Doug King Takeover (4 Viewers)

The Philosopher

Why doesn't Ashley simply sell his 17 million purchase to King for 25 million and walk away.
8 million for not much work.
I think MA is genuinely thinking of putting distribution warehouses up here (bang in the middle of the country by the M1/M6) and will be getting more than £8m in opportunities such as cheap land deals. Plus, if the Council were thinking of giving Wasps another £30m then what might MA get when the chips are down?

GIMOC

I’ve known Hatty for 20 years, he’s one of the biggest wind up merchants I’ve ever met and you’re all biting!
He’s been asking me to send him the screenshots from here 😂

i know Hatty too. one massive wind up merchant but his hatred for sisu is real

Nuskyblue

How the hell did a surveyor/agent value the arena in 2021 for 52 million and today it sells for 17. At the market value according to the judge

Surely someone needs to be investigated for this
The value of anything is what someone will pay ultimately.

If you think about it, when does an arena complex come up for sale without it being financially distressed? A few years ago would anyone really think you'd be able to pick it up for under 20m? I doubt it.

If we owned it and we were put up for sale you could maybe attribute that value to it? There is also a lot of land there also which I guess could be utilitiesed you'd imagine?

Also it's apparently falling to bits so also that.

Nuskyblue

This idea that Ashley needs to buy the stadium to sway council opinion on planning permission for a major economic development elsewhere in, in the current economic environment, is just nonsense.

He's bought the stadium because he wanted to buy the stadium.
To what end tho, is that going to be his Midland nerve Centre? it is certainly ideally placed logistically.

thekidfromstrettoncamp

Kind of rude to a new member no? The sale re-invigorated my hope for the club and I came here hoping for a welcoming community. I hope this initial reception is the outlier! I'm not sure why SkyBluesForever20+1 is trying to mimick me? It's flattering in a way!!!
If no one has could I be the first to welcome you.See youv'e been on the forum 1day if have not been sworn at, been told it is time you went to bed (school in the morning) or you know f..k all about football your doing well. Hope you enjoy your time posting.Enjoy Otis funny quotes OSB58s financial knowledge and don't upset Gredel most people do .Alway keep your tin hat with you.and look out for superior fans put them on ignore.

Brighton Sky Blue

I think Ashley wants the club. That’s the real end game I suspect

Key here is that King hasn't officially taken charge or had the shares transferred, and he won't until the EFL approves. So there is time for him to have a sudden 'change of heart'

Users who are viewing this thread