City on football focus today. (1 Viewer)

vow

quelle surprise

SkyblueSpecial

I used your words which insinuated exactly that.

People can have discussions, have a look through the many others on going at the minute.

However when somebody signs up and is straight onto how wasps have done nothing wrong it looks a bit strange doesn't it?

Views are being exchanged. Interestingly every wasps person who has signed up has tried to play that line, it will be freedom of speech next.

You choose to take my words as an insinuation. I'm not responsible for how you interpret things.

As for "straight on to defending Wasps" I signed up 9 days ago and this is the first discussion I've had about them.

In fact I made about 30 posts before anything in this topic. Ranging from the train travel plans for Wembley, to a move at the Butts Park Arena.

So for you to say that I am straight onto Wasps is disingenuous at best and a downright lie at worst.

As for what "other Wasps people have done" I have no idea about those. I don't follow rugby, I went to my first city game in 1994, and had a season ticket from 1999 to 2012. Does that satisfy the jury of my fan status?

italiahorse

Yep, conspiring with the council to force ccfc in to a disadvantageous rental deal is another way wasps are causing immediate harm.
How do you know that as CCFC have not even spoke to Wasps about a new short term deal yet ?
The only information we have is from Wasps who say they want us to stay and from CCFC saying we are moving to the Butts.
Hopefully Wasps won't fall into the same trap as ACL under Higgs/CCC of charging a higher rent than the club can afford. Or also taking CCFC at their word on the Butts and saying 'go on then'.
They are better off with us here so there is no point putting us out of business. Poor results will do that.

Last edited:

Grendel

He isn't going tomorrow. Doesn't do away games either but he did go to Sixfields. What a weirdo.

I went to an away game 7 weeks ago and went to sixfields twice. Still lets make fiction truer than fact.

Nick

Administrator
You choose to take my words as an insinuation. I'm not responsible for how you interpret things.

As for "straight on to defending Wasps" I signed up 9 days ago and this is the first discussion I've had about them.

In fact I made about 30 posts before anything in this topic. Ranging from the train travel plans for Wembley, to a move at the Butts Park Arena.

So for you to say that I am straight onto Wasps is disingenuous at best and a downright lie at worst.

As for what "other Wasps people have done" I have no idea about those. I don't follow rugby, I went to my first city game in 1994, and had a season ticket from 1999 to 2012. Does that satisfy the jury of my fan status?

I interpreted it like that because that is exactly what you meant by this.

Nor does he blame all of Oxford Uniteds woes on other sports clubs.

Which infers that others were.

The same as.

I'd like to know how Wasps are responsible for us being bottom of the league.

Also a bit random, because nobody has blamed them for that.

So it's a lie this is the first time you have mentioned Wasps on here?

SkyblueSpecial

I interpreted it like that because that is exactly what you meant by this.

Which infers that others were.

The same as.

Also a bit random, because nobody has blamed them for that.

So it's a lie this is the first time you have mentioned Wasps on here?

Re read what I said.

I said it's the first discussion I've had about Wasps on here, not that it's the first time I've mentioned them.

What exactly is your problem with me anyway?

Have I said anything positive about Wasps anywhere?

Nick

Administrator
Re read what I said.

I said it's the first discussion I've had about Wasps on here, not that it's the first time I've mentioned them.

What exactly is your problem with me anyway?

Have I said anything positive about Wasps anywhere?

Read what I said, I didn't say a discussion I said on about them.

Why are you trying to make everything a play on words?

SkyblueSpecial

Read what I said, I didn't say a discussion I said on about them.

Why are you trying to make everything a play on words?

There is a difference between mentioning something and having a full on discussion about it.

Anyway this has gone on long enough, I have beer that needs drinking.

Enjoy tomorrow, we deserve it.

italiahorse

The Ricoh was built for us, we paid the majority of the building costs and then we're forced to accept a rental deal. I'd say it's even worse being forced out of a rental property that you built yourself, paid 90% of the funds for then have someone turn up buy on the cheap because the person who helped you with the extra 10% wanted to fuck you over.
The Ricoh was built for us ............ the rest is incorrect.

Nick

Administrator
There is a difference between mentioning something and having a full on discussion about it.

Anyway this has gone on long enough, I have beer that needs drinking.

Enjoy tomorrow, we deserve it.

That's why I didn't say you had a full on discussion.

giphy.gif

W

westcountry_skyblue

Stop bloody arguing,Lets all enjoy tomorrow,I've been waiting 30 years to see us again at Wembley!

Grendel

The Ricoh was built for us ............ the rest is incorrect.

Certainly wasn't built for some wank rugby club who've not out a penny into building anything including the training ground investment.

italiahorse

Certainly wasn't built for some wank rugby club who've not out a penny into building anything including the training ground investment.
.... and yet life goes on for most.
Wasps are a good release of anger for some, perhaps unable to get to the line of CCFC management that are responsible but simply just don't care.

dongonzalos

Welcome to wonderful paranoid conspiracy world of Nick mate.
You are not the first and certainly won't be the last.
Once you finally prove to him that you are a true genuine Cov fan who happens to have a different opinion to him regarding the politics around the club.
The best that you can hope for is that he will decide you are not as good a Cov fan. Then he will start counting your posts on the politics around the club verses the amount of posts on matchday threads.
Don't worry about it keep posting and keep your opinions they are as valid as anyone elses.,

Tom's Dad

But they won't because most people in Coventry and Warwickshire see the bigger picture.
Most will have seen an empty stadium with CCFC out in Northampton as the reason CCC sold the stadium to Wasps.
True that CCFC fans will look at it as a lost opportunity but in reality it would have just dragged on for years and years and we still would be exactly where we are now if not worse.
CCC were in talks with Wasps before we went to Northampton...

thekidfromstrettoncamp

italiahorse your 108 post I think Clive said so on one match day. I do think they should put an offer in they(wasps)can only say no but with the naming rights i've said before a football team carries more clout than rugby
How do you know that as CCFC have not even spoke to Wasps about a new short term deal yet ?
The only information we have is from Wasps who say they want us to stay and from CCFC saying we are moving to the Butts.
Hopefully Wasps won't fall into the same trap as ACL under Higgs/CCC of charging a higher rent than the club can afford. Or also taking CCFC at their word on the Butts and saying 'go on then'.
They are better off with us here so there is no point putting us out of business. Poor results will do that.[/QUOTE

Users who are viewing this thread