Euro Hooligans (1 Viewer)

CJ_covblaze

That politician wasn't only an MP. He is also one of the leaders of the RFU. Yes the same RFU that are not only in charge of the Russian team but the also the organisation responsible for games at the next Confederations Cup, World Cup and Euros! Then you've got the Sports Minister that was cheering on the thugs that were attacking our fans in the ground.

Could you imagine the front pages if Greg Dyke or John Whittingdale did that?!

Last edited:

chiefdave

There has to be something seriously wrong with a sober bloke who goes out with gumshields, mma gloves & weapons looking for random trouble.

Saw some retweets of people 'packing' for the Euros. Displaying their shirt (mostly Turkey), tickets and knives. One even had a meat cleaver!

Otis

Can you imagine the missus's packing the suitcases.

'Suntan lotion, check, sunglasses, spare parts, trunks, check, vitamin tablets, toothbrush and toothpaste, check, knuckleduster, pepper spray, Samari sword, flick knife, balaclava, Lucille, check.'

bringbackrattles

'Suntan lotion, check, sunglasses, spare parts, trunks, check, vitamin tablets, toothbrush and toothpaste, check, knuckleduster, pepper spray, Samari sword, flick knife, balaclava, Lucille, check.'
Sounds like my ex Otis packing for a day trip to Skeggy !

tisza

you're more of a natural thug than me Otis - I had to google what a lucille was!!!

CJ_covblaze

I clean your grandparents windows down Walsgrave and they told me you were going. Pleased you got back safely. Watch out for those Russians though ! All the best anyway.

Thanks mate! You do a good job!

tisza

FFS taking that to a fight doesn't make someone a hardman it makes them a gutless headcase!!

Nick

Administrator
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/chilling-gopro-footage-shot-russian-8184862

Fucking awful, for people who train in fighting they probably don't need to go 5 or 6 on 1, attacking from behind and stamping on heads. That bit where it shows the bloke in green and white standing there, then run in while the bloke is spark out on the floor.

What happened to going 1 on 1 like the gypsys do?

I bet the police and FIFA are sitting and waiting for some sort of revenge attacks or something.

chiefdave

When you see something like that video how can Russia not be banned let alone hosting the next World Cup. If 200 trained England fans turned up and behaved like that we'd be out straight away.
With them being trained, how easily they seemed to have bypassed police and the praise they've been getting from Russian officials it makes you wonder if there's more to it.

Terry Gibson's perm

Saw some retweets of people 'packing' for the Euros. Displaying their shirt (mostly Turkey), tickets and knives. One even had a meat cleaver!

Let's hope they get knocked out in the group stages so they can't cause too much damage the same goes for Russia.

JohnWH

I don't mean to sound flippant or ideal, but it seems pretty obvious to me that individuals could be identified through facial recognition software based on passport photos, etc. Anyone able to shine any light on what resources are available during these types of investigation to identify offenders in these types of situations? Is it too hard to figure out who actually POSTED video on the Internet just to get an investigation started?

ccfc92

I don't mean to sound flippant or ideal, but it seems pretty obvious to me that individuals could be identified through facial recognition software based on passport photos, etc. Anyone able to shine any light on what resources are available during these types of investigation to identify offenders in these types of situations? Is it too hard to figure out who actually POSTED video on the Internet just to get an investigation started?

Well surely they can zoom in on that picture, as see the booking details etc, then when the tickets scanned, can be flagged up or something?

Jesus Christ, if you or me put something up like that, armed response would be outside within minutes.

It's just unbelievable, I know England fans aren't saints, but other country's fans are taking the piss, and England are getting the blame!

ccfc92

An a side note, was there any trouble in Coventry Saturday night?

Not sure on how many Russians are in Cov but I'm sure there's a few?

Otis

An a side note, was there any trouble in Coventry Saturday night?

Not sure on how many Russians are in Cov but I'm sure there's a few?
There are.

I think it is only in the hundreds though.

Loads more Latvians and Lithuanians and then a few Georgians and Moldovans etc., but on the whole they do not like Russians at all (all stemming back to the USSR era where they were all forced to learn and speak Russian) and would probably back whoever Russia were playing.

no_loyalty

There is going to be more trouble with the Russian hooligans attacking the English fans, they are only 40 minutes away from Lens

Liquid Gold

I can't understand how Russia can be expected to host a successful World Cup after this. People are going to die or at the bey least be seriously injured if it goes ahead. I've read that the vast majority of those that travelled to France are wealthier more middle class. Can you imagine the trouble when every signee racist, homophobic scumbag can have a go at traveling fans.

I hope they play Ukraine and there is a war, get them kicked out.

Otis

Well surely they can zoom in on that picture, as see the booking details etc, then when the tickets scanned, can be flagged up or something?

Jesus Christ, if you or me put something up like that, armed response would be outside within minutes.

It's just unbelievable, I know England fans aren't saints, but other country's fans are taking the piss, and England are getting the blame!
What worries me is, that if these Russian/Turkish/French hooligans are smart they could simply go out and buy England shirts and then make it look like it is England fans causing the trouble.

tisza

What worries me is, that if these Russian/Turkish/French hooligans are smart they could simply go out and buy England shirts and then make it look like it is England fans causing the trouble.
i thought the french police had already said some Russian fans had done that already. there was pictures in one of the papers of blokes in England shirts alongside these "men in black" supposedly attacking England fans in Marseille.

Nick

Administrator
They already are :(

tisza

Certain papers do love this story.
Reports in one this morning of these Russians taking meth before they start fighting to make them more aggressive!!

ccfc92

Thing is, there's no guarantee these Russian hooligans will leave when Russia exit the competition.

CJ_covblaze

There is going to be more trouble with the Russian hooligans attacking the English fans, they are only 40 minutes away from Lens

And to think, 250,000 Brits have been told to go to Lille if they don't have tickets. The two Cities could look like Mosul and Baghdad by Friday.

SBAndy

Off over there today, and meant to be going to Russia v Slovakia tomorrow. I'd still like to go but I'll probably make a judgement call depending on what the atmosphere's like in Lille when I get there later.

On the Turkish thing, I take that with a pinch of salt. They wheel out photos of them with blades quite often when they play British sides in Europe, but there's never any trouble (Leeds in 2001 aside, obviously). Was one particular occasion where Fenerbahce were playing Celtic, and Celtic fans were taking the piss out of their photos with knives on Twitter. Their fans seemed to be in jovial spirits when playing Croatia the other day.

Otis

They already are :(

i thought the french police had already said some Russian fans had done that already. there was pictures in one of the papers of blokes in England shirts alongside these "men in black" supposedly attacking England fans in Marseille.
Didn't know that. Only seen Russian mugs with English flags they had captured.

jimmyhillsfanclub

French police have stopped "up to 50 suspected ultras" from, travelling to Lille according to the telegraph website....

...but according to other sources, these are not ultras whatsoever....they are travelling by coach & have some women on board......sounds about as "ultra" as my nan....
It wouldn't surprise me if this is the French authorities picking up easy russian arrests to make themselves look less incompetent.

jimmyhillsfanclub

One of my best mates lives in Lille, right in the centre of town.

He witnessed the Germany Ukraine violence which he reckons was 99% the fault of an East Germany Nazi gang.....they've posted their pre-tear up photos on twitter......about 40 of them....all pumped up on protein shakes & steroids doing the Nazi salute.......jesus wept...

bringbackrattles

These Eastern Europeans are well into getting big and love powerlifting etc. Where I live in Bell Green a fair few Poles and Russians are huge and bulk up on steroids, and on Saturday night down the Three Horse Shoes on Foleshill Road after the game a doorman turned up as it can get lively in there. He was a Pole and massive and I was told not to be messed with as he was one of a group of them and loved trouble.

smileycov

Facebook User
About time UEFA stood up to them, they could be out by Friday morning after Lille

chiefdave

The technology certainly exists. I know Leicester police tested it out at Download Festival last year. Not sure its a matter of them not being able to identify them. Reports say they got the train, not that hard to have police at the train station and arrest them. Look at the operation for the Millwall fans here yet these Russian hooligans went unchallenged.

Users who are viewing this thread