Match Thread Coventry v MK Dons Match Thread - Saturday 26th Nov (2 Viewers)

Otis

You could tell before the game in the warm up, our shooting was awful, players were pissing about trying to do silly shit rather than just putting the ball in the net.

Bigi summed it up, it's as if our players can't kick a ball. Every free kick he takes is awful, yet he still demands to take them.
And there was that ball through to Tudgay in the second half with just one defender in front of him. So what did he do? Tried to take an ambitious shot from 20 yards out and hit it with no conviction whatsoever.

Nick

Administrator
And there was that ball through to Tudgay in the second half with just one defender in front of him. So what did he do? Tried to take an ambitious shot from 20 yards out and hit it with no conviction whatsoever.
There's where Jones and reid should have been breaking their necks on the overlap.

For two quick players they are slow as shit a lot of the time. Nobody gambled on tudgay or Mcbean getting a flick on.

oucho

But why would he be outraged by it?
For the same reason people get angry when they get a ticket on their car or are caught on the train without the right ticket - happened to me once and I was fuming initially. People get angry at the person/organisation who rumbles them, irrational though that is.

skybluetony176

Please can someone summarise what this caller said, for those of us who didn't listen?? Thanks!

Basically said that the SCG (of which he was a member, if I heard right representing the diamond club) was basically a place of intimidation where questioning our owners isn't allowed meaning that the only people who do is the trust representation and when he's done it in the past by the time he gets home he's been bombarded with emails from other people present at the SCG over daring to question the owners. They're basically not interested in fan opinion and anyone who dares to mention fan opinion gets intimidated. That's how I took it anyway.

If it's on the player it's worth a listen.

Otis

There's where Jones and reid should have been breaking their necks on the overlap.

For two quick players they are slow as shit a lot of the time. Nobody gambled on tudgay or Mcbean getting a flick on.

We were warned about Reid by Bradford fans. Quick and can dribble past people all day long, but absolutely no end product. Can't shoot, can't cross.

Besides that, as a winger/striker he's great.

Nick

Administrator
Obviously because I PAY for full whack for what I get.
Find a decent method to solve their problem
It Isn't mine.
What happened? Did they try to check your ticket? Just trying to work out what happened.

oucho

Obviously because I PAY for full whack for what I get.
Find a decent method to solve their problem
It Isn't mine.
You're not making a lot of sense - has your account been hacked by Donald Trump on the piss?

Nick

Administrator
Basically said that the SCG (of which he was a member, if I heard right representing the diamond club) was basically a place of intimidation where questioning our owners isn't allowed meaning that the only people who do is the trust representation and when he's done it in the past by the time he gets home he's been bombarded with emails from other people present at the SCG over daring to question the owners. They're basically not interested in fan opinion and anyone who dares to mention fan opinion gets intimidated. That's how I took it anyway.

Scg knobs should be sacked off too, in fact anybody who is there to be able to give it the big I am should be. They don't own a football club, they are a chairperson of a fans group. They have no power.

It's stupid. Grown men playing like 12 year olds with gangs and calling themselves leaders of so and so.

If it's about match day, it needs a person to represent each sector of fans, fans need to be able to contact their "rep" to get views across about matcheday etc.

torchomatic

That was shocking. And I'm talking about Venus's post match interview. The match was shit too.

Rodders1

Tudgay didn't have his best game today...... but felt there was no need for the cheers by the crowd as he was being substituted. Felt quite bad for him.

CJ_covblaze

I find it hard to disagree with a lot of Ray's comments. I should say though that there are good people on there. A revamp is needed ASAP. Especially with the new Football League rules.

Rodders1

Not going to help the player coming on either is it to see what happens.
It was aimed at both Tudgay and MV....... and sometimes the crowd just want to vent their anger. But it really changed the mood and momentum of city. Doesn't help one bit.

skybluepm2

That was shocking. And I'm talking about Venus's post match interview. The match was shit too.

What did that tosser have to say for himself this week Torchy? Repetitive run of the mill 'I still want the job/we were unlucky/tough league/I won't mention the referee' Crap?

lifeskyblue

Might not help but the crowd could see what the problem was from minute 1. Why did it take Venus as long as it did to also see it? Crowd were desperate for a win and couldn't see it coming with the centre forward we had.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
Note Nick once again criticising the actions of those who criticise the club (including players)
Note other people agreeing with me... That it didn't help, because it didn't and wouldn't have helped the team.

Yet again, oucho piping up about something he doesn't seem to know what he is talking about.

Are you going to mention anything to Otis who said he was embarrassed by it?

letsallsingtogether

I find it hard to disagree with a lot of Ray's comments. I should say though that there are good people on there. A revamp is needed ASAP. Especially with the new Football League rules.
They will ignore those rules or as usual make people who are on it and not in their camp uncomfortable.

As for not putting out all the minutes of the meeting this really needs addressing first.
Why take them if you are not going to print the bits you don't like.
As for Mr Strange he should go the bloke is an embarrassment to the fans he is supposed to represent.

Nick

Administrator
They will ignore those rules or as usual make people who are on it and not in their camp uncomfortable.

As for not putting out all the minutes of the meeting this really needs addressing first.
Why take them if you are not going to print the bits you don't like.
As for Mr Strange he should go the bloke is an embarrassment to the fans he is supposed to represent.
They should all go and have to justify their positions i think, and they should all act as rep to a group. Ie disabled fans, oaps, parent, young block 15 scally etc etc. Any fan should know who their rep is if they have match day issues.

Nobody should be using it as a willy wave, it should be people who actually want to make a difference, not use it to give it loads about a title that means nothing.

It's not a protest group, they are right. It's also not a "look at me I think I have a bit if power group because I get to be a chair" group either.

I don't know everybody on it, so I'll use the lady from jsbs as an example, it's people like her who it should be about.

Even people like italia who has said he would help sort things for disabled fans, as long as he gets a slap if he mentions wasps.

letsallsingtogether

Note other people agreeing with me... That it didn't help, because it didn't and wouldn't have helped the team.

Yet again, oucho piping up about something he doesn't seem to know what he is talking about.

I don't like players being booed but the supporters have the right, to do so.
If someone has a go at me for my work rate I go all out to prove them wrong not get slower or worse, we are allcritsised at some time, they are playing for our team after all we want the best.
Just been out for a takeaway and was listening to talk sport the first caller was a leicester fan asking for Ravinari to be sacked because they never beat a club that has just been promoted?
You couldn't make it up.

letsallsingtogether

They should all go and have to justify their positions i think, and they should all act as rep to a group. Ie disabled fans, oaps, parent, young block 15 scally etc etc. Any fan should know who their rep is if they have match day issues.

Nobody should be using it as a willy wave, it should be people who actually want to make a difference, not use it to give it loads about a title that means nothing.

It's not a protest group, they are right. It's also not a "look at me I think I have a bit if power group because I get to be a chair" group either.

I don't know everybody on it, so I'll use the lady from jsbs as an example, it's people like her who it should be about.

Even people like italia who has said he would help sort things for disabled fans, as long as he gets a slap if he mentions wasps.
There are rules out there about who should be on it.
Problem is that our SCG are trying to oust the group that the league say have to be on it.

Nick

Administrator
I don't like players being booed but the supporters have the right, to do so.
If someone has a go at me for my work rate I go all out to prove them wrong not get slower or worse, we are allcritsised at some time, they are playing for our team after all we want the best.
Just been out for a takeaway and was listening to talk sport the first caller was a leicester fan asking for Ravinari to be sacked because they never beat a club that has just been promoted?
You couldn't make it up.
Oh no, people will have a right. I'm not saying they should get thrown out for it.

I'm the first to come on here and say.somebody was shit but I.wouldn't boo them when they got taken off for it.

Yes you might go all out to prove them wrong, but then it might also affect the other players who then.hide because they don't want that.

Gazolba

I find that strange getting my ticket checked on the boarding gate and then again as you enter the plane, Why ? they never offer any further advice or anything ?
Because there are ways to get to the plane without going through the boarding gate.

letsallsingtogether

That is the problem can't see it getting much better.
We will get the odd win but if things dont change quickly we will get religated.
I am really gutted to say that thought this might be our season:(

Nick

Administrator
There are rules out there about who should be on it.
Problem is that our SCG are trying to oust the group that the league say have to be on it.
While I don't agree with the trust with a lot, of course they should have a rep on there.

I have no idea who the chairman is, as in away from that. I'd hazard a guess at jumper wearing and part of a local neighbour hood committee type.

Just think they should all have to justify their place. Not just to add to their collection of being on the board of something list to act powerful. When in reality it makes them look silly.

oucho

I do know whay I'm talking about - just because others agree doesn't mean my observation is invalid. You criticised the booing of a player roundly who was agreed to have not only played awfully but also has been useless for ages. I do not boo generslly but I'd never criticise those that do...almost as if its the fans' fault sonehow. That's how it comes across anyhow.

Nick

Administrator
I do know whay I'm talking about - just because others agree doesn't mean my observation is invalid. You criticised the booing of a player roundly who was agreed to have not only played awfully but also has been useless for ages. I do not boo generslly but I'd never criticise those that do...almost as if its the fans' fault sonehow. That's how it comes across anyhow.

Ah so by criticising it's me saying it wouldn't help the player coming on. Very sensitive isn't it? I'd suggest the internet might not be for you.

You didn't seem to pick up on others mentioning it?

Users who are viewing this thread