Match Thread Coventry v Fleetwood Match Thread - Saturday 21st Jan (2 Viewers)

ccfchoi87

#CCFC XI: Burge (GK), Willis (C), Rawson, Turnbull, Clarke, Haynes, Stevenson, Reilly, Rose, G.Thomas, Beavon. #PUSB

3-5-2 unless Haynes lm

Terry Gibson's perm

Won't matter if we win will it.

Decent team, still shows lac k of options at the front end of the pitch but still 10/11 days left of transfer window

Of course but to win you have to score, I think he sets up to not let one in and steal one but we always let them in.

skyblueelephant76

Wouldn't that mean Turnbull or Clarke at left back?
Turnbull played left back for Swindon for quite a while. It does look like 3 at the back and wingbacks though. We know how successful that's been this season...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

wingy

We get the dulcet tones of "Bodaks the name, goals are the game ",on CWR this afternoon.
Never forget that third goal screamer of his over Joe Corrigan (edit due to memory) in that league cup game at Main Rd, late seventies or the blood running down my neck from the belt buckle over my head on the way back to the car.

ccfchoi87

Burge
Willis Clarke Rawson Turnbull
Rose Reilly Stevenson Haynes
Thomas Beavon

Rawson can also play anywhere accross the back 4

Great_Expectations

Turnbull played left back for Swindon for quite a while. It does look like 3 at the back and wingbacks though. We know how successful that's been this season...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Turnbull doesn't have the right attributes to play left back. Equally Willis doesn't to play RWB. Is Venus still picking the team?

Otis

Willis at rb is bad enough but wing back? Shit a brick!
Can only hope his wing back instruction is moving sideways from the centre of the defence to the wing and then back again.

To the wing, back. Wing, back. Wing back. Wing, back.

Otis

3-4-1-2.

Geoff Foster just said it again.

He may well be wrong. I doubt Slade would tell CWR what his formation was going to be in advance.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

CWR indicated it was Rose playing directly behined the two strikers; Beavon and Thomas.

As was said however, I doubt Slade had a cup of tea and a custard cream with Geoff before the game, so fuck knows how accurate that is.

Grendel

Wing back system works well already - left side will be a nightmare

Users who are viewing this thread