Match Thread Coventry City - Port Vale Match Thread - Saturday 9th Sep (4 Viewers)

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Woke up confident.

We'll fucking smash them 3-1.

McNulty will score, and we probably will have been 1-0 down before an emphatic comeback.

Liquid Gold

Hope you are right. Chucking it down in South Yorkshire and against my better judgement, after the last two weeks, am heading south for the game. Must be a glutton for punishment.
PUSB.
I missed chesterfield so maybe my judgement is clouded. Been really sunny in Bristol, meet the weather in the middle.

Greggs

Score first we win, concede first and it's a painful 90 minutes

Esoterica

Same. For some reason I'm crazy confident today. Was getting nervous all week but now feel like we can't lose.
I was too until I listened to Robins interview yesterday. No hint in there of him mixing things up in the middle. Sounded more like he thinks we've been hard done by and will keep going the way we are. Hope it was some kind of cruel double bluff.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Vale struggling to score. We're struggling to score, but creating chances. So it'll either be 0-0 or 3-0 win.

Absolutely no logic behind my thinking here!

Team should be

Burge (although I'd still prefer Obrien)
Grimmer
Willis
Davies (unless McDonald is back with us)
Stokes
Doyle
Andreu
Vincenti
Jones
Duck
McNulty

Although I can't see Robins changing his much loved formation to accommodate such an attacking side :)

no_loyalty

Vale struggling to score. We're struggling to score, but creating chances. So it'll either be 0-0 or 3-0 win.

Absolutely no logic behind my thinking here!

Team should be

Burge (although I'd still prefer Obrien)
Grimmer
Willis
Davies (unless McDonald is back with us)
Stokes
Doyle
Andreu
Vincenti
Jones
Duck
McNulty

Although I can't see Robins changing his much loved formation to accommodate such an attacking side :)

This should be the exact side, Vincenti deserves another game, hopefully he will have a good one today

Liquid Gold

I'll feel very confident/worried in 50 minutes when the team news is out.

Why are these threads so quiet these days. It's as if people prefer to argue about sisu than actually support the club.

stevefloyd

My lads not with me today, he's away drinking himself stupid in Gran Canaria but I will be there so 1 less on the gate today, hope we get a goal early couldn't stand the brain deads yawping all game

Cov kid 55

My lads not with me today, he's away drinking himself stupid in Gran Canaria but I will be there so 1 less on the gate today, hope we get a goal early couldn't stand the brain deads yawping all game
I'll feel very confident/worried in 50 minutes when the team news is out.

Why are these threads so quiet these days. It's as if people prefer to argue about sisu than actually support the club.
Can't make the game today, in deepest darkest Cornwall. Hope that all City fans, particularly those making a long journey, have a great day, perhaps a game where we've just about won the game by half time, and can really enjoy the second half. Having said all of that, if we do win, you're more likely to be chewing your finger nails into added time! Good luck all!!

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

My game got called off today, and I was really tempted to go. Tickets at £24 is ridiculous though. There's no way I'm gonna spend that.

The Skyblues Live from The City Arms will have to do!

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Just read Tim Fisher notes in today's program , not a word about where we will be playing next season.

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
Bit gutted, same formation it seems so it just means McNulty and Andreu will be running round like dickheads instead McNulty and Beavon while Doyle and Kelly check the markings for the halfway line.

Liquid Gold

Yes for the mac and Andreu. Shame Kelly hasn't been dropped though. Still think that team will win. Would like to see Ponti on the bench.

Nick

Administrator
They have Barnett and Pope up front, prepare for a battle in the air all game.

Will be a big test for McDonald and Willis I think. Both strikers are 6'3 and strong. Barnett played against us for Wimbledon last year I think, gave us trouble all game in the air.

fernandopartridge

Yes for the mac and Andreu. Shame Kelly hasn't been dropped though. Still think that team will win. Would like to see Ponti on the bench.
You do realise the reason why we've only conceded 3 and barely had any clear cut chances made against us is because of the solid base. Kelly is pretty effective just needs to push a little bit further up the pitch

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
You do realise the reason why we've only conceded 3 and barely had any clear cut chances made against us is because of the solid base. Kelly is pretty effective just needs to push a little bit further up the pitch

I reckon it will be going straight over their heads for most of the game when we defend today, hopefully they will be stood waiting to pick up second balls.

torchomatic

McDonald back! Gonna be alright now.

Liquid Gold

Also the reason we haven't scored for 3 games?

Liquid Gold

No. The reason for that is missing chances.

I just feel like Doyle next to Andreu will give us more penetration in the middle. Doyle and Kelly are both great defensively but not a lot of invention so we end up keeping the ball and playing short passes rather than making runs or through balls.

Users who are viewing this thread