Match Thread Coventry City - West Bromwich Albion Match Thread - Monday 30th Oct (3 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
For all the speed MVE has, he seems to being missing a piece of skill to actually get past a player..
Yet when he knocks it and goes he does him. Issue is we have one in the box and 5 of them

covcity4life

Played quite well. So frustrating that Wilson has let us down.

Think saka and Allen both been brilliant as the two amc. Sheaf poor. Eccles hit and miss. Wright's done fine but can imagine people will be on his back.

I hope robins keeps with box till 70th min before switching back to two upfront.

This is the formation for us I've always believed and still do despite current scoreline.

Alkhen

Thought we played ok, error for the goal is just one of those things.

Wright certainly gets in the right positions which is promising. He just needs to be a bit more positive. If he bags one it would do him a world of good.

Sheafs shooting has been a bit pointless, doesn't seem to be a logical end to our new more patient build up.

Tatsu is a busy fucker and I love it

We just look low on confidence across the team.

procdoc

Wright has done ok, made some great runs but we take an eternity releasing the ball. It’s all a bit desperate

curly_tom

When people say "we're shite" just because we're losing, it feels like they don't uderstand that we have an opposition. We're playing against a side who defend very well, they're hard to break down. We're giving it a really good go and have been close 4/5 times. We're not shite

NorthernWisdom

Allen's passing been good and progressive too. I said ages ago that he and O'Hare seemed to underhit passes, maybe because the training pitches weren't like what we played on. If that changes, that's good all round.

Anyway, I've thought we've been decent. Wright's looked quite sharp too - hope for him yet!

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Wright , I'm afraid, isn't good enough at this level. I'd rather have Simms on. He has a presence and physical strength that wright lacks. Both are far from the finished article but Simms edges it for me.

BlueSkiesForever

Bar the Wilson howler we’ve actually played pretty decently against a solid team, so far much much better than the Rotherham game. Actually getting our striker into the game for once, some more clinical chances and we’ll be back in this. The last half of the first half has been much better, just need to keep this up and think positive going forward.

Paxman II

Wright looks like a bad £8m investment atm.
O'Hare must come on. Godden and Simms must come on. Sacrifice Eccles and two up top.

Otis

Played quite well. So frustrating that Wilson has let us down.

Think saka and Allen both been brilliant as the two amc. Sheaf poor. Eccles hit and miss. Wright's done fine but can imagine people will be on his back.

I hope robins keeps with box till 70th min before switching back to two upfront.

This is the formation for us I've always believed and still do despite current scoreline.
I think we have done okay and are definitely still very much in the game.

Again it's the finishing letting us down, but I am convinced it will come.

Users who are viewing this thread