Coventry United FC (1 Viewer)

Steve.B50

I personally wish them all the best but its just not or me, but some fans may just give up the fight and go watch them. But for me it's CCFC in Coventry or no one.

James Smith

Crap name.

Needs to be Coventry Phoenix or something entirely new. Maybe even go back to Singers.

I'm only nitpicking here of course, but it has to be something other than Coventry United. Can't see City fans chanting 'United, United.'

Come up with a new name. New identity. Then they might be on to something.

I would urge them to seriously change the name.
Cov Phoenix is a ladies Ice Hockey team. www.phoenix-hockey.co.uk

Last edited:

torchomatic

Agree. Same with me. CCFC or no one. No United, no Godiva, No FC, no Phoenix.

I personally wish them all the best but its just not or me, but some fans may just give up the fight and go watch them. But for me it's CCFC in Coventry or no one.

stupot07

what if people did really get behind this though? None of us will truly know that until they kick a ball. Attendances will obviously start off low but as the team go up the pyramid more and more people will go and watch. Is not unfeasible for a team playing non league football to attract attendances of 2 or 3 thousand. Leamington get that every week. Can you honestly see more that 3 thousand going to watch SISU FC playing in Walsall?

But why not get behind cov sphinx or cov copsewood or for those that don't live/come from Coventry their local non league side.

procdoc

But why not get behind cov sphinx or cov copsewood or for those that don't live/come from Coventry their local non league side.

fair point and I agree but there's nothing wrong with giving it a go with a brand new club. It's ups to the individual I suppose

ccfc92

so I could support Bournemouth? :thinking about:

still, I cant feel the same about any club other than CCFC (The real one)

Otis

Very well said...You only support one team in life so this is definately not for me....

But how does this stop anyone supporting the Sky Blues? You still support the Sky Blues, but as you won't attend any of the 'home' games you simply go and watch local football instead, and only do so until the Sky Blues return to Coventry.

It's not an either or question. If I went I would go to watch the local team, but have my radio tuned into CWR following the City.

Don't quite understand how that means I am dividing loyalties or not following the City.

Sent from my KIS using Tapatalk 2

Because i am not doing a round trip of 400 miles to watch them, i only do that for the real ccfc...coventry united are of no interest to me whatsoever.....plus we wont be playing in walsall i dont fall for fisher shite anymore....

NorthernWisdom

But how does this stop anyone supporting the Sky Blues? You still support the Sky Blues, but as you won't attend any of the 'home' games you simply go and watch local football instead, and only do so until the Sky Blues return to Coventry.

Can still do that with the teams about. Sphynx, Rugby Town, Bedworth Utd, Leamington, Racing Club Warwick, they'd all love a bit more support.

mark82

Because i am not doing a round trip of 400 miles to watch them, i only do that for the real ccfc...coventry united are of no interest to me whatsoever.....plus we wont be playing in walsall i dont fall for fisher shite anymore....

In which case support a local non league team!

mark82

Can still do that with the teams about. Sphynx, Rugby Town, Bedworth Utd, Leamington, Racing Club Warwick, they'd all love a bit more support.

I will occasionally go to Leamington too. But as this United will be just round the corner from where I stay when I'm in Coventry I will give it a go too for convenience. Far more convenient than any of those others you have listed.

To be honest, recently I have found going to watch Leamington far more enjoyable than watching Coventry. Those that are not going to Walsall I urge you to give non league football a try before writing it off. You may just find you enjoy it.

mark82

Name one club at that level that ever has had anywhere near the attendances of clubs that have temporarily moved to another town. Away fans will outnumber the people watching a pub team get real.

Think you are being a little disrespectful writing them off as a pub team. Yes the standard is lower but it's a lot better standard than pub leagues. I know your understanding of the football pyramid is probably not the as good as some others on here but that does not excuse ignorance.

mark82

Erm no i support and follow onlyy ccfc round the country if that ok with you.....

Of course it is! No one is saying you have to support another team. For those of us that are unable to get to Walsall or do not want to go to Walsall there are alternate teams that can be followed. Football is entertainment and I would rather do something with my afternoon than mope about because I can't get to Walsall.

mark82

What league are they playing in? They'd surely have to start in Cov alliance division 6?

Cov Alliance isn't in the non league pyramid. It's just a local league. They will be in the Midland Combination. Probably in the Mid Comb Premier but could go into Division 1 or 2.

stupot07

Cov Alliance isn't in the non league pyramid. It's just a local league. They will be in the Midland Combination. Probably in the Mid Comb Premier but could go into Division 1 or 2.

Surely you can't just start a team and say you want to play in the mid comb? I remember sphinx and Nuneaton Griff having to win the cov alliance prem quite a few times to prove they were good enough, with the right business structures in place.

Of course it is! No one is saying you have to support another team. For those of us that are unable to get to Walsall or do not want to go to Walsall there are alternate teams that can be followed. Football is entertainment and I would rather do something with my afternoon than mope about because I can't get to Walsall.

Well hopefully it won't come to us going to walsall, Surely sense will prevail or get taken over.

mark82

Surely you can't just start a team and say you want to play in the mid comb? I remember sphinx and Nuneaton Griff having to win the cov alliance prem quite a few times to prove they were good enough, with the right business structures in place.

You can do. FC United, AFC Wimbledon, AFC Liverpool, Guernsey FC, etc were all started at that level.

mark82

poole town are acting like ccfc :facepalm: they are moving from the town centre stadium to wimborne (equivalent from cov city centre to the ricoh ish)

Different situation. They will be doing it to meet ground grading regulations as they are moving up the leagues.

stupot07

You can do. FC United, AFC Wimbledon, AFC Liverpool, Guernsey FC, etc were all started at that level.

There are already coventry teams in the mids combination, -againt why not follow support them....Coventry united aren't going to be our AFC Coventry.

procdoc

What league are they playing in? They'd surely have to start in Cov alliance division 6?

I think the current rule is if you have you're own private facility with a bar you can start in the bottom league of the Midland Combination, something along those lines

3D Jase

More flesh on the bones,
We will attempt to answer some questions posted on this forum by inquisitive supporters. If only our own SISU or Tim Fisher would have an open discussion with CCFC fans.

Procdoc - I encourage you to support lower league teams as well as your main team, they need your support and mostly play for no money but for the love of the game. Our second team Coventry Spartans is in the Coventry Alliance, by the way, Coventry City Supporters have been the main shirt sponsor for the last two years.

Grendel - any support is fine, we have committed to support our teams for 5yrs, it's about Coventry. I pose this question, if Coventry Utd was playing Leicester Utd (I know) would you cheer our Coventry team? CCFC are much higher and cannot be compared to this team.

Otis - you too have valid points we do listen, it's too late to change the kit colours because the season starts in August. As you know Coventry City did play in Red and White, plenty of images online which was our inspiration. Nick knows one of our committee members and can offer a character reference or arrange a meeting if required.

Skybluerevolution - A youth team is planned for next season in the meanwhile we are arranging talks with an existing youth academy to offer this required support.
We also own a second team Coventry Spartans.
We did consider other clubs such as Hinckley but we wanted to stay in Coventry, that was the aim.
Why not help Coventry Sphinx or Coventry Copsewood, we wanted the ability to put a future structure in place to offer our supporters the ability to change the club using a voting system.
None of the Committee members has links with any other club, apart from supporting CCFC.

Mark82 - great idea to own your own club, you would have a readymade following. The downside is it takes time and dedication as many of you will understand. The FA has many restrictions (like the name and kit colours) they will fine you for every mistake, card, missed game etc. the club secretary, treasurer, chairman and the committee members are all busy.

BTW, it's Midland combination division 2, we would rather start at the bottom, mistakes are more forgiving with a good chance of promotion in the first year. The history
http://www.coventryspartansfc.co.uk/club/156432/History http://www.fchd.info/COVENTRA.HTM

Skyblue-taylor the Mascot, club theme tune and a the tag line (like PUSB) will be opened up to a supporters suggestions.

I must reiterate, support CCFC they will have money off us this season IF they stay at the Ricoh - brilliant facility, we are all proud of this arena.

Hopefully see you all next season at either location.

mark82

Did you have a choice of starting higher or was that where you were placed? What are your realistic ambitions for the club?

Users who are viewing this thread