Match Thread Coventry v MK Dons Match Thread - Saturday 26th Nov (2 Viewers)

oucho

Quite eye opening wasn't it. He was saying that he is expecting to get bombarded with a load of emails now for speaking out publicly about it because he gets them after an SCG meeting if he dares criticises the owners during it. Also said that the minutes are highly edited to say what the owners want and any criticism of the owners is always left out. Sounds like a dictatorship. Someone is probably doing the cutting throat thing in Rays direction as we speak in the style of the dictator.
Please can someone summarise what this caller said, for those of us who didn't listen?? Thanks!

wingy

You lot must look dodgy, I haven't had my ticket checked once this season!
Yet commented in your post above
You haven't been inconvenienced or treated with a lack of trust in what after buying your ST should be a seamless entry.
I find it offensive to be treated with suspicion in a very generalised manner
There Is no "Intelligence" employed into the approach of halting fraudulent use of tickets
The sledgehammer approach to cracking a nut is neanderthal.

ccfcway

I find that strange getting my ticket checked on the boarding gate and then again as you enter the plane, Why ? they never offer any further advice or anything ?

All domestic planes now only check at the gate, most you don't even need photo ID for any more.

Nick

Administrator
You haven't been inconvenienced or treated with a lack of trust in what after buying your ST should be a seamless entry.
There Is no "Intelligence" employed into the approach of halting fraudulent use of tickets

What did they do? I'm lost at why its offensive.

They check bags every week, no issue with it

Bloke said to me can i check your ticket, I.said yes fine and showed him it. I can't see the outrage from that.

I can see it if the stewards are being dicks though.

Otis

The obvious answer is to check the tickets properly ONCE.

The checking at the top of the stand stairs entrances should only happen when space is an issue and the stadium is relatively full, or at least half decent.

When the stadium has loads of space it is impossible to stop people from being directed to their allocated row or seats, but then moving across to any other empty seats.

letsallsingtogether

I assume these people never try and board a plane
But we are not at an airport.
So you get past the firstb steward then you scan in then they want to see it again before you get to your seat.
What they worried about someone in the wrong seat fuckin hell there's thousands empty.

Ashdown

Use an idellible stamp to show that persons ticket has been verified and don't bother to check it again like a nightclub ?

wingy

Why though? I don't get it :(

Was a good job, my mate was going to use a junior today.
Yeah I gave mine away to someone else who may have been doing the same,once I decided I don't need this shit to go and watch some sport in the sun with my Bro after Having a beer.

Nick

Administrator
Yeah I gave mine away to someone else who may have been doing the same,once I decided I don't need this shit to go and watch some sport in the sun with my Bro after Having a beer.
What shit did you get?

If i have a spare I usually ask somebody in the queue if they have a young kid if they want to use it, but was in a rush today.

letsallsingtogether

He was a top bloke
Listen back lads if you can very revealing
The trust are obviously not alone on there or the bullying /Intimidation /misrepresentation of the minutes etc!
Yes Very revealing not a good place to be in really.
So minutes are doctored so that only what the club wants gets out and I'm a manner that they want.
Just says it all this club is fucked.
Oh and well done to the lads and lasses on the funeral procession looked really good.

wingy

But lots of people do use kids tickets, I did it the other week (even though I.had mine) just to see if it worked and it was straight in.

Loads of places check tickets, although don't agree with the gobby twat in the post above threatening to throw people out.

I have no issue with my bag being checked either if I have one.
What percentage?

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

With regards to the game no complaints with the result they were garbage and we lost to them.

It looked like a shocking decision for the red.

But on the whole we offered nothing in the box and deserved to lose.

Nick

Administrator
With regards to the game no complaints with the result they were garbage and we lost to them.

It was another "they took their chances" game. If only we had shooting practise.

Missed the red, but did anybody see Stevenson get an elbow full force in the back and the ref ignore it?

wingy

What percentage of what?

I feel like I've missed something happening :(
Of ticket use is fraudulent
They must have a number in mind to use sledgehammer techniques to crack a nut
Use "Intelligence "to "Identify "the likely culprits and leave me the fuck alone to watch the game.

letsallsingtogether

It was another "they took their chances" game. If only we had shooting practise.

Missed the red, but did anybody see Stevenson get an elbow full force in the back and the ref ignore it?
But we do have shooting practice that is the problem Nick.
NONE of them are good enough if only they had 50 percent of what Garry Thomson had they would be ok.

Nick

Administrator
Of ticket use is fraudulent
They must have a number in mind to use sledgehammer techniques to crack a nut
Use "Intelligence "to "Identify "the likely culprits and leave me the fuck alone to watch the game.

So you didn't go in because they asked to check your ticket? I don't get it. :( I'm not being sarcastic.

oucho

What's irritating for me isn't the defeat as such but the fact that MK are awful and had been on a 7 game winless run, then they check into Club Ricoh and bang, their winless run comes to an end.

Otis

I don't think we were garbage necessarily. We controlled the game, had all the pressure and passed it about quite well.

However, we didn't make their keeper make a save. We are powderpuff up front and mistake riddled at the back.

You play like that, dictate the play, but fail to create chances and consistently gift opportunities at the back, then you are not good enough and today we were not good enough.

MK were a very poor side today and yet took the points.

We didn't look like scoring. We had some very good opportunities to score, but we lack the quality in front of goal.

We have recruited shockingly badly in the striker department. It really is quite scandalous to have so many strikers and a complete lack of quality amongst them.

oucho

So you didn't go in because they asked to check your ticket? I don't get it. :( I'm not being sarcastic.
Maybe he was being a naughty boy and going in on a junior!

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

I don't think we were garbage necessarily. We controlled the game, had all the pressure and passed it about quite well.

However, we didn't make their keeper make a save. We are powderpuff up front and mistake riddled at the back.

You play like that, dictate the play, but fail to create chances and consistently gift opportunities at the back, then you are not good enough and today we were not good enough.

We didn't look like scoring. We had some very good opportunities to score, but we lack the quality in front of goal.

We have recruited shockingly badly in the striker department. It really is quite scandalous to have so many strikers and a complete lack of quality amongst them.

I said they were garbage

I think we actually tried and weren't that bad just that we aren't very good.

Otis

They were a very, very poor side for sure .

Nice of us to give them a bunk-up though wasn't it.

wingy

Just like Barnsley last season although as I was reminded we actually won that one just.
I did try to warn folk.

Paul Anthony

What's irritating for me isn't the defeat as such but the fact that MK are awful and had been on a 7 game winless run, then they check into Club Ricoh and bang, their winless run comes to an end.
Exactly. It's one of those things that's been the case too often over the years. If a club is in bad form, more often than not, they seem to win against us. Whereas when we're in bad form, we can't seem to find a way out of it anywhere. Also, I can't believe a team can be so bad at shooting. It just seem incredulous to me that we've got so many problems at finishing. What makes it even worse is that Dons are a team that should have been ripe for the taking. That's the kind of game we've GOT to win to get out of trouble.

Nick

Administrator
That's the more worrying thing they were garbage, we 'tried' hard and still lost and offered no real threat.
League 2 beckons.
You could tell before the game in the warm up, our shooting was awful, players were pissing about trying to do silly shit rather than just putting the ball in the net.

You watch other teams and they just focus on scoring.

Bigi summed it up, it's as if our players can't kick a ball. Every free kick he takes is awful, yet he still demands to take them. Corners don't beat the first man.

Stevenson hits a ball well, why isn't he trying a shot?

Users who are viewing this thread