Favourite TV Programmes 2016 ? (1 Viewer)

Otis

Christmas TV used to be such a thing to look forwards to, especially Christmas Day.

Now, flicking through the channels you can hardly find anything that pricks your interest.

Looks very disappointing this year. Only thing I have down to record is Doctor Who and I do find all the Christmas ones to be way OTT, over produced and far too smaltzy.

Is there ANYTHING half decent on?

jimmyhillsfanclub

I bet I'm the only person on the planet that's never seen Game of Thrones. I'll have to watch it as it seems to be unmissable.

I'm another that has never seen it......cannot be arsed with sci-fi fantasy stuff whatsoever.

I also don't understand where people find the time to watch full box sets or catch up whole seasons of shows.......I struggle to fit in more than a few hours of TV per week.

From my limited viewing, I'd say Planet Earth was in a league of its own this year.

Captain Dart

I thought Gotham was one of the best series.
I also liked the Last Kingdom and 1864.
Dave Gorman's Modern Life is Goodish is funny.
Vera is also a good detective series, very understated.

covcity4life

Edit. Wrong show..

Its about a group of people who happen to share the same birthday and their lives become connected, I really don't want to say too much more as I don't want to spoil it. But it is refreshing that all the characters have a level of depth and likeable qualities and have not been made into any stereotypes. I've only watched the first episode so far, but really enjoyed it, and surprisingly the missus did too.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

give sense8 a go on netflix, you might like it

i LOVED it

as for 2016:

narcos s2
banshee(binged)
daredevil s2
mr robot s2
westworld

all recommended

Sky_Blue_Daz

Anyone else watch 2 doors down?
That was pretty good

clint van damme

I can't recommend game of thrones highly enough

I was never really into fantasy tv programmes but it's fantastic
2nd only to The Sopranos in my opinion.

And there's some stunning women on the show

Psyching myself up to watch the Sopranos again, great series.
I know a lot of people disagree with me but I still put it second to Boardwalk Empire.

bringbackrattles

Anyone else watch 2 doors down?
That was pretty good
Never seen it it's a Scottish comedy like Still Game ? Should be funny then. You like Scotch humour then ? Have you heard of Chick Murray ? Got to be one of the funniest comics ever. Dry humour but sharp and he's Billy Connelly's favourite comedian. Check him out !

Sky_Blue_Daz

Never seen it it's a Scottish comedy like Still Game ? Should be funny then. You like Scotch humour then ? Have you heard of Chick Murray ? Got to be one of the funniest comics ever. Dry humour but sharp and he's Billy Connelly's favourite comedian. Check him out !
Yes it's a Scottish comedy pretty good, love Billy Connelly too
And I think still game is brilliant

bringbackrattles

Yes it's a Scottish comedy pretty good, love Billy Connelly too
And I think still game is brilliant
Chic Murray is really funny. He's been dead a while but he's still called the comedians comedian. Deadpan style but razor sharp and was way ahead of his time. Connelly loved him and modelled his style on him when he first started out. You can see him on YouTube.

lifeskyblue

I thought Gotham was one of the best series.
I also liked the Last Kingdom and 1864.
Dave Gorman's Modern Life is Goodish is funny.
Vera is also a good detective series, very understated.

I forgot about Last Kingdom...books are good as well as the series.
I'm looking forward to Sherlock, the agatha Christie and inside number 9 over Xmas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wingy

With all the nudity and sex on display and the super slow mo TiVo button on my remote, it takes me 4 and a half hours to watch each episode.

Been watching it GOT no for 2 years and I am still only on season 1, episode 8.
What about a zoom button?

bringbackrattles

Believe me Daz you were not alone.
Brilliantly written; comedy and pathos. My favourite Royal Family episode. My Arse!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I like to think I'm pretty tough but got a lump in my throat when they all gathered round her bed in the hospital. As it makes me think about losing my own parents. Its that realistic !

Nick

Administrator
I like to think I'm pretty tough but got a lump in my throat when they all gathered round her bed in the hospital. As it makes me think about losing my own parents. Its that realistic !

I get the same, I can sit and watch videos of torture, people being killed but if you put something like that or Marley and Me on and I'm gone.

bringbackrattles

I get the same, I can sit and watch videos of torture, people being killed but if you put something like that or Marley and Me on and I'm gone.
I watched on DVD recently the goodbye to Highfield Road with all the scenes/emotions of that last day match etc. I couldn't believe how sad I felt and angry too, if I'd watched it any longer I reckon I'd have started sobbing !

Captain Dart

I saw a Blackadder repeat yesterday and realised we'd all forgotten the" Night Manager", that was top watch! (and just how good Hugh Laurie is)

Users who are viewing this thread