Match Thread Coventry v MK Dons Match Thread - Saturday 26th Nov (1 Viewer)

stupot07

39979584df4c53d51fe7d2c896c1c3be.jpg

Looks one footed, but very late. In real time i don't think the ref made a howler. He was in a great position and it happened quite fast. I presume he felt he used excessive force.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

wingy

Shocking for their first
Strolled out from the back
No press four passes,, could have thrown a Lassoo over our back four, header bang.
Stevensons shot excellent
Can't tell from that footage re the red.

Great_Expectations

No matter how bad a performance a player has produced, you should never boo your own individual players. What good will ever come from it?

Booing the team as a collective is fair.

Otis

Nick

Administrator
As I said earlier, for those sorts of incidents you usually get the opposition surrounding the ref, screaming blue murder and begging for a red card. That doesn't happen here at all.

When I saw it I said yellow.

The ref is a lot closer though for sure.

It certainly wasn't malicious on Stevenson's part.
People by me seemed shocked was a foul, I.was looking in here.at the time :(

stupot07

Tbf Otis, the ref had his red card out instantly, their players didn't have time to surround the ref.

On another note, for their first they have 4 men in thr box...we're lucky if we have one when we swing a cross in.

oucho

A few observations from watching the highlights
1 - maybe it's just the microphones but the atmos inside the ground seems so echoy, the few noises of the crowd and players reverberating around the arena..was it like that live today?
2 - looks to me like Burge ought to have saved the first goal, or is that just due to a trick of the camera angle?
3 - f'ing sensational from Stevenson - great goal - that's his price tag upped by a few thousand!
4 - crap defending for both their goals especially the second with two fluffed clearances, Turnbull first then not sure who fluffed the second

Unfortunately with Willis and Turnbull in particular we're in the situation where we can't drop them due to lack of replacements but they have been making costly errors and must have low confidence by now, which means they may well benefit from missing a couple of games. Our squad is so thin that these guys are "undroppable" and we're being exposed as a result..

ccfcway

2 shocking bits of defending, was never a red and no shots on target at home apart for a worldie from a youngster we have lost for 3 games now

Otis

Tbf Otis, the ref had his red card out instantly, their players didn't have time to surround the ref.

On another note, for their first they have 4 men in thr box...we're lucky if we have one when we swing a cross in.

Noticed that all game long. We had the ball just outside their penalty box all game long, but only had Tudgay in the box. He was outnumbered about 4 to 1.

stupot07

Does anyone think it was a red ?
I think it could be interpreted as serious foul play and thus a red. Unlucky, not a howler of a decision. He was very late, and slid in with force. In order to appeal we'd have to prove it did not fit the following and that's all down to interpretation. Plus the camera angle is poor and of poor quality.

276ceb4efe7416149a0cf565b4864331.jpg

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Nobody played off him or gambled on anything. Jones and reid should run in behind every time for the flick on.

Yep and that's why he tried to control everything on his chest and either lost position straight away or their CBs just headed the ball before he could get his chest on it.

oucho

Am I correct that McBean goes back to the US at the end of January? If so, what's been the point of having him here? We've barely picked him despite us scoring 17 in 20 games.

stupot07

Nobody played off him or gambled on anything. Jones and reid should run in behind every time for the flick on.
Its about personnel and formation and tactics. Neither of them are interested in getting in the box, they are both hug the touchline type wingers. We then play 1 striker and hoping rose can get into the box. The whole way we attack teams needs a complete rethink. How do we want to play football? How do we want to score goals? Etc.

Nick

Administrator
Its about personnel and formation and tactics. Neither of them are interested in getting in the box, they are both hug the touchline type wingers. We then play 1 striker and hoping rose can get into the box. The whole way we attack teams needs a complete rethink. How do we want to play football? How do we want to score goals? Etc.

That's why they should be in a 4 4 2 if they want to do that.

Even when mcbean came on he stood up front on his own.

I'd have put a striker in for rose when he went off.

stupot07

Am I correct that McBean goes back to the US at the end of January? If so, what's been the point of having him here? We've barely picked him despite us scoring 17 in 20 games.
I have no reason why we signed him. Felt sorry for him when he came on today.

stupot07

That's why they should be in a 4 4 2 if they want to do that.

Even when mcbean came on he stood up front on his own.

I'd have put a striker in for rose when he went off.
442, 41212, 532, 352, 4312, 4411, 4231 (with 2 strikers not 3 midfielders)))
Lots of options.

Users who are viewing this thread