Transfer Rumour Confirmed - Bradley Collins (3 Viewers)

Ccfcisparks

I think he might find his way to be Number 1. Hopefully he is good. 2 out the 4 needed this week in. Hopefully another couple of CB to go.

David O'Day

We might see him as No.1 sooner rather than later.

He's much better with the ball than Wilson and Robins wants keepers that can do that

SBT

Wilson has earned the starting spot, but will be on a very short leash. Fully expect Collins to be the regular keeper by Christmas.

Gibbo

Sometimes "if it ain't broke" is good advice, and I'd say most clean sheets in the Championship is far from "broke".
I think McNally, Doyle McFadz with BNC and Bidwell in support just might be the main reason for the clean sheets. Much as I love the Ben Wilson back story, and he will forever have the memory of season 22-23 (including his goal), he never at any stage made me feel confident of anything except his ability at dealing with long shots. Dealing with longshots is the goalkeeper's basic job.

shmmeee

So I guess had we not played a goalkeeper in any of those games we still would've kept a clean sheet because of how incredible our defence is?

Do any of you Wilson-haters read what you type before posting?

I’m not sure “He’s better than not having a goalkeeper at all” is the strongest defence 😆

Balli001

No but the man got 20+ clean sheets FFS but we still must replace him ASAP because he makes some on here shit their pants. Most clubs in this league would be over the moon to have a GK with that record but of course SBT moans as usual.
So this time last year you would have put Wilson in over moore?

fernandopartridge

No but the man got 20+ clean sheets FFS but we still must replace him ASAP because he makes some on here shit their pants. Most clubs in this league would be over the moon to have a GK with that record but of course SBT moans as usual.
Two of the biggest contributors to that left at the end of the season, it's irrelevant really to talk about continuity now

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

David O'Day

Wilson was good, the defence also played a part in the clean sheets.

He can make a wonder save but sometimes his technique and positioning was off and is distribution was awful.

Not saying drop Wilson straight away but Collins is a technically better keeper with much superior distribution so I would expect Robins what that in his team.

Robins isn't afraid to upgrade even players who having let him down.

San Francisco

Two of the biggest contributors to that left at the end of the season, it's irrelevant really to talk about continuity now

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Of course, clean sheets are a team effort. Some on here seem to treat Wilson like he's still a second rate League 1 tier keeper and hasn't really improved. I think he's massively deserved to be our no1 keeper.

shmmeee

Of course, clean sheets are a team effort. Some on here seem to treat Wilson like he's still a second rate League 1 tier keeper and hasn't really improved. I think he's massively deserved to be our no1 keeper.

He’s massively improved and deserves a chance to continue that improvement. But he’s improved from a poor keeper to an average one. I hope he continues to good, but if not it’s nice to have competition.

David O'Day

For anyone isn't getting it

We have signed because:

a) It's good to have 2 keepers you aren't worried about starting
b) Better footballing ability from a keeper helps beat the press and creates space for other players
c) Moore is on a load of cash, far more than anyone would be happy paying for someone who s not going to start

Users who are viewing this thread