Fleetwood Town (Away) Match Thread (2 Viewers)

covcity4life

Another away win without Armstrong. This team is good...how good? Time will tell

But to think some people said top 2 wasn't on lolololol

H

Huckerby

For those who went, how do Ruben Lameiras do today? Looked like he was involved in some good build up play in the highlights. There's something about the way he passes the ball which oozes skill.

Also how about George Thomas? Great work for the goal, other than that how did he do? Be good to gradually work him in more!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Juggernaut

Played well after first 20 and throughly deserved the win. Thought Reda and Lamieras stood out. Thomas done well for the goal.

James Smith

When I last checked it was 0-0 and not long to go, depression sets in. Brilliant result PUSB

shmmeee

What do people reckon for Blackpool? Arma in for Fortune and Kent for JOB or Arma in for JOB and Kent on the bench?

Will be nice to have options again. Fortune seems to give us something up front, but then again at home the flair players seem to come into their own. I think I'd go with:

Murphy Lameiras Kent
Armstrong

With JOB, Tudgay and Fortune available to see the game out. Aim to come out the gates strong and get ahead early.

st john

Another away win without Armstrong. This team is good...how good? Time will tell

But to think some people said top 2 wasn't on lolololol
Every week Burton seem to win (except today)
Every week Walsall seem to win
Yet we are only 3 points behind them with a game in hand.
Other supporters must be saying "damn, Coventry have won again"

skybluetony176

Been out and about all day. Got to listen to the game in part's and luckily didn't miss the goal. I'm glad we've pulled a scrappy 3 points out the bag, it's the type of result any team serious about a top 6 finish has to get from time to time. Especially on the road. Good day for us today. Looking forward to next Saturday now especially as we're going to make a night out of it.

Covkid1968#

Great to have the buzz again and looking forward to the next match.....been a wile since I started wishing the week away. At some point we have to see a stepped change in the attendance as people start to trust and believe. 14k next week possiby????

fernandopartridge

For those who went, how do Ruben Lameiras do today? Looked like he was involved in some good build up play in the highlights. There's something about the way he passes the ball which oozes skill.

Also how about George Thomas? Great work for the goal, other than that how did he do? Be good to gradually work him in more!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I thought he was completely anonymous, he's too wide at times Imo.

wingy

It's strange, as he played well out wide vs Millwall, caused real problems.

Is he naturally right sided? I thought was playing mostly left In the early games possibly with him and JOB. switching sides.
Seems since Murphy arrived he's such out there.
Listening today until Murphy went up a gear in the last 20 I was thinking couldn't.they. Switch.or even alternate centrally with JOB.

ccfc92

Is he naturally right sided? I thought was playing mostly left In the early games possibly with him and JOB. switching sides.
Seems since Murphy arrived he's such out there.
Listening today until Murphy went up a gear in the last 20 I was thinking couldn't.they. Switch.or even alternate centrally with JOB.

Not sure, I think he's left footed? Not sure though.

Personally though, I'm right footed and prefer playing on left wing, so maybe he's the same?

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Murphy takes far too long to get into games. Same as today. If he wants to be starting he needs to be on his game from the off IMO. Has the talent. Just doesn't seem to want to use it until the last 20 or so minutes, which I guess benefits us, as can make opposition players get complacent in thinking 'he's no threat to us' but it's not good to watch at times as a fan.

covcity4life

Yes Murphy purposely doesn't play well till later stages...ok

Been a huge part of a team who could be joint top if win game in hand

Must there always be someone to be negative about?

ccfc92

Yes Murphy purposely doesn't play well till later stages...ok

Been a huge part of a team who could be joint top if win game in hand

Must there always be someone to be negative about?

To be fair, we can get away with him this season as we have another 6-7 players battling for the ball, he's not exactly Mr Track Back, so we can compensate with the squad we have atm.

He's a positive this season, Murphy, but I think in last seasons team, he would be subbed/dropped.

zuni

imo murphy is one of the reasons we are winning, but like previous comments if he could pick it up a little earlier in games....what a player he would be then

SlowerThanPlatt

@StatsChristian: #Coventry have won 12 of their 24 lge games under Tony Mowbray (50%). They'd won 12 of their previous 55 lge games before his arrival. #ccfc

phildownunder

Listening on the radio I was thinking why don`t they take Murphy off, sounds like he`s a waste of space today. Then he started causing them problems late on (tiring defenders?).

What pleased me was the way they controlled the game after scoring, not allowing Fleetwood a sniff of a chance in stoppage time.

Terry Gibson's perm

Listening on the radio I was thinking why don`t they take Murphy off, sounds like he`s a waste of space today. Then he started causing them problems late on (tiring defenders?).

What pleased me was the way they controlled the game after scoring, not allowing Fleetwood a sniff of a chance in stoppage time.

If Murphy was a consistent player he wouldn't be in league 1 he would be at Norwich tearing up the premiership.

warwickdon

Another shift is I now feel disappointed if we don't win! That's a massive shift in mindset

That's the mindset we had last season, when we lost at coventry, then the next two i started to doubt we'd ever get out of league one, but 31 pts from the last 11 games got us up,you have to be ruthless in your football, league one seems even poorer than last year without being arrogant, what you can't believe is the step up in the championship, huge, we've played pretty well without getting results yet. Good luck to Coventry this season, see you in the championship next season
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

phildownunder

If Murphy was a consistent player he wouldn't be in league 1 he would be at Norwich tearing up the premiership.

Yes of course. My point was how wrong I was in wanting him off and how right Mowbray was in keeping him on.

A player who can suddenly and unexpectedly shift into another gear like that can be devastating and I feel he may often be a match winner for us this season esp. with Mowbray in charge rather than me:facepalm:

Users who are viewing this thread