court papers explained (1 Viewer)

torchomatic

Really? I mean, really?

I don't think anyone has a personal agenda against the main people involved. Look objectively at everything that has happened under SISU's tenure-the idea of yet another season with them at the helm is incomprehensible to myself and many others. The language varies but the sentiments don't.

Sky Blue Dal

Hold on, where's the faux moral outrage?

You say, as facts(though nobody knows yet), that ACL and the Council were going to do what the court documents allege, but didn't just becuae they were worried they'd get caught?

This incessant defending and obfuscation of anything the council/ACL do is going a bit far now.

It's like some sort of hive-mind that has lost the ability for independent thought.

Ok maybe using the word "fact" was not appropriate so I will instead replace that with " the accused being ACL and CCC".... thank you for pointing this out.

As I say the actions that were being brought forward to ACL/CCC was not followed through and that was maybe like I said due threats of such actions getting leaked out or a sense of moral duty may have come into play (which I doubt) ... Remember there are Politian's in CCc/ACL who behave just as bad as SISU no doubts about that.

With me defending ACL/CCC is a no brainer. They are the guardians of our tax payers money (God help us) and are tying too look after the assets of the City of Coventry whereupon all I have seen in SISU, showing a disregard to the City of Coventry, CCFC, the fans, and other organisations such as Higgs who have contributed a hell of a lot to the city. Do you honestly think SISU give a damn about the fans and the club or is it just an attempt suck the city dry by stripping one of its two major asset paid for by the people of Coventry. I don't give damn if SISU own CCFC or not, all they have contributed since taking over is failure after failure and the worrying thing is some ccfc fans seem to thrive on this and are hell bent on breaking the actual backbone of the the city and allowing outside entities to rape the city and its football club of its resources.

So yes, out of the two who I may say are bad as each other, I am defending ACL/CCC.

Last edited:

lordsummerisle

Ok maybe using the word "fact" was not appropriate so I will instead replace that with " the accused being ACL and CCC".... thank you for pointing this out.

As I say the actions that were being brought forward to ACL/CCC was not followed through and that was maybe like I said due threats of such actions getting leaked out or a sense of moral duty may have come into play (which I doubt) ... Remember there are Politian's in CCc/ACL who behave just as bad as SISU no doubts about that.

With me defending ACL/CCC is a no brainer. They are the guardians of our tax payers money (God help us) and are tying too look after the assets of the City of Coventry whereupon all I have seen in SISU, showing a disregard to the City of Coventry, CCFC, the fans, and other organisations such as Higgs who have contributed a hell of a lot to the city. Do you honestly think SISU give a damn about the fans and the club or is it just an attempt suck the city dry by stripping one of its two major asset paid for by the people of Coventry. I don't give damn if SISU own CCFC or not, all they have contributed since taking over is failure after failure and the worrying thing is some ccfc fans seem to thrive on this and are hell bent on breaking the actual backbone of the the city and allowing outside entities to rape the city and its football club of its resources.

So yes, out of the two who I may say are bad as each other, I am defending ACL/CCC.

Sisu are finished here, a busted flush, no need to fight battles that are already won, need to look ahead to the issues with ACL/CCC already.

The constant polarisation of Sisu bad/ACL-CCC good doesn't help, it's highly possible, even probable that both are bad.

James Smith

If it was secured against anything it would be the lease. York Bank aren't in the business of managing stadiums so now doubt they would have looked to sell the lease on to recover as much of the debt as they could. Wonder who would be interested in buying that?!

I think we can accept that there was an issue between ACL and the bank as a bailout was required. It's not that difficult to imagine the bank had a conversation with SISU about what would happen if the bank eneded up owning the lease as they would be the most likley purchasers.
Yeah that sounds possible and I can imagine SISU saying well we'd like to put in a pittance for the lease and the bank saying no chance. If it wasn't for SISU obviously thinking out loud that the rent should be as close to zero as possible and also not paying, then the Ricoh lease doesn't seem to me to be a bad buy.

Last edited:

cloughie

Sisu are finished here, a busted flush, no need to fight battles that are already won, need to look ahead to the issues with ACL/CCC already.

The constant polarisation of Sisu bad/ACL-CCC good doesn't help, it's highly possible, even probable that both are bad.

We can only hope this is true but sadly I'm not convinced they are finished here yet

Bluegloucester

I don't think Sisu will give up, they will take this right to the wire. They have no interest in how this will affect the club.

kmj5000

If this is true - I need to stress that it has not been confirmed by other sources - then we need to rethink the perception of sisu being the devil incarnated trying to pray on a local council and a charity foundation. If this is true it was a joint plan by all involved.
We may also need to wonder if 'CCC will NEVER sell their part of ACL to sisu' was another 'marketing' statement to sustain the pressure on Yorkshire Bank.

The objective was to restructure the 'food chain' of the football club - make sure it stood on financial solid ground and generated enough income to be independant of constant extra funding and had revenue to make it possible to have a squad under SCMP that can compete in the leagues.

As one of the cornerstones in the plan was to acquire the Higgs shares - then the club would own 50% of ACL. And by writing down ACL's debts to the price of the mortgage, ACL effetively goes up in value. It's a twisted investment, but one that actually produce an immediate asset increase in the clubs balance sheet (opposite of asset stripping).

Which part do you think may not be true? ACL owe the bank £16-£18k. SISU buy the loan from the bank and then ACL owe SISU £16-£18m instead of the bank. SISU then distress ACL by charging an extortionate rate of interest or call in the loan and SISU pick up the Ricoh for a song. That,s why the council did what thy did!

...and you think it was all just part of SISU's plan to "restructure the food chain" for the football club? Open your eyes man! Smell the coffee - or the s**t in this case!

James Smith

Also did the council pay money for the mortgage to the yorkshire bank direct or ACL?

torchomatic

I am wondering why PWKH hasn't had his say on this matter. To be fair, he's usually very quick to log on and to keep us informed of events. Even if it's only from his point-of-view, it's always worth a read.

sky blue john

I am wondering why PWKH hasn't had his say on this matter. To be fair, he's usually very quick to log on and to keep us informed of events. Even if it's only from his point-of-view, it's always worth a read.

He is planning his next assault. Rumour has it he will be going with water bombs on his next mission !!!

Nonleagueherewecome

Really? I mean, really?

OK, you know me as a real human being. One who I'd like to think doesn't come over as a bastard most of the time. Do you think I irrationally hate SISU based on my naturally vindictive personality, or do you think it's because I'm disguisted by their stewardship as owners of our club? Honest answer.

Nonleagueherewecome

And I go back to my WWII anology: we're the Brits & Yanks, SISU are the Nazi's, ACL/Council are the Ruskies. Greater evil comes first, then worry about the future enemy. As things stand, I really wish that I could share your certainty about SISU's demise. IMO we haven't even had The Torch Landings yet, let alone D-Day!

Nonleagueherewecome

And no, that's not the Torchomatic Landings ;)

davebart

another 200 post polarised thread discussing complete speculation on all sides.

The gist of the SISU court action appears to be that they were involved in a joint action with ACL to defraud a bank and then the council went and paid a fair price for the same thing.

I'm not sure what their point is. That the council prevented them from cheating the bank?

That the council should let/help them acquire the stadium on the cheap?

James Smith

Surely the council should be congratulated for stopping SISU/CCFC from attempting to cheat the bank, (which may be illegal - fraud possibly?) rather than condemned.

Nonleagueherewecome

Maybe....but don't call me Shirley.

lordsummerisle

Surely the council should be congratulated for stopping SISU/CCFC from attempting to cheat the bank, (which may be illegal - fraud possibly?) rather than condemned.

Shouldn't be congratulated if the fraud was being operated in collusion with the council surely?

Nonleagueherewecome

Shouldn't be congratulated if the fraud was being operated in collusion with the council surely?

Remember your anti-SISU roots! Do you really believe this bullshit line that they're spinning? Really?

James Smith

But if* they decided instead not to proceed with the hair brained scheme (if indeed it ever happened) and then buy out the Yorkshire Bank then they have saved SISU from themselves.

*and we should remember that no evidence has actually been seen yet to back up the SISU claims.

lordsummerisle

But if* they decided instead not to proceed with the hair brained scheme (if indeed it ever happened) and then buy out the Yorkshire Bank then they have saved SISU from themselves.

*and we should remember that no evidence has actually been seen yet to back up the SISU claims.

There has also been an unusual silence from PWKH and council officials on this, down to sub-judice I expect.

wingy

While its never wise to totally discount anything we see or hear in life when not involved i think there were enough articles ,Posts on here prior to/at the time to debunk this matter through timelines alone .

Grendel

Very strange that you "Pick up" on the silence of PWKH and CCC.
How come you've not done the same with SISU over the last 6 years?

Because they have chosen to stay away from media such as this. PWKH has been in here purely as it is a friendly environment where he would get a million likes if he just posted that he fed his cat tuna fish. You would be grovelling thanking him for keeping you informed. There have of late however been more challenges and criticisms. As a consequence the appearances have become less and less and now total silence.

sky blue john

Because they have chosen to stay away from media such as this. PWKH has been in here purely as it is a friendly environment where he would get a million likes if he just posted that he fed his cat tuna fish. You would be grovelling thanking him for keeping you informed. There have of late however been more challenges and criticisms. As a consequence the appearances have become less and less and now total silence.

Whatever you have to say Grendel means nothing and abusing someone that is part and had relevance in this whole situation you may think is clever but is dumb !!!
At least when he was posting it was more information we were getting from any other side. Obviously everyone was able to make their own judgement on what he said but that is lost now well done if that is what you set out to achieve !!!

Grendel

Whatever you have to say Grendel means nothing and abusing someone that is part and had relevance in this whole situation you may think is clever but is dumb !!!
At least when he was posting it was more information we were getting from any other side. Obviously everyone was able to make their own judgement on what he said but that is lost now well done if that is what you set out to achieve !!!

Point proved. Case closed.

Sky Blue Kid

Get it right Grenduffy, SISU have stayed away from ANY form of media for 5 out of 6 years when We needed transparency from them, but force themselves into the media when trying to make ACL/CCC out to be the "Bad Boys"....Those nasty ACL/CCC boys are overcharging us rent, boo hoo, even though we signed the agreement to pay it. We have made little or no investment into the playing staff, but CCFC owe us £40m.....No wait a minute that figure is wrong, it's £60m. We took control of CCFC knowing what the rent was but haven't asked for a reform until last year when we decided not to pay the rent in protest........for 12 months!
We tried to put a Childrens Charity out of business, but we are the "Good guys"
Those nasty ACL/CCC people have done the most horrendous thing to us...They tied 2 "SISU out" balloons to our director Tim Fisher's car...It's the most disgusting thing anyone can do in this war in which we are the injured party sob, sob.:slap:

PWKH

Actually it was one balloon put under the windscreen wiper blade but the story given by Fisher to Moxley made better reading didn't it?
I very seldom venture opinions here: over paid players was, I think, one. The bulk of the things I have put on here have been factual accounts of agreements etc. I know that these are characterised as rants or spin by some: that is their privilege and I am sure people see those comments for what they are. At the moment nothing much has changed: Sisu, through some of its companies is trying to get a Judicial Review of the Council's Decision and Les Reid has abstracted some bits from the 1,000 plus pages that make up Sisu's opening statement to the Court. The Academy is not using the Higgs Centre and Sisu haven't paid to repair the equipment. No change. Nobody knows where CCFC will play next season. Changes are being made to the playing staff: I wait as does everybody else to find out what squad will play where. I am sorry but there isn't really anything for me to add to the debate. I could venture an opinion that the article at http://aprisonofmeasuredtime.wordpress.com/ is an excellent read if you haven't already picked up the link from the threads that discuss it.

PWKH

Along with witness statements and so on it has copies of all the legal agreements that are mentioned. I am not a lawyer and can't comment on its length but it fills five lever arch files!

Brighton Sky Blue

I'm just not sure how anyone physically has the time to sit through and critically analyse all that information, unless the High Court employs cyber-beaureaucrats.

Godiva

I'm just not sure how anyone physically has the time to sit through and critically analyse all that information, unless the High Court employs cyber-beaureaucrats.

Reading them is the easy part - writing them however ...!

Moff

Along with witness statements and so on it has copies of all the legal agreements that are mentioned. I am not a lawyer and can't comment on its length but it fills five lever arch files!

To have the time to fill 5 lever arch files full of 1000 pages for a court case, and yet never have the time to communicate with the fans of the club it owns, tells me everything I need to know about our owners and the contempt they have for us the supporters of the club.

sky blue john

sounds like a lot of chargeable man hours to me add another million to the ccfc debt but don't forget to add your 25% handling fee Sisu !!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread