F1 2023 (1 Viewer)

Paul Anthony

Not quite sure what to expect today, FIA setting a maximum tyre stint length of 18 laps due to serious safety concerns, means it'll have to be a three stopper (possibly even more for some drivers) or get disqualified... Could be a borefest, could be chaos.

Paul Anthony

Sainz out before he's even left the garage. Ferrari always finding new ways to Ferrari.....

SkyBlueSoul

Against my better judgment I'm actually going to watch tonight. Quali throwing up a few surprises and talking to a another F1 fan at a party last night has got me in the mood.

SkyBlueSoul

Fuck me, I was joking but he's literally just driven past the Ferraris into the lead

Over It Comedy GIF by Superstore

SkyBlueSoul

Good chance for Norris, I would have been happy with a points finish after he started 17th but hopefully they can get a decent haul now.

SkyBlueSoul

Yeah that was a very impressive drive from him. Didn't see him getting that result after he went backwards off the line.

EvacSB

I'm surprised the medium tyres held up for so long after the restart, I thought the hard tyres would've been the better option but clearly not.

SkyBlueSoul

Toto Wolff potentially joining Ratcliffe's bid for Man Utd after working together on the Mercedes/INEOS partnership. I knew he'd be loaded but I hadn't realised Wolff was a legitimate billionaire in his own right (worth $1.6bn apparently).

Saddlebrains

Toto Wolff potentially joining Ratcliffe's bid for Man Utd after working together on the Mercedes/INEOS partnership. I knew he'd be loaded but I hadn't realised Wolff was a legitimate billionaire in his own right (worth $1.6bn apparently).

Can see him leaving F1 soon anyway, Mercedes are a mess

SkyBlueSoul

Nahh it's fine, the guy who's responsible for this shit heap of a car has decided now is the time for "new adventures beyond Mercedes", completely of his own accord. With no job lined up. Not pushed at all.

SkyBlueSoul

Just watched the first episode of the Brawn GP documentary by Keanu Reeves. Really interesting so far, reveals a lot about what went on behind the scenes. Nice to have the interviews done by someone who actually cares as well, he gets a bit giddy at times (which is fucking with my head after bingeing John Wick last week).

The dramatic cut scenes are a bit cringey but I'll let him off.

SkyBlueSoul

Brace yourself. Obviously there's good reason for him to be interviewed, but it made me laugh just how much screen time Horner gets in a documentary about someone else.

Paul Anthony

Brace yourself. Obviously there's good reason for him to be interviewed, but it made me laugh just how much screen time Horner gets in a documentary about someone else.

I'm thinking of getting Disney just to watch it, but this is the one thing putting me off. The pure sight of the man is usually enough to make me want to vomit, and that's before he opens his big, whiny gob.

SkyBlueSoul

I'm thinking of getting Disney just to watch it, but this is the one thing putting me off. The pure sight of the man is usually enough to make me want to vomit, and that's before he opens his big, whiny gob.
That's why I laughed, he pops up within seconds to make out his team were good samaritans in even letting them race and Brawn betrayed that by outsmarting them. I'd still say it's worth it, insightful and some very interesting points of view put across in all the other interviews I've seen so far. It's essentially everyone involved on the Brawn side being happy, then Horner and the head of Ferrari at the time seeing their arse about it.

Edit: Obviously that's only after 1 episode.

Saddlebrains

Horner is a c**t

But

He's one hell of a team principal. What he along with Newey have done with Red Bull is phenomenal

SkyBlueSoul

No description available.

Sainz's car got fucked up. Chassis, engine and battery all damaged and he'll miss second practice. You can see from the onboard how much force it hit the car with. Second practice delayed while they try and fix it but due to start at 2am local time. Shambles.

LOoKs ePiC THoUgh.

Paul Anthony

This is turning into a proper farce, isn't it.

I'd say it's unbelievable they're making Sainz take a penalty for something so far out of his or the teams control, but then it's the FIA. They don't do common sense. If they did, none of this malarkey would even be happening.

Users who are viewing this thread