They’ve booted all the fans out for FP2 ha ha

SkyBlueSoul

21d770942e0e0efbb5c3cc7176078814.jpg

Saddlebrains

I hope this shitfest carries on going wrong tbh

It epitomises all that has gone wrong with Formula one in the last 10 years

Paul Anthony

Sainz 10-pace grid drop confirmed :rolleyes:

Apparently the Stewards had to give it, because there is no remit in the regulations to allow them to show discretion. How absurd is that? So, anything that happens resulting in needing to change components to new ones outside of the allocated number, it has to be a penalty.

I'd be amazed if there's not an adjustment to that in the future.

Last edited:

wingy

No description available.

Sainz's car got fucked up. Chassis, engine and battery all damaged and he'll miss second practice. You can see from the onboard how much force it hit the car with. Second practice delayed while they try and fix it but due to start at 2am local time. Shambles.

LOoKs ePiC THoUgh.
Penalised as well?

Saddlebrains

Dont want to curse it...

But surely Leclerc goes on to win? Max just doesnt look hooked up this weekend, been consistently 2 or 3 tenths a lap off Charles

SkyBlueSoul

You'd hope so for his mental state, would be 5 poles without a win this season if he doesn't. Sainz getting the grid drop also takes his closest rival out of it so if it's a clean race he should have it in the bag.

SkyBlueSoul

Just seen this on the Athletic about FP1+2, disgusting if true. Especially if the $900 ticket prices are accurate.

Refunds were not offered, no apology was given. On Friday night, fans were given the option to use a $200 voucher for the LVGP online merchandise store – but only those who bought single-day tickets.

Paul Anthony

Just seen this on the Athletic about FP1+2, disgusting if true. Especially if the $900 ticket prices are accurate.

Refunds were not offered, no apology was given. On Friday night, fans were given the option to use a $200 voucher for the LVGP online merchandise store – but only those who bought single-day tickets.

It's a typical F1 solution to a problem. Like that race in Spa, where they desperately held out to do just enough laps so they could declare a race result, which meant all those ticket holders sat in the pissing rain couldn't get a refund. I swear, no other sport in the world manages to shoot itself in the foot more than F1.

Last edited:

SkyBlueSoul

Fuck. My. Life. On par with yesterday, got up early to watch Verstappen take the lead into turn one and Lando crash out on lap 4.

Figured people will probably catch up later.

SkyBlueSoul

Yeah fair point! Honestly debated jacking it in as soon as I saw his car in the wall but have stuck it out, Piastri's doing a good job so far. I want to see if Leclerc can hold on as well.

SkyBlueSoul

I was excited for a couple of seconds when I saw all the debris. Starting to look ominous atm though...

Saddlebrains

Max is just on another planet isnt he

Think peoople need to start putting him in with the likes of Schumacher, Hamilton, Senna

SkyBlueSoul

Well played by Leclerc at the end there. Perez is a driver not a racer I swear.

Not a good day in the constructors for McLaren.

SkyBlueSoul

I forgot what it was like getting up for an early race. I have been up for NINE HOURS and there is still SO MUCH of the day left.

Paul Anthony

Honestly cannot wait for this shitfest of a season to be over. Although let's face it, nobody's closing down that kind of an advantage and staying within the cost cap. It just isn't possible. I can see it being quite a while before I'm fully engrossed in this sport again.

I've not sat and watched a full race now since Singapore, and then you'd have to go back to Silverstone before that. It's funny, I sat through the dullest years of the Michael's domination, sat through the first Red Bull era, the Mercedes years. But this one has just felt like a bridge too far, mostly because I can't stand Horner, Marko and their team in general. My personal opinion is there couldn't be a worse team dominating the sport.

Saddlebrains

Honestly cannot wait for this shitfest of a season to be over. Although let's face it, nobody's closing down that kind of an advantage and staying within the cost cap. It just isn't possible. I can see it being quite a while before I'm fully engrossed in this sport again.

I've not sat and watched a full race now since Singapore, and then you'd have to go back to Silverstone before that. It's funny, I sat through the dullest years of the Michael's domination, sat through the first Red Bull era, the Mercedes years. But this one has just felt like a bridge too far, mostly because I can't stand Horner, Marko and their team in general. My personal opinion is there couldn't be a worse team dominating the sport.

Sad to read this as you are clearly a big F1 fan and very knowledgable

But i fully understand where you are coming from. I've been the same and I've loved the sport since i was a little kid in 94/95

Im holding out hope, that over the Winter one of Ferrari or Mclaren make another big step like they have the tail end of the season. If they do, we could have a real fight

Lets see

Paul Anthony

Sad to read this as you are clearly a big F1 fan and very knowledgable

But i fully understand where you are coming from. I've been the same and I've loved the sport since i was a little kid in 94/95

Im holding out hope, that over the Winter one of Ferrari or Mclaren make another big step like they have the tail end of the season. If they do, we could have a real fight

Lets see

Nothing would make me happier than to see McLaren turn up with a proper, race winning car, except City winning the league. It's been tough, supporting City AND McLaren over the years! 😂

tisza

Pretty much the same. I think I've watched the same races plus the Hungarian - couldn't be bothered to go this year.
For all the years of the various " dominations" this is by far the worst. Take out Red Bull and it could have been an amazing season with Mercedes, Ferrari, McLaren and Aston Martin competitive for much of the season but that would defeat the object of F1 being the pinnacle of motorsports / engineering excellence.
For all the forced hype of broadcasters global viewer numbers per race continues to fall - they ignore the fact there's more races when they go on about increased viewing etc.

SkyBlueSoul

Same for me. I've hardly watched any races live, just stuck to the highlights. I've only watched the last 3 because I got talking to a massive F1 fan at a party the same weekend as Mexico and, along with the interesting quali, it got my juices flowing again. Plus like Tisza said, the battle behind them has actually become very exciting.

For me the other periods of domination at least had some extra bite, this just feels sanitised. Vettel v Webber, multi 21 etc during the first Red Bull years; Hamilton and Rosberg driving into each other whenever they could, Hamilton v Vettel etc during the Mercedes years. Now Verstappen drives off into the distance, Checo sees if he can get 2nd and they all shake hands. Big whoop.

I'll also admit I didn't mind Hamilton winning because he's British and used to drive for McLaren. Verstappen and Red Bull do absolutely nothing for me.

Last edited:

SkyBlueSoul

That being said I played F1 2017 last night and I'm very tempted to get F1 23 so I have a more up to date version to bounce off when I feel like it. It was wild going back to a time of no halos, drivers like Wehrlein and Palmer, and McLaren in the midst of being a steaming hot pile of shit. Luckily I've got a mate who can get it for free through work.

Last edited:

NorthernWisdom

That being said I played F1 2017 last night and I'm very tempted to get F1 23 so I have a more up to date version to bounce off when I feel like it. It was wild going back to a time of no halos, drivers like Wehrlein and Palmer, and McLaren in the midst of being a steaming hot pile of shit. Luckily I've got a mate who can get it for free though work.
Why do you want a steaming hot pile of shit for free?

Paul Anthony

Why do you want a steaming hot pile of shit for free?

The games really aren't great now EA have gotten their paws on them. It's basically FIFA for cars now. Online is a mess (so I'm told, I never play them online. I value the little sanity I have left, and I get angry far too easy when I'm gaming! ) career has had absolutely bugger all for two or three years now, but hey at least you can unlock some really awful looking liveries, helmets and podium emotes with the Podium Pass. If you're inclined to pay for the VIP tier, of course

Still, at least the cars are drivable, unlike on 22, which was the most god awful, slidy, oversteering crapfest of a handling model I've ever played on an F1 game.

SkyBlueSoul

The fact my most up to date games are F1 2017 and FIFA 18 are a measure of how casual a gamer I am lol if it weren't free I wouldn't be considering it, but the fact everyone is saying how well it handles when using a controller and having the most recent teams/drivers probably seals the deal.

On second thought if he gets me EA FC as well then I'm set for the next 5 years.

NorthernWisdom

The games really aren't great now EA have gotten their paws on them. It's basically FIFA for cars now. Online is a mess (so I'm told, I never play them online. I value the little sanity I have left, and I get angry far too easy when I'm gaming! ) career has had absolutely bugger all for two or three years now, but hey at least you can unlock some really awful looking liveries, helmets and podium emotes with the Podium Pass. If you're inclined to pay for the VIP tier, of course

Still, at least the cars are drivable, unlike on 22, which was the most god awful, slidy, oversteering crapfest of a handling model I've ever played on an F1 game.
tbf, it was more a play on his last sentence than a commentary on the game!

SkyBlueSoul

Shame for Norris there, just lost it towards the end. Should have been on the front row. Good quali for Piastri though.

Users who are viewing this thread