Football League chairman in SSN re CCFC (1 Viewer)

Brighton Sky Blue

Of course I understand, don't patronise me!

It's mid-June, there's no rush to sign players, there have been about 10 transfers in the league at the minute, managers and players alike are still on holiday, preseason hasn't begun and at the minute, having an embargo on us is not inhibiting us, we can still talk to players and agents and sort transfers out before the embargo is lifted, we'll probably be out of admin before the start of pre-season and CCFC will be trading in the market, your panic is premature and we just to sit and wait, if we were in the middle of July, I'd share your view, but it isn't.

FFP won't really have an impact on who we will sign, because they'll be frees, loans, and nominal fees, or at best, a 250k 'marquee' signing, and we might moan about frees and loans etc. but Clarke, Adams, Fleck, Jennings, McG, Bailey, Moussa were all loans or frees and they are all good players. Funny how you're mentioning FFP, yet people at the same time are supporting this nonsensical 'Not One Penny More' malarkey, that will only damage the club, not SISU.

1. We have sold no season tickets.

2. Our merchandise strategy is to push stuff out of a stall outside Tesco.

3. We face the prospect of groundsharing at some thus far unknown location which will dent crowds to, even at Tim's estimates, 3-5k.

FFP wise, even relying on free transfers, we will be one of the lowest spenders in the league on wages and another points deduction can't be ruled out. It is going to be very difficult indeed for us to compete if the groundshare goes ahead, and just about possible if it doesn't. As for 'Not One Penny More', I don't think you'll find anything from me in favour of it.

SkyBlue_Bear83

3. We face the prospect of groundsharing at some thus far unknown location which will dent crowds to, even at Tim's estimates, 3-5k.

FFP wise, even relying on free transfers, we will be one of the lowest spenders in the league on wages and another points deduction can't be ruled out. It is going to be very difficult indeed for us to compete if the groundshare goes ahead, and just about possible if it doesn't. As for 'Not One Penny More', I don't think you'll find anything from me in favour of it.
This seasons budget is based on last years income so we should be ok in ffp. Screwed for the following years though.

chiefdave

This seasons budget is based on last years income so we should be ok in ffp. Screwed for the following years though.

Is that right? I thought it was based on the forthcoming seasons predicated income and monitored by the FL to ensure it's realistic and being acheived?

Brighton Sky Blue

It is based on budgetary information given to the League at the start of each season and at intervals throughout.

SkyBlue_Bear83

It is based on budgetary information given to the League at the start of each season and at intervals throughout.
Ah fair enough, you say it with such conviction that it must be true.

I was only repeating second hand info that had came out from the forums. It must have got muddled/misinterpreted what was said somewhere.

Sky Blue Kid

Just supposing...only supposing like! We, fill (If we are still there) the Ricoh every week. How many of you are deluded enough to think any of that income would go to buy decent players?....and no! I'm not patronising anyone, just being honest and truthful(Which is more than SISU have ever been.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Just supposing...only supposing like! We, fill (If we are still there) the Ricoh every week. How many of you are deluded enough to think any of that income would go to buy decent players?....and no! I'm not patronising anyone, just being honest and truthful(Which is more than SISU have ever been.
I think a proportion of it would, remember there was a time long ago when SISU used to spend money on the team. Shame we blew it all on the useless twat Eastwood though.

SISU are a business and it is in there best interests for the club to be successful, there not out to just spite the fans.

I don't feel deluded, it was only last season we were told by the well informed on here that we would be signing absolutely no one. However in fact we signed about 15 players over last season.

wingy

Hey its back ,you're strap line.:facepalm::)

Users who are viewing this thread