Transfer Rumour Confirmed - Bradley Collins (5 Viewers)

Calista

Think the comments about Wilson’s distribution are overdone. Two-footed and a pretty clean striker of the ball for a keeper IMO. He clearly gets told to ping long balls to targets right by the touchline, and (surprise!) some of them go out. If the aim was simply to keep the ball on the pitch, he could play it to the back three or smash it long down the middle all day.

(No idea whether Collins is better with his feet tbh, the knowledge people have about other teams' players never ceases to amaze me)

napolimp

Wilson was good, the defence also played a part in the clean sheets.

He can make a wonder save but sometimes his technique and positioning was off and is distribution was awful.

Not saying drop Wilson straight away but Collins is a technically better keeper with much superior distribution so I would expect Robins what that in his team.

Robins isn't afraid to upgrade even players who having let him down.

Yes, technically better keeper. So good technically, that he shipped 73 goals as Barnsley finished bottom of the Championship.

napolimp

So half the season then but it doesn't count? Mcnally only played half our season so he wasn't count either then?

I just wouldn't say he "got them to the play-offs".

I'm just a massive Ben Wilson fan, and I don't see how this is going to work. I also think some players bring more to a team than just ability, I reckon Wilson's character is good for the team. I'd rather Tyler was used as 2nd choice.

Balli001

I'm just a massive Ben Wilson fan, and I don't see how this is going to work. I also think some players bring more to a team than just ability, I reckon Wilson's character is good for the team. I'd rather Tyler was used as 2nd choice.
Viveash has close links to collins and he has more championship experience than wilson. I'll be amazed if he isnr first choice soon.

TomRad85

Got to keep moving forward mate. If Robins thinks Collins is better than Wilson then he's in that team, simple as that.

slowpoke

I’m a Ben Wilson fan but that doesn’t make him the better goalie.

mark82

Wasn't it second half of that season they were really good?

Dimi_Konstantflapalot

Trick is to concentrate less on who's going to be first or second choice and instead celebrate that Simon Moore isn't going to be either
Hard to think of a larger decline in form/confidence than poor old Simon Moore's after his first season with us

He looked a shell of himself in that Wrexham game

Hopefully he moves on and gets back to his best - I think there's a Championship/top of L1 keeper still in there somewhere

Perryccfc

A lot has been made of Collins ability with the ball at his feet. Wonder if this is inkeeping with the assumed change of tactics. We often played the ball long from Wilson, usually for Gyokeres to feed off scraps and create something for himself which he was superb at.
Maybe this signing offers a small clue into a more keep ball swing and playing out from the back which we have played previously under MR.

shmmeee

A lot has been made of Collins ability with the ball at his feet. Wonder if this is inkeeping with the assumed change of tactics. We often played the ball long from Wilson, usually for Gyokeres to feed off scraps and create something for himself which he was superb at.
Maybe this signing offers a small clue into a more keep ball swing and playing out from the back which we have played previously under MR.

Hopefully a new back three means more mobility so we can play a bit further up the pitch. Thought there was the odd game without Fadz and without clangers from his replacements where we looked much better as a team.

Users who are viewing this thread