Football League chairman in SSN re CCFC (1 Viewer)

AFCCOVENTRY

@SkySportsNews: Will the takeover at #Coventry get approval? We'll hear from Football League chairman Greg Clarke from 6am #SSN

Did anyone watch this at all? What did he say?

mattylad

It said on SSN that unless Otium Entertainment shows record of disastrous financial history or criminal records within the company then they will be allowed to take over the club after the Fit and Proper Test, I think the bloke on there said they approve the bidder and "Hope" they're the right owners to take the club forward.*Also they said regarding a temporary relocation that sometimes under some circumstances that a Football Club needs to move, they used Rotherham as an example when they moved to Sheffield. It was also said that every situation is different but this activity was being monitored by the Football League.Reply

letsallsingtogether

Screwed yet again then as it is a new company it will have a clean slate when it comes to financial matters an criminal activities.
So the only criminal thing here is that they are allowed to change names an then move the debt around. :blue: OPTIUM OUT

It said on SSN that unless Otium Entertainment shows record of disastrous financial history or criminal records within the company then they will be allowed to take over the club after the Fit and Proper Test, I think the bloke on there said they approve the bidder and "Hope" they're the right owners to take the club forward.*Also they said regarding a temporary relocation that sometimes under some circumstances that a Football Club needs to move, they used Rotherham as an example when they moved to Sheffield. It was also said that every situation is different but this activity was being monitored by the Football League.Reply

Sky Blue Sheepy

Wish I hadn't asked now! (Kidding, ty for posting it)

RoboCCFC90

Yeah I saw this as I was leaving for work, I think a few people have quoted what I said, but in essence if Otium show to have a good financial business track record and no criminal activity then they'll be approved, then the FL (Greg Clarke who was being interviewed by SSN) will hope that the buyers can make a success of the club. It sounded like a message to the fans more than anything else because he kept reiterating that they can only approve the group that the Administrator see's as the most credible to the creditors..

Last edited:

ccfcway

FL - "Name"
TF - Er, Timothy Fishoff"
FL - "Company"
TF - "Otium"
FL - "Well, we have not heard of you, nor your company, so you cant be in debt...Its all good"

Sub

Tim does not make idle threats he intends to do what he say he is going to do or so he says :facepalm:

RoboCCFC90

Rotherham moved 4 miles away not 35 FFS!!

Which was geographicly advantageous.

From the centre of Rotherham to the centre of Sheffield is 7 miles.

From the centre of Coventry to the centre of Brum (As an exmaple) is 20 Miles.

Yes Coventry isn't as close to Birmingham, then Rotherham is to Sheffield, but that's not either the FL or SISU's faults unfortunately..

edgy

It could be argued that the Football League do care aboutthe clubs & it's fans. They understand that a football club must have fullaccess to the revenue of it’s stadium for it to thrive and be successful. ACL & SISU are not talking, so the only way forward (at present) is this one.

Hobo

I have just forwarded the letter I sent to the Football League to Sky Sports News. Hopefully it might enlighten them to some or our concerns regarding SISU's involvement in the club. At least get our views aired. most football fans will not have the full picture of what has been happening. we can only hope and keep trying to get our concerns across.

fleebagfisher

what does it matter. as long as we get out of that ricoh pile of rubbish im happy to play in london an a temporary basis as long as we end up playing in the coventry area once they have built a new stadium. Milton Keynes have done ok

Gray

what does it matter. as long as we get out of that ricoh pile of rubbish im happy to play in london an a temporary basis as long as we end up playing in the coventry area once they have built a new stadium. Milton Keynes have done ok

You liken the Ricoh to a pile of rubbish? i'd like to see your opinion of the 12k seater shed "SISU FC" will be playing in

Hobo

It won't be a 12k seater stadium, last week it was 15k, when it first came out that SISU were planning to build a stadium it was 25k, next week it'll be 8k, stop lowering the attendance to suit your argument.

I don't think a stadium would be built with a capacity lower than Highfield road, that would be pointless, if this ground was built, it would have to take into account that in the 3 years it will supposedly take to build we should get promoted by then, therefore a 15k stadium would be too small, again, success in L1 would get 15k+, we got 15k v Shrewsbury and we weren't even in the playoffs at that point.

Think about it, the ground would have to be at a minimum 20k to satisfy demand or even potential demand.

Fisher said it would be designed to be expanded as necessary, so it may start at 15000 with the ability to add tiers on. That's if you can believe anything they say.

db2013

Sisu are not getting a penny of my money, we will not go anywhere whilst this bunch of useless half wits have control of the club. All they care about is the money that they supposedly pumped into the club. The best thing for them to do would be to cut there losses and walk away, I don't see how they can make any money from a club that is on its knees and 90% of its paying customers refusing to not attend there games. Surely Tim fuck nuts will wake up and smell the coffee.

torchomatic

I just this was just another cut-and-paste "not one penny more" post until the last sentence where I did laugh out loud to "Tim fuck nuts". For that, have a 'like'.

Sisu are not getting a penny of my money, we will not go anywhere whilst this bunch of useless half wits have control of the club. All they care about is the money that they supposedly pumped into the club. The best thing for them to do would be to cut there losses and walk away, I don't see how they can make any money from a club that is on its knees and 90% of its paying customers refusing to not attend there games. Surely Tim fuck nuts will wake up and smell the coffee.

Sterling Archer

I genuinely cannot see the point of the fit and proper persons test in football ownership. Any old Tom, Dick and Harry can pass it. You only have to look at the long list of crooks that have actually ruined other football clubs in the past despite having questionable histories.

I feel let down by the administrator more than the Football League though with this weeks recent news.

CovLis86

It's ridiculous really. How they can't see this is a dangerous business, shifting debt amongst its numerous companies, so as soon as rugs go to one its a "clean" slate. Disgraceful. How's it allowed in business is beyond me.

Houdi

Talking of the new ground :facepalm:it seems to have gone remarkably quiet on where the preferred location is.There can't be that many locations that are on the Coventry borders,that are up for redeveloment,and would be suitable for a football ground development.Surely by now it would have leaked out by now what is SISU preferred location.You would have thought Coventry Council/ACL/Coventry Telegraph and other media outlets would have found out by now the location,if indeed one actually exists.You would hope that Coventry Council would have some sort of influence with neighbouring councils,to so stymie any planning and redevelopment,that it would simply extend any ground building by enough years,to make SISU realise that the ultimate cost would be too prohibitive.

RoboCCFC90

I am sure SISU believe Football fans are thickle and will pour back once we starting getting a hint of success which lets be honest 50% of people who shout "Not another Penny" or whatever it is will probably zoom back if we were to find success until things go wrong again..

Last edited:

RoboCCFC90

I genuinely cannot see the point of the fit and proper persons test in football ownership. Any old Tom, Dick and Harry can pass it. You only have to look at the long list of crooks that have actually ruined other football clubs in the past despite having questionable histories.

I feel let down by the administrator more than the Football League though with this weeks recent news.

Unfortunately Sterling he probably did make the right decision Administratively, doesn't make all of us happy though.

valiant15

I am sure SISU believe Football fans are thickle and will pour back once we starting getting a hint of success which lets be honest 50% of people wo shout "Not another Penny" or whatever it is will probably zoom back if we were to find success until things go wrong again..

What success will that be then, a quarter final jpt tie?

chiefdave

It sounded like a message to the fans more than anything else because he kept reiterating that they can only approve the group that the Administrator see's as the most credible to the creditors..

Why is this the case for us when the administrator at Pompey was told by the FL they would not issue the golden share if the previous owner, or anyone suspected of being connected to him, was to be made preferred bidder and take the club out of admin? There was no illegal activity involved there but it seems totally at odds with what they are saying now. Indeed in the case of Portsmouth there were other bidders who were prepared to offer far more to creditors (including HMRC) than the offer that had to be accepted due to the restrictions imposed by the FL.

RoboCCFC90

What success will that be then, a quarter final jpt tie?

It doesn't have to be JPT but let's take last season as an exmaple and two examples in particular, Firstly the JPT Area Final against Crewe a complete Sell out of home tickets that were offered to supporters plus a sell out of the away allocation at Crewe. The second example is our home game against Shrewsbury in the league we we're climbing the table (Sitting 9th at that point), 10 games unbeaten in all competitions and we had the two most prolific strikers in the league at that point in our ranks, yet an extra 3000 fans managed to make attendance figures rise during that one game.. Did they come back after we lost to Shrewsbury for the next game? Nope because our next home game after the attendance was at 9500.

Users who are viewing this thread