Match Thread Coventry v Oxford Utd Match Thread - Tuesday 18th Oct (2 Viewers)

Otis

Discuss the Coventry v Oxford Utd match, tactics and predictions :)
I see they beat Bradford yesterday, who were until then unbeaten and probably the best team in the league.

Doesn't bode well. Our confidence must be very low. Would be very, very happy with a draw, but being 4 points adrift of safety, a draw won't do us much good at all I would have thought.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Why do I keep seeing fans say 'I'd be happy for a draw' we need wins for fuck sake. WINS. We are already 4 points adrift of safety.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I totally agree. I hate drawn games! It's TWO POINTS DROPPED FFS!! Bugger draws! Go for a win every time and stop pussy-footing around looking for a single point!

Otis

Why do I keep seeing fans say 'I'd be happy for a draw' we need wins for fuck sake. WINS. We are already 4 points adrift of safety.

Be happy with a draw because we have won just one game in twelve matches.

That points to the likelihood of draw at best, or defeat.

Therefore a point would be okay.

We do NEED to win, but have just one win in twelve.

I am therefore happy with a draw.

Great_Expectations

It's going to be a tough evening, for both players and fans. I predict 6,000 of us will be there in the dark and cold.

We need players that have heart and a desire to win, players that will show commitment and passion despite how poor things might be going.

I would base my team selection on fight and determination alone. The issue is I can only think of a handful of players who have either.

Last edited:

oucho

Be happy with a draw because we have won just one game in twelve matches.

That points to the likelihood of draw at best, or defeat.

Therefore a point would be okay.

We do NEED to win, but have just one win in twelve.

I am therefore happy with a draw.
Surely as you rightly recognize we need a win, for the first time at home in the league this season, you ought not be happy with a draw. If we don't win it really will be panic stations.

Warwickhunt

I think we are in a grim place with the players not knowing what the future holds, it will take some doing to get them motivated if you aski me.

Otis

Surely as you rightly recognize we need a win, for the first time at home in the league this season, you ought not be happy with a draw. If we don't win it really will be panic stations.
We lose on Tuesday, then you tell me you wouldn't have been happy with a draw. ;)

oucho

Time to put back to back wins together this coming Tuesday and sat

I think if we don't win either game I will have to accept that we're in a season-long relegation battle. Somehow a midweek game against Oxford followed by Rochdale at home, on top of the other winnable home games we have had this season, are games that any competitive team in this league ought to win. For now I do feel like we are still in touch and if we find our feet under Venus then we can start to march up the table but if we don't win the next two games it won't look like that; it'll look like a battle for survival.

mrtrench

I'll be happy to lose by fewer than 2 goals. We need the 3 points but if we can just keep the goal difference down it will help at the end of the season.

oucho

I'll be happy to lose by fewer than 2 goals. We need the 3 points but if we can just keep the goal difference down it will help at the end of the season.
Sorry but that is exactly what people mean when they talk of expectations have been lowered and the confidence of the fans reduced. We've got home games v Oxford and Rochdale, even last year anything less than 6 points would have bern a disappointment.

lifeskyblue

Must win. Defence need to get tougher. I would start with Reid and jones to give sordell opportunities around the box...he was isolated for much of yesterday. They would also at least try and play forward...yesterday too often we got to final third, ran out of ideas and played back and back and back again.
2-0 city.

Gazolba

Hoping for a much needed win but predicting a draw. If we don't win at least one of the next two games, I think we are a virtual certainty to be relegated.

oucho

Hoping for a much needed win but predicting a draw. If we don't win at least one of the next two games, I think we are a virtual certainty to be relegated.
I 'liked' that but you are 100 percent right.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Time to put back to back wins together this coming Tuesday and sat
So Mystic Meg , if we don't have back to back wins will you stick to your perdition of a top six Finnish ? :meh:

covcity4life

So Mystic Meg , if we don't have back to back wins will you stick to your perdition of a top six Finnish ? :meh:

Never predicted top 6

Said I thought we still be in playoff contention come closing stages of season

Lose um both and yeh it won't be looking good for me!

2 wins tho and....

Users who are viewing this thread