Football Manager (3 Viewers)

Alkhen

League 1 pre season and FFP is crippling my plans. Most of my better players wages bumped up 20-35% for winning the league which had me at only 1k per week under my max FFP spend. Annoying as I have a big wage and transfer budget available but can't use it.

Having to sell anyone with any value. Baka has been shipped off to Plymouth 😢 freed up 4k wages though so had to be done

vow

Meanwhile in FM17... just lost the M69 Derby at home ffs.

Gutted, 2-3 lucky 6 fingered coonts!

vow

Play it again
Shocking! :unsure:

i used to do it back in the day but realise it wasn't worth it as in the long run it spoils the game?

however.....I do use FM Scout to seek out young gems as thats my main "cheat" otherwise I'd have the biggest squad in the world as I would'nt know who to sell, as my scouts/coaches give shite advice I find.

@Alkhen My other way of gaining income is to loan out said youngsters and get loand fees, akin to what Chelsea used to do on a regular basis, this might save you selling your best players?

Alkhen

Shocking! :unsure:

i used to do it back in the day but realise it wasn't worth it as in the long run it spoils the game?

however.....I do use FM Scout to seek out young gems as thats my main "cheat" otherwise I'd have the biggest squad in the world as I would'nt know who to sell, as my scouts/coaches give shite advice I find.

@Alkhen My other way of gaining income is to loan out said youngsters and get loand fees, akin to what Chelsea used to do on a regular basis, this might save you selling your best players?

I use FMRTE but only the scouting tool to make sortlists to search in game. Life's too short to spend hours training up a dud!

No result cheating tho, dabbled as a youth but it's a hollow victory!

I don't have a big enough squad to loan anyone out, I have 12 players over U21 so have to fudge my squad as it is.

Signed Tyler Walker as my heir to Baka but is a bit crap.

• Haha
Reactions: vow

Sky Blue Pete

I use FMRTE but only the scouting tool to make sortlists to search in game. Life's too short to spend hours training up a dud!

No result cheating tho, dabbled as a youth but it's a hollow victory!

I don't have a big enough squad to loan anyone out, I have 12 players over U21 so have to fudge my squad as it is.

Signed Tyler Walker as my heir to Baka but is a bit crap.
Feel very told off

covcity4life

Lost in playoffs first season. Sold gyok and hamer. Brought in Chong lowe willock bowler and renewed 4 loans

In autos at winter window but now Everton recalled Simms. He had 13. Goals
No wage contribution so I can't replace him as budget is done for at minute.

Relying on Sam surridge who has 12 goals to stay fit and fire me to prem.

ajsccfc

2032 Champions League first KO stage, drew 0-0 at Benfica and then after 25 minutes of the second leg I was a goal down and had two players sent off. That wasn't the end of the red cards and somehow we won on penalites with 8 men, never had anything like it

ZW5SUge.png

Alkhen

FFP in game is brutal. Seems a bit broken to me. Feels a bit like they have just dropped the rules in with little way of handling them. The players seem oblivious to them and kick up a fuss constantly even though you can't break them without sanctions.

On my FGR save I signed a few decent unattached players late pre season on low wage contracts, 2-3 year lengths. Only for all 3 of them to ask for new deals within 6 months. Obviously no chance that would fit the FFP budget . They all got pissed off and the whole squad lost moral. It's just not realistic. You'd have the option to say you won't afford larger wages down the line IRL.

Had to sell 2 of them in Jan. Very frustrating and not realistic at all

• Sad

Sky Blue Pete

FFP in game is brutal. Seems a bit broken to me. Feels a bit like they have just dropped the rules in with little way of handling them. The players seem oblivious to them and kick up a fuss constantly even though you can't break them without sanctions.

On my FGR save I signed a few decent unattached players late pre season on low wage contracts, 2-3 year lengths. Only for all 3 of them to ask for new deals within 6 months. Obviously no chance that would fit the FFP budget . They all got pissed off and the whole squad lost moral. It's just not realistic. You'd have the option to say you won't afford larger wages down the line IRL.

Probably is quite realistic

vow

Stayed up
Made some great signings for new season
So hard though financially

Hmmmm, sounds like the newer version(s) are more like Account manager than Football Manager!? :unsure:

Alkhen

Hmmmm, sounds like the newer version(s) are more like Account manager than Football Manager!? :unsure:
League 1 & 2 were tough going, FFP is revenue base and Obvs FGR are tiny so I was screwed. as soon as I got to the championship it was a lot easier as you are permitted to make large losses :D

covcity4life

Got promoted after selling hamer and gyok. Won playoff final.

But bought badly in summer and rock bottom of prem after 7 games.

Got likes of gelhardt and dike upfront and BNC and JWE still wing backs. Although firpo and that Norwich lad also wing back options.

CB pretty poor too. Still got panzo and then some young prospects.

Willock and Chong as AM

Gonna be tough to stay up but will boss championship if go down lol

vow

Got likes of gelhardt and dike upfront and BNC and JWE still wing backs. Although firpo and that Norwich lad also wing back options.

Willock and Chong as AM

which FM is that?

vow

Willock and Chong as AM

Am I on ignore again m8?

Brighton Sky Blue

Finally took the plunge on this one. Finished 3rd in regular season, missed autos on goal difference then beat Luton on penalties followed by Boro in the playoffs.

Got quite annoying with hits to morale during the season when Hamer and Gyo demanded new contracts but also wanted £50k+ a week each. Gelhardt and Gyo to lead the line in the Prem survival attempt so will see how it goes

ajsccfc

Still on the save I started when FM23 first came out which while not the longest career I've played, is probably the longest I've played a single save in real time. No matter what I do though I cannot start a new one until I beat PSG in a CL knockout game

YbKnp6v.png

I may be some time.

• Haha

Brighton Sky Blue

Ended the first Prem season in 14th, which is the worst I've done as Cov in the first season up. Don't really get the scouting system as compared to FM22 either.

ajsccfc

I find that side very bloated and almost impenetrable, the squad planner is next to useless as well.

vow

Still sky blues boss

Just won the EFL Cup and my U23's won the checatrade.
Semi Champions league and FA cup to play...

1st in PLeague with 6 game's to go too

It's fookin tough at the top......after 8 years at the helm

Pep is Manure manager after Mourhinho left, having won 3 PL titles in his tenure.

If, and it's a huge IF, I win em al, think I will move onto FM18!
City will be in L2 in that one 👍

vow

Still on the save I started when FM23 first came out which while not the longest career I've played, is probably the longest I've played a single save in real time. No matter what I do though I cannot start a new one until I beat PSG in a CL knockout game

YbKnp6v.png

I may be some time.
Love PSG in my FM17 Save, they paid a ridiculous sum for my player £118M plus 50% sell on clause!
Funny thing is they never play him, so might buy him back 😎

David O'Day

After 20 years irl I have finally figured out how to get tactics to work properly.

I have my team defending in a 4-3-3 shape but when they attack they are in a 3-1-6 transitional shape

1692737280272.png

lovely stuff

• Wow

skybluecam

Ended the first Prem season in 14th, which is the worst I've done as Cov in the first season up. Don't really get the scouting system as compared to FM22 either.
I’m shit at 23, and blame it on the scouting system. Can never get them to reliably find players that I want and can afford.

Took 3 seasons for me to get Cov up, then got sacked first season in the prem.

• Wow

Users who are viewing this thread