Coventry 1883 (2 Viewers)

Gary.j

Just to put some sensible perspective on this, Wimbledon fell out of the PL in 2000 and after re-branding and relocation in 2004, ceased to exist. Bradford City fell out of the PL in 2001.

In 2012 Wimbledon FC finished above Bradford City in the football league. If that doesn't give you encouragement, nowt will! ;)

This guy just keeps talking sense.

We can make this happen. Afc wimbledon 9 years to get back to fl, it's their club now!

SlowerThanPlatt

Thanks for the post. I'm sure Bradford will do very good this season and thanks for stopping Villa getting to Wembley.

mark82

No way would Coventry start at the "bottom". You are not a Wimbledon or a Darlington, and AFC Wimbledon achieved L1 in 5 promotions (I think) not 8 or 9, you would be far too big to play in a minor league, the FA and other clubs would aknowledge and understand this, you'd be put in the most appropriate league, it would not be Conference but not far off.

FC United started at step 7 and were getting crowds of a few thousand. If rules weren't bent for them don't imagine they would be for us.

Despite that I am in support of this and happy to be involved.

Darth Robins

Just to put some sensible perspective on this, Wimbledon fell out of the PL in 2000 and after re-branding and relocation in 2004, ceased to exist. Bradford City fell out of the PL in 2001.

In 2012 Wimbledon FC finished above Bradford City in the football league. If that doesn't give you encouragement, nowt will! ;)

Weren't you lot our last game in the prem too? I seem to remember us both already being relegated and it was a shitty boring draw, always wondered why the managers didn't get together and say fuck it, lets play without goalies or something.

Otis

This guy just keeps talking sense.

We can make this happen. Afc wimbledon 9 years to get back to fl, it's their club now!

Well Sisu have a 10 year plan, so if it is 9 years, the new club might pass the City on the way. ;)

Evo1883

i see the premier league table in 2025
manchester united
manchester city
chelsea
coventry 1883

Evo1883

to be honest id rather a club called FC COVENTRY but with a big 1883 accross the bottom of the badge
sky blue and white cross with FC COVENTRY along the top a phoenix in the middle of the cross and 1883 along the bottom

saltaire bantam

Thanks for the post. I'm sure Bradford will do very good this season and thanks for stopping Villa getting to Wembley.

Cheers, we'll do ok, a lot of L1 clubs are cutting back, whilst we will have a top 6 budget and upward momentum.

Weren't you lot our last game in the prem too? I seem to remember us both already being relegated and it was a shitty boring draw, always wondered why the managers didn't get together and say fuck it, lets play without goalies or something.

Remember it well, it was a horrible season, I am pretty sure our away following that day was about 70-80!:D

FC United started at step 7 and were getting crowds of a few thousand. If rules weren't bent for them don't imagine they would be for us.
Despite that I am in support of this and happy to be involved.

I am well aware of United FC, I've seen them several times at Bradford Park Avenue over the past few years but you would be a special case, IMO there is no comparison, they were a new club, Coventry 1883 would be too, but with a transfer of a large swathe of traditional City support, this would have to be taken into account. United level could not cope with your support and that is only 3 promotions away from the football league!

My eldest son gave up on football after a 0-3 home defeat against bleedin Rochdale, 4 season ago, it could have been 7 or 8, he started watching in the PL. Now my youngest started when we were sh1t in the Championship, he saw his team lose and get worse every single year of his life, each year sh1ttier than the last. I've sat there watching him watching Accrington bleedin Stanley take the piss (another 0-3 home defeat) and could have cried, he was 15 before he had any joy and that is why I can empathise with Coventry now, you can see what is in front of you if you really do end up at Sixfileds, god knows how many years of depression, get moving, call their bluff.

mark82

I don't think we would get more than 3000 while the club still exists even if it is in Northampton.

Gary.j

We need to act quickly, getting a place in a league may be difficult so close to the start of the season.

mark82

Do you know this for sure? I know leagues and game have been arranged but, these are extraordinary circumstances.

Next season may be too late for acl.

All fixtures have already been arranged. Only way would be to buy an existing club.

These things take time to arrange also.

SkyBlueSwiss

You realise you would have to start at the very bottom right? You think the Ricoh will let you okay there?

Better than supporting SISU FC in Northampton - no longer my club, so let's start a new one. Doesn't matter how far down it starts as long as us fans own it.

I am in - where do I sign up to help....you could play at the Butts if the support was not there to starts with?

Johnnythespider

I like the op, was saying this at work today, the fans are the club, that which is being taken to Northampton ceases to be ours. Most of us support the sky blues because they represent our city and i think a team that represents our city would do well in terms of support with people from coventry, there are however fans that live elsewhere and they may not find it as easy to transfer there loyalties to a new club. There reasons for supporting the club are not based on the fact that it represents there hometown. I am all for this though, if we do end up going down this road and end up in a new stadium outside Coventry. We also have to take into account the history we are saying goodbye to, from Willie Stanleys singers, to the bantams and onto the sky blues. As for a name what about Cov singers 1883, ironic i know as we don't sing much.

just a question...it is probably too late for this season...if the team does well at Northampton, I mean promotion to the Championship - will all this be forgotten, will fans just get behind the team.

bigfatronssba

just a question...it is probably too late for this season...if the team does well at Northampton, I mean promotion to the Championship - will all this be forgotten, will fans just get behind the team.

I will never forget this, regardless of what happens. Winning something whilst playing outside the city is an irrelevance.

mark82

Not for me. If they moved back to Coventry that is a different question and may be more difficult to answer.

Gary.j

Wasnt wimbledon a last minute job, they had to make an appeal to get a team iirc. It cant hurt to ask the relevant league for an opinion, there is a lot of empathy for us from many football people. Jobs are at stake also.

Anyone got a contact in the midland alliance?

mark82

Wasnt wimbledon a last minute job, they had to make an appeal to get a team iirc. It cant hurt to ask the relevant league for an opinion, there is a lot of empathy for us from many football people. Jobs are at stake also.

Anyone got a contact in the midland alliance?

Try their website mate.

mark82

Or Birmingham County FA may be best place to start.

There are some resources on the main FA website too that give guidance.

Users who are viewing this thread