) have decent owners. A modern football club is only viable with proper access to revenue that a stadium provides. Unless something changes with the council we will never have that and Wasps are responsible.

I'm more outraged that Uncle Bryan sold the family house we owned, blew all our money on crazy schemes and moved into a plush pad we couldn't ever afford.

SkyblueSpecial

I have quoted your exact words already.

Plenty of posts, it was probably around 5 or 6 at the most.

There are plenty of mature and decent discussions, you have just chosen not to get involved in those.

Quoted my words where I didn't accuse anyone of anything?

This was a mature and decent conversation at first.

That was until you and others decided to start accusing me of being a troll and launch a tirade of foul language my way.

Aren't you as an admin supposed to uphold the idea that a forum is a meeting where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged?

Anyway, I've waited my whole life to see City at Wembley. I should be looking forward to that right now, not arguing with fellow fans.

To those that have been civil, even if we have disagreed, remember we are the heart and soul of Ccfc. We are a decent set of fans. Good people.

Regardless of your opinions, please dont let the foul mouthed Neanderthals speak for us. If we act like moronic football hooligans then all parties will treat us as such.

Tomorrow will be amazing, I will try to forget this unpleasantness and hope we all sing with one voice.

PUSB.

Nick

Administrator
Quoted my words where I didn't accuse anyone of anything?

This was a mature and decent conversation at first.

That was until you and others decided to start accusing me of being a troll and launch a tirade of foul language my way.

Aren't you as an admin supposed to uphold the idea that a forum is a meeting where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged?

Anyway, I've waited my whole life to see City at Wembley. I should be looking forward to that right now, not arguing with fellow fans.

To those that have been civil, even if we have disagreed, remember we are the heart and soul of Ccfc. We are a decent set of fans. Good people.

Regardless of your opinions, please dont let the foul mouthed Neanderthals speak for us. If we act like moronic football hooligans then all parties will treat us as such.

Tomorrow will be amazing, I will try to forget this unpleasantness and hope we all sing with one voice.

PUSB.

I used your words which insinuated exactly that.

People can have discussions, have a look through the many others on going at the minute.

However when somebody signs up and is straight onto how wasps have done nothing wrong it looks a bit strange doesn't it?

Views are being exchanged. Interestingly every wasps person who has signed up has tried to play that line, it will be freedom of speech next.

italiahorse

They most definitely do and should have been hounded out the minute they took residence here.
But they won't because most people in Coventry and Warwickshire see the bigger picture.
Most will have seen an empty stadium with CCFC out in Northampton as the reason CCC sold the stadium to Wasps.
True that CCFC fans will look at it as a lost opportunity but in reality it would have just dragged on for years and years and we still would be exactly where we are now if not worse.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread