Football League chairman in SSN re CCFC (1 Viewer)

RoboCCFC90

Why is this the case for us when the administrator at Pompey was told by the FL they would not issue the golden share if the previous owner, or anyone suspected of being connected to him, was to be made preferred bidder and take the club out of admin? There was no illegal activity involved there but it seems totally at odds with what they are saying now. Indeed in the case of Portsmouth there were other bidders who were prepared to offer far more to creditors (including HMRC) than the offer that had to be accepted due to the restrictions imposed by the FL.

I don't know Dave, but I shall try and dig out what info I can.

Edit: According to the Administrator: PST was named as the preferred bidder to Portsmouth FC in october but nothing about PKF being recjected regarding the GS.

Last edited:

valiant15

It doesn't have to be JPT but let's take last season as an exmaple and two examples in particular, Firstly the JPT Area Final against Crewe a complete Sell out of home tickets that were offered to supporters plus a sell out of the away allocation at Crewe. The second example is our home game against Shrewsbury in the league we we're climbing the table (Sitting 9th at that point), 10 games unbeaten in all competitions and we had the two most prolific strikers in the league at that point in our ranks, yet an extra 3000 fans managed to make attendance figures rise during that one game.. Did they come back after we lost to Shrewsbury for the next game? Nope because our next home game after the attendance was at 9500.

But its always been like that.

valiant15

I know loads of city fans that are so disillusioned with the owners and how far weve dropped that they've just given up, I bet most on this forum know people that have done the same.

Brighton Sky Blue

Why is this the case for us when the administrator at Pompey was told by the FL they would not issue the golden share if the previous owner, or anyone suspected of being connected to him, was to be made preferred bidder and take the club out of admin? There was no illegal activity involved there but it seems totally at odds with what they are saying now. Indeed in the case of Portsmouth there were other bidders who were prepared to offer far more to creditors (including HMRC) than the offer that had to be accepted due to the restrictions imposed by the FL.

This is an excellent point. Pompey are the club with 9 lives though and because their case is/was more high profile perhaps the League felt under more pressure to go with popular opinion.

RoboCCFC90

But its always been like that.

Of course it has and I am sure that's what SISU think will happen this season and thereforth if we manage any success although my belief is that if we don't start signing players as soon as we come out of Admin and on the ball from the first game of the season then this will be another Mid Table finish.

Brighton Sky Blue

Of course it has and I am sure that's what SISU think will happen this season and thereforth if we manage any success although my belief is that if we don't start signing players as soon as we come out of Admin and on the ball from the first game of the season then this will be another Mid Table finish.

I don't see us staying up with the current team. What do SISU care, they have money to lose and a stadium management company to spite.

RoboCCFC90

major football league annoucmeent at 1pm apparently

probably nothing to do with cov tho

That was said this morning after our little breif news story on SSN, I didn't think much of it. It is probably to annouce their new Sponsor of the FL.

RoboCCFC90

I don't see us staying up with the current team. What do SISU care, they have money to lose and a stadium management company to spite.

I am not sure relegation is a worry.

If we said the team was: Murphy, Christie, J Clarke, Adams, Willis, Fleck, Barton, Thomas, Moussa, Baker, L Clarke, I could see us surving comfortably.

Gray

That was said this morning after our little breif news story on SSN, I didn't think much of it. It is probably to annouce their new Sponsor of the FL.

and the new sponsor of the football league is Otium Entertainment!

Brighton Sky Blue

If we said the team was: Murphy, Christie, J Clarke, Adams, Willis, Fleck, Barton, Thomas, Moussa, Baker, L Clarke, I could see us surving comfortably.

The jury is still out on Barton, there are huge fitness questions over Fleck and that back four is horribly inexperienced. You then have to factor in that we need more than 11 players to get through a 50 game season (including cups), and realise we will be in big trouble.

The squad has little experience and zero depth.

chiefdave

I don't know Dave, but I shall try and dig out what info I can.

Edit: According to the Administrator: PST was named as the preferred bidder to Portsmouth FC in october but nothing about PKF being recjected regarding the GS.

The CVA that was agreed was proposed by their former owner, Chanrai, this is the same CVA the PST are now using. Chanrai was initially made preferred bidder but this was later changed to PST as the FL stated they were the only bid they were prepared to issue the golden share to despite the fact that this was not the best offer for the creditors.

bbc.co.uk said:
Balram Chainrai had previously been PKF's preferred bidder but it is understood the Football League has raised concerns over his suitability.

There was at least one other bid, from Keith Harris, that that the FL refused to consider. There was several statements from the FL stating that they would only consider the PST and that if that bid was not successful they would be removed from the FL.

wingy

This is an excellent point. Pompey are the club with 9 lives though and because their case is/was more high profile perhaps the League felt under more pressure to go with popular opinion.
I'm guessing its related to the fact that there are no other unconnected creditors apart from ACL.

hutch1972

It doesn't have to be JPT but let's take last season as an exmaple and two examples in particular, Firstly the JPT Area Final against Crewe a complete Sell out of home tickets that were offered to supporters plus a sell out of the away allocation at Crewe. The second example is our home game against Shrewsbury in the league we we're climbing the table (Sitting 9th at that point), 10 games unbeaten in all competitions and we had the two most prolific strikers in the league at that point in our ranks, yet an extra 3000 fans managed to make attendance figures rise during that one game.. Did they come back after we lost to Shrewsbury for the next game? Nope because our next home game after the attendance was at 9500.

Shrewsbury was on new years day, which is historically a higher than average gate for every league club !!

RoboCCFC90

The jury is still out on Barton, there are huge fitness questions over Fleck and that back four is horribly inexperienced. You then have to factor in that we need more than 11 players to get through a 50 game season (including cups), and realise we will be in big trouble.

The squad has little experience and zero depth.

The backfour I have just mentioned has made 190 League appearances between the four of them, which is quite a lot considering their age.

Adam Barton needs to hit the gym if he will be a success in L1 but he is very capabale technically.

John Fleck needs a treadmill, I hear during pre season he has been training with a boxer, I hope he comes back fitter than ever because he is one that needs to realise his potential if he wnats to go something in what is a very short career.

We currently have 22 senior players on the books (Including the six unwanted) if by then end of the Summer transfer Window we are left with Bell, McSheffery and Edge for instance you have to look at incorporting these players into your squad, they don't have to be first team regulars, but they need to be active back-up or rotation players to ensure we get through a season.

After seeing Portsmouth's trouble last season with their squad chopping and changing every month I think are squad is experienced in comparison.

SkyBlueSwiss

But another 6 senior players have been told that they are not wanted, so that just has to include several of the team you named above. That will then weaken what is already a weak team.
Pressley talks of getting in 7 new players, but given that our budget is only around 2 million, and given that it will be at least a month before we are out of admin, accounts submitted and the embargo lifted, when, where and how are we going to get 7 new players that would actually strengthen the squad.
Additionally, do you really think that we will keep Clarke and Baker? We might, but my opinion is that these will be sold for what little we can get for them with SISU giving us the old FFP excuse as to why they were "forced" to sell.
And to top it all off, we may well be hit with a severe points penalty to start next season with. When you consider what is known of our owners actions, do you not think that the Football League might find some of their actions to be against their own rules? As a guess, I would estimate a points penalty of somewhere between 10 and 21 points.
Last season, even without the 10 points deduction, we finished in the bottom half of the table. As things stand, we now have a much worse team than last season (remember how many points we earned because of McGoldrick, who we do not have this year, and Clarke is not on the same level - even if he is not sold before the season starts), which is why the bookies have us down for relegation even without a points deduction. Any points deduction at all, and we are in the fourth division.
The downward spiral under SISU continues, and IMHO relegation is most certainly a worry.

Brighton Sky Blue

The backfour I have just mentioned has made 190 League appearances between the four of them, which is quite a lot considering their age.

Adam Barton needs to hit the gym if he will be a success in L1 but he is very capabale technically.

John Fleck needs a treadmill, I hear during pre season he has been training with a boxer, I hope he comes back fitter than ever because he is one that needs to realise his potential if he wnats to go something in what is a very short career.

We currently have 22 senior players on the books (Including the six unwanted) if by then end of the Summer transfer Window we are left with Bell, McSheffery and Edge for instance you have to look at incorporting these players into your squad, they don't have to be first team regulars, but they need to be active back-up or rotation players to ensure we get through a season.

After seeing Portsmouth's trouble last season with their squad chopping and changing every month I think are squad is experienced in comparison.

The unwanted players include Malaga, Dunn and McSheffrey so it is fair to say none of them will be of much use and should be gone by August. That by your estimations leaves us with a squad of 19 which isn't enough.

190 games sounds like a lot but is a little more than one whole season per player which is nothing compared to the majority of defences we're up against. The squad as it stands is nowhere near enough in depth to see us through.

psgm1

Banned
PST won the preferred bidder status, because they were a consortium of fans rather than a foreign individual, this was why they received the preferred bidder status. Had my heroes had any gumption, and been able to raise any funds yet alone anywhere near the amount required, then there is no question they would be prest ferred bidders and we would be talking of the sky blues trust being owners of the ricoh! However long ago they stopped even pretending to try and buy the club, and then merely took to becoming te self absorbed entity they are today.

Their stated aim is still to be partial owners of the club, yet even now refuse, or are just plainly incapable of paying for the privilege! After all did the trust put a bid in for the club? So much for last resort!

Seems their utterly worthwhile and not at all pointless trip down to london did the trick then people. But hey at least an 8 year old got excited going for a trip to London with his dad, so that is going to help the club in the long run!

How much was spent on those banners again? Real worthy use of the fighting fund supposedly set up to buy part of the club!

Sisu Out SBT Out

Sky Blue Pete

Take out murphy, baker & Clarke and what would you think of our chances then?? Top 10 realistic but by no means routine

chiefdave

PST won the preferred bidder status, because they were a consortium of fans rather than a foreign individual, this was why they received the preferred bidder status.

The point I'm making is that they weren't initially preferred bidder, the preferred bidder was changed by the administrator after the FL indicated they wouldn't issue the golden share to the former owner despite their being no suggestion of illlegal activity, which seems to be the only way you can fail the fit and proper test.

Brighton Sky Blue

I don't think it's that personal, SISU care about profit, am I right? Therefore, it is in their best interest to get promoted this season, therefore, I expect players will be signed, I think 5 minimum, and apart from the defence, we have a team good enough for top 10 easily, we have a 20-goal a season striker, we have players like Fleck* and Barton who haven't been given adequate chances and have shown glimpses of class, and I think they'll come good this season, also, we have seemingly promising youngsters, e.g. Lobjoit (?), Garner, Willis and Thomas, who will come into the fray, I hope they perform. 7 players what Pressley hopes for, if good quality, could see us being very competitive at the top of the table, and before anyone says, we are still an attractive proposition compared to most L1 teams, I can only think of Wolves, Swindon, Sheff U, Peterborough (maybe just) and Bristol City who offer a seemingly better proposition, perhaps.

*To your fitness point about Fleck, he's been training in boxing to help with his fitness before preseason begins, I hope he comes back fitter and stronger.

I don't think you understand. It doesn't matter how much SISU want to throw at the club, what we can spend is directly restricted by how much we make and crowds of a few thousand will fund diddly squat and will have no chance of giving us a competitive squad.

Pressley talks about signing x number of players-well, it's July fairly soon and we're still under embargo. Any players who can improve the squad will be gone and out of our price range as, if it hadn't escaped your notice, we have sold zero season tickets and our merchandising is a fecking stall.

I see nothing other than relegation without huge off field changes.

RoboCCFC90

The unwanted players include Malaga, Dunn and McSheffrey so it is fair to say none of them will be of much use and should be gone by August. That by your estimations leaves us with a squad of 19 which isn't enough.

190 games sounds like a lot but is a little more than one whole season per player which is nothing compared to the majority of defences we're up against. The squad as it stands is nowhere near enough in depth to see us through.

I agree regarding the players of which are likely to be heading out, but as of this morning no one is interested in taking them so leaves two suggestions, a) Pay the players off and leave us with a stricken squad or b) Keep the players under contract and use them as a utility.

I am not so sure.

Sterling Archer

I almost forgot Malaga existed! :laugh: He wasn't that bad was he? Certainly didn't deserve to be bombed out the way he did so early on.

Brighton Sky Blue

I agree regarding the players of which are likely to be heading out, but as of this morning no one is interested in taking them so leaves two suggestions, a) Pay the players off and leave us with a stricken squad or b) Keep the players under contract and use them as a utility.

I am not so sure.

They are unwanted for a reason. Burge is a far better prospect than Dunn, Malaga has been deemed a waste of space by two successive managers and McSheffrey is over the hill even by L1 standards. What we have at full strength is just about OK but just one or two injuries and it will fall apart.

psgm1

Banned
PST won the preferred bidder status, because they were a consortium of fans rather than a foreign individual, this was why they received the preferred bidder status. Had my heroes had any gumption, and been able to raise any funds yet alone anywhere near the amount required, then there is no question they would be prest ferred bidders and we would be talking of the sky blues trust being owners of the ricoh! However long ago they stopped even pretending to try and buy the club, and then merely took to becoming te self absorbed entity they are today.

Their stated aim is still to be partial owners of the club, yet even now refuse, or are just plainly incapable of paying for the privilege! After all did the trust put a bid in for the club? So much for last resort!

Seems their utterly worthwhile and not at all pointless trip down to london did the trick then people. But hey at least an 8 year old got excited going for a trip to London with his dad, so that is going to help the club in the long run!

How much was spent on those banners again? Real worthy use of the fighting fund supposedly set up to buy part of the club!

Sisu Out SBT Out

covmark

Sisu Out SBT Out

Have a day off mate

Noggin

It wasn't too long ago that the majority on here beieved we were the best team in the league.

The team managed by Mark Robbins with James Bailey in midfield and Mcgoldrick upfront? that team?

Not to mention the fact that the majority never believed we were the best team in the league even then. Fair to say the majority thought we were good enough to be promoted though but since then we lost our best player, didn't properly strengthen as promised in the loan window, lost our manager, have lost more players during preseason, have lost the spirit and never say die attitude, have lost the morale, have no where to play, will lose more players, will have a very short window if any window to buy players before the season and by then the best and cheapest options will have gone. We will have a very significantly lower budget than last year.

So how is what people thought before Christmas in anyway relevant to our chances next season?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread