Doug King Takeover (7 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
As long as it takes them to snort cocaine off a dwarf, engage in carnal delights with a lady of the night, and finish their Sainsbury's Club Sandwich, I'd reckon.

Is the hooker the dwarf being snorted off?

Asking for a friend.

olderskyblue

As long as it takes them to snort cocaine off a dwarf, engage in carnal delights with a lady of the night, and finish their Sainsbury's Club Sandwich, I'd reckon.
Ah, the good old days… 🤣

Telfer85

I think we all just need to sit back and take stock a bit. A lot has happened over 48 hours but that doesn’t mean whatever happens next has to happen over the next 24 hours, weeks or months.

Ashley now owns the cbs fact. That doesn’t mean he automatically wants the club same as it doesn’t rule out that he might want it further down the line. I don’t believe he’s going to make life hell for the club by putting up rent or any other shenanigans. As it stands at the moment if the club is successful he will be successful and it will drive more business into the area. So it would work for him to have a good relationship with ccfc and work together positively for mutual benefit.

King - yes timing is suspicious I agree however just because he hasn’t said he’s gonna spend x, y and z in jan or spoke to robins etc doesn’t mean he’s some crazy loon or Sisu stooge that it’s all some kind of front. One I imagine he’s waiting for efl approval before making any promises he can’t keep and two clearly due to there being a very important court case of course his main focus over the last 48 would have been the stadium. He has clearly said he would continue with the purchase without the stadium so you’ve got to just take him at his word until anything changes. If he pulls out then people will know it was never serious. If he continues with the purchase then clearly he will have a plan on how he is going to be successful.

Hopefully we’ll see more investment in the playing side than we’ve seen over the last few years an attempt at promotion. But we don’t have to spend millions and millions. We can all see the team is playing well and with just a little bit of more depth and quality we have a great shout of playoffs or better.

I think we’ve had so much shit over the years and understandably we are suspicious over people’s motives and ambitions when it comes to this club. However we can’t control anything so we’ve just gotta sit back and see how it all plays out.

Anyone able to summarise the last 24hrs and why there is so much scepticism about big Doug? All seems really positive to me but maybe I've missed something?
I was really excited but then I heard him say this. Why mention that it's clean? That's raised my eyebrows.

“The deal is done,” he said. “As long as I am approved, the deal is done. It’s clean"

Skyblue_CP

The thing is, with the club having potentially been bought by a new owner etc, there hasn’t been much communication with supporters through official channels about ambitions etc. It’s all been very, Sky sports snippets and CWR. It still doesn’t feel like a serious take over. How do you take over a football club and haven’t even spoken to the football clubs manager?

the rumpo kid

Has anyone interviewed Mike Ashley and asked him directly , why he bought the stadium ? And if he wants to buy the club ? I've heard nothing.

Samo

The thing is, with the club having potentially been bought by a new owner etc, there hasn’t been much communication with supporters through official channels about ambitions etc. It’s all been very, Sky sports snippets and CWR. It still doesn’t feel like a serious take over. How do you take over a football club and haven’t even spoken to the football clubs manager?

I think that's to do with timing though. If not for the court case yesterday, they probably would have delayed announcing him as the new owner until after EFL approval, at which time he will be free to say a lot more. No point until then Really.

CovLis86

Never known a place where every word and phrasing be so scrutinised. If you were asked a question on the spot after a stressful / eventful 48 hours and shoved infront of a camera, are you going to be able to communicate every word exactly as you intend? I've done presentations in a professional capacity for years, and guess what, I stumbled over my words on one I did this week. Thankfully, I wasn't called a fraud and didn't know what I was talking about and clearly up to no good because of it.

Why doesn't everyone just have a breather, take a step back, look forward to the weekend (albeit without a Coventry game to enjoy) and wait and see what happens.

oscillatewildly

Sorry if this has been covered already, haven’t been able to keep up with all of the thread. A friend has just told me this guy was born in Lowestoft and is a Norwich fan. If so would cheese me off, as I have a number of Norwich City fan friends, and I can‘t forgive them for Maddison and Sam.
Or Craig Bellend. Then again, hooray for David Cross and er, Greg Downs.

Happy_Martian

Keep it going, folks.

Almost at 2500 posts. We're on course to have 2 10K post threads within a week 😂 :geek:😂. Both filled with hypotheses, conspiracies and a lot of guesswork.

@Nick , will this be the first time of this phenomenon on this forum ? And shouldn't these be in the Ricoh/SiSu sub-forum as they're not about the footballing side of the club ?

Nick

Administrator

Im not sure many do though, do they?

All of the stuff before the court stuff was clearly to try and get the Ashley deal to fall through.

IF he is staying about as he says then he really needs to get FL approval and then get to Ryton and then to those fan meetings.

Samo

Keep it going, folks.

Almost at 2500 posts. We're on course to have 2 10K post threads within a week 😂 :geek:😂. Both filled with hypotheses, conspiracies and a lot of guesswork.

@Nick , will this be the first time of this phenomenon on this forum ? And shouldn't these be in the Ricoh/SiSu sub-forum as they're not about the footballing side of the club ?

Here come the grown-ups! :rolleyes:

shmmeee

Yeah, that's the thing. As @skybluetony176 says, if the 'takeover' would've happened much more earlier than 24hrs before the Arena purchase deadline, he would have more credence.

He would've known the deadlines - why leave it to the last minute with a lesser chance of success??

Pure conjecture here, but he mentioned the whole process taking a couple of weeks, which takes you back to Nov 1st when Ashley got exclusivity.

It could be that was the trigger for Joy to sell, or at least look for a different investor as the likelihood of getting the arena shrank dramatically.

If that’s the case, he would have had no way to bid before exclusivity and the deadline moves to the court date to get the deal done.

As I say, not based on much but seems a plausible timeline.

slowpoke

There’s one good thing looks to me like sisu & Joy could be on their way out, if Doug King is for real they are down to 15% 👍at least that’s a start. Hopefully there is light at the end of a very long tunnel, a few months ago you couldn’t even see the tunnel.🎄

shmmeee

@Nick what the fuck have you done to the site???

Anyway hadn’t seen this interview with Doug, interviewer replied to me saying he’d asked about backing Robins not sure if this is it or if there’s more:

Greggs

Anyway hadn’t seen this interview with Doug, interviewer replied to me saying he’d asked about backing Robins not sure if this is it or if there’s more:

You can here the panic in his tone, his voice nearly breaks a few times during the 'script'. I don't trust this man.

skybluetony176

Local business man from… err… err… Lowestoft? I’ve lived in Coventry and Warwickshire my whole life can’t say I’ve heard of a local place called Lowestoft.

MalcSB

You can here the panic in his tone, his voice nearly breaks a few times during the 'script'. I don't trust this man.
I wonder how much media work he has done before - it’s not easy. I didn’t see any problems with what he said, or the way he delivered it. Give the guy a break and the benefit of the doubt. We all wanted Sisu to sell, which on the face of it they have done, and still we aren’t satisfied. Who were we hoping for, Jeff Bezos or Elon Musk?

Greggs

I wonder how much media work he has done before - it’s not easy. I didn’t see any problems with what he said, or the way he delivered it. Give the guy a break and the benefit of the doubt. We all wanted Sisu to sell, which on the face of it they have done, and still we aren’t satisfied. Who were we hoping for, Jeff Bezos or Elon Musk?
Sisu have sold to Sisu, at least Joy knew to keep her nose out of the playing side, i get the impression this guy is gong to be far too involved.

Users who are viewing this thread