Match Thread Coventry v MK Dons Match Thread - Saturday 26th Nov (7 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
I have no reason why we signed him. Felt sorry for him when he came on today.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
He had no chance of single handedly doing anything. Would have had to be long range or a solo goal.

Nick

Administrator
It's not just about the starting formation. The derivatives of 4-5-1 are fine if 2 of the midfielders are instructed to get into the box as much as possible.
Or the other winger at least, if reid has it Jones should make a run in back post.

If reid had for Jones ball he would have had a tap in.

SkyBlue_Bear83

It's not a red imo but as soon as he went in, I thought he could be sent off here. It was studs showing and late and that's what the ref has seen. I think quite a few refs would sent him off, imo there are far too cheap reds given out now and this is just another one, 5 years ago he would have got away with a yellow.

The face on sliding tackle is a thing of the past now, far too many card happy refs makes it too risky. The physics of it make it hard to not go in studs first and refs are all too happy to send players off for such tackles, if you want to slide tackle you have to come across from an angle that is not face on and slide across so you make contact with the inside side foot, any other way and you risk a red card.

stupot07

It's not just about the starting formation. The derivatives of 4-5-1 are fine if 2 of the midfielders are instructed to get into the box as much as possible.
I agree, but rose aside we don't have midfielders/wingers who like to get in tbr box. We were the same last season, reliant on Armstrong and Murphy creating and scoring goals for themselves out of nothing. That's why we need to go back to the drawing board and decide how we want to play football and score goals. We don't have thr players to score goals out of nothing like Armstrong and Murphy on a regular basis, so we need to find away of scoring 'team' goals. That means getting players in the box, getting runners running behind the striker and getting quality balls into the box. The more bodies you can get in, the mode chance you have of getting on the end of something. We seem to have sacrificed for being too scared of being hit on the break for the whole of mowbrays tenure and a good chunk of pressleys.

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
Rose didn't do it too much today, maybe it's been trained out of him.

Remember when he played right wing back, he would be in far post for everything.

oucho

So, if not Bigi, who should have been MoM today?

oucho

Does anyone agree with me that if the situation merits it, the MoM award should be withheld on the basis that no one player deserves to win it?

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Does anyone agree with me that if the situation merits it, the MoM award should be withheld on the basis that no one player deserves to win it?

But isn't it part of the sponsors package they present and meet a MOTM?

I do agree though.
Maybe shouldn't be announced when we're heading for defeat.

Last year Joe Cole seemed to win it every week obviously the sponsors wanted to meet him!

Nick

Administrator
But isn't it part of the sponsors package they present and meet a MOTM?

I do agree though.
Maybe shouldn't be announced when we're heading for defeat.

Last year Joe Cole seemed to win it every week obviously the sponsors wanted to meet him!
Maybe they were hammering the bar all game so didn't see?

Terry Gibson's perm

Yep a bad performance they shouldn't name one it's like saying you were the best of a bad bunch.

ccfcway

Unless there is an option to sign him in January the whole thing is pointless.

No idea as to what the thinking was, past doing someone a favour.

he's a better option than Tudgay. For me, it was signing Tudgay and Ricketts which was pointless

Pipehitterz

Fyi
The motm award is given by a bunch of pissed up dudes that have paid 500 quid to sponsor the ball.
I did it once, we lost at home to grimsby , everyone to a man played shit so we gave it to Marcus hall just because we knew him personally just so he'd have a bottle of champagne to drink that night.
I wouldn't Read anything into the award ever when it's given this way

stupot07

Burge lol?
Flabbergasted. 2 shots 2 goals. was miles Away from the first one that looked easier to save
Kicked like a complete tool all game.
When was he in the running for motm?
Could do nothing about either goal, yes kicking was awful. Claimed a lot of crosses. Its says more about the 10 outfield players than about Burge being superb.

oucho

Could do nothing about either goal, yes kicking was awful. Claimed a lot of crosses. Its says more about the 10 outfield players than about Burge being superb.

On the replay it looked like he ought to have done better with their first goal although, granted, that may just be the camera angle.

clint van damme

been upto my neck in work and had to give ST away today.
I know only the score and the sending off - how bad was it?

Otis

he's a better option than Tudgay. For me, it was signing Tudgay and Ricketts which was pointless
Yeah, but we seemingly brought him in with no intention of playing him at all for a number of months (as has been proved to be the case).

If he wasn't ready for first team football and we've only got him til January, you have to ask, what's the point!

Otis

I thought Burge could have done better with the first one.

He also seems to have caught RCC disease.

A number of times he threw the ball out to players who were already being closed down and it could have been problematic.

Pipehitterz

I thought he could have done better with the first one.

He also seems to have caught RCC disease.

A number of times he threw the ball out to players who were already being closed down and it could have been problematic.

he didnt have a fucking clue what to do with the ball today, he was dreadful

Otis

been upto my neck in work and had to give ST away today.
I know only the score and the sending off - how bad was it?
Hard to say.

On the one hand, we dominated possession and did all the pressing and MK were very poor.

On the other, although we created a number of very good opportunities we never looked likely to score and it took a wonder goal for us to find the net.

Defence was all over the place again and most certainly gifted the second goal.

We passed it well and looked pretty good .....until we got near the penalty box. There, our decision making was all wrong and we fluffed any chances that came our way and their keeper was merely a passenger and all but idle all game.

Nick

Administrator
Just watching match of the day, when swamsea brought their striker on you can see how the wingers played of him

georgehudson

Of course referee Andrew Davies, (small man attitude), could have a rethink & say that he was harsh,
BUT HE WON'T, he'll be far too busy telling everyone how wonderful he is.
The answer, Mr Davies, is you are not wonderful, the blatant elbow in Ben Stevenson's back, or the forearm smash into Reid, have these instances passed you by ?
Fucking useless piece of shit, ah well, never mind Mr Linnell thought you had a good game

georgehudson

If the Stevenson challenge was a red card, which personally i would question, then so were the premeditated, reckless, and deliberate elbow & forearm smash on Stevenson & Reid respectively.
As such, if Mr A.Davies believed in fair play, which I doubt, he would review all of these instances and own up to the fact that he may have made mistakes.
In the coming days we'll see what sort, he is.

georgehudson

Precisely, SF, as a point of reference, I watched a fair bit of football today & saw 8 tackles in various games that were just like Stevenson's, & only 2 yellow cards were shown,
Andrew Davies, Hampshires worst, you XXXXXXX XXXX

Nick

Administrator
Precisely, SF, as a point of reference, I watched a fair bit of football today & saw 8 tackles in various games that were just like Stevenson's, & only 2 yellow cards were shown,
Andrew Davies, Hampshires worst, you XXXXXXX XXXX

You are in a loving mood with those kisses?

Users who are viewing this thread