free agents (1 Viewer)

Saddlebrains

Diego Costa has had his appeal won

Why cant we get ours overturned for that Rente then?

slowpoke

MR was trying to sign players (plural) on deadline day and stated that the club had approved that, so there is money available.
But was that dependent on player/players going out ? apart from the “big”three Todd Kane was expected to go but didn’t, neither did Waghorn or Walker either or both would have been moved on all three high earners. I would love a freebie or two we bloody need them likely to be mature and experience but can’t see it they command top dollar

Last edited:

Frostie

He only got 10 points I think so wasn’t close, Costa got 13

10-14 points means they qualify for appeal. Given Rente only missed out due to timing when he'd have sailed through just weeks earlier it's a massive grey area.
I'd be intrigued to know the reasoning granting Costa's but not Rente, Kluivert or others. Another player missed out by 48hrs & yet that wasn't deemed "exceptional circumstances" but Costa is. 🤷🏼‍♂️

pipkin73

Guess we don't have the money to contest the decision, nothing is free.
From what i gather, paying him was going to be a problem neither mind paying an appeal as well.

Sick Boy

No one has money. Most clubs are run as companies not hobbies and people demand a return on their investment, even superfans. We have a management team that could possibly one day get us to the premiership. If MR left, at best we would be a bottom half championship club that would fight for relegation each year. But, that is not only us, half the league are in the same situation.
Hyam had to be sold to balance the books. No one wanted him to go including himself. SISU have stated the club must be run autonomously and everyone include MR and his team know that. We need a few additions, but we do not have the resources to bring in anyone, unless we got rid of someone or two. MR is a battler, he was the same as a player. He more than anyone will put 100% into the project and SISU know that. I know MR and Joy have a very good working relationship and Joy knows that CCFC could not do any better than having MR as it's head.
I think as supporters we can only take one situation at a time and hope and pray for the best.
If no one has money then I must have dreamt of all those other Championship teams not standing still and spending money.
At the moment we’re far more likely to get relegated to League One than get promoted.

Samo

But was that dependent on player/players going out ? apart from the “big”three Todd Kane was expected to go but didn’t, neither did Waghorn or Walker either or both would have been moved on all three high earners. I would love a freebie or two we bloody need them likely to be mature and experience but can’t see it they command top dollar

You don't tend to command top dollar when you're unemployed.

slowpoke

You don't tend to command top dollar when you're unemployed.
You don’t know footballers then I would say £5k a week is a minimum for established players these players have had years on good money their piggy banks will be well stocked and then there’s the signing on fee, that can be a three figure sum, expensive world pro. football especially at championship level.

stupot07

You don’t know footballers then I would say £5k a week is a minimum for established players these players have had years on good money their piggy banks will be well stocked and then there’s the signing on fee, that can be a three figure sum, expensive world pro. football especially at championship level.
If you get to this point and they are still a free agents, you've got to question their desire to play. Their agents would be knocking down doors to get them in on trial.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

robbiethemole

still players being signed, Boro have got Massimo Luongo on a free today. Are we even looking to get someone in anymore?
frustrating as hell seeing others sign them up, surely we can afford one or two

twistandshout

10-14 points means they qualify for appeal. Given Rente only missed out due to timing when he'd have sailed through just weeks earlier it's a massive grey area.
I'd be intrigued to know the reasoning granting Costa's but not Rente, Kluivert or others. Another player missed out by 48hrs & yet that wasn't deemed "exceptional circumstances" but Costa is. 🤷🏼‍♂️
Costa was a free agent so there was plenty of time where as Coventry only had hours to win an appeal

Deity

They had nearly a week
It s strange how we knew Hyam was the subject of interest by Blackburn throughout the window ( and we instigated the moved ) but had no plan b) or c ) if we accept that Rente was a)

Samo

It s strange how we knew Hyam was the subject of interest by Blackburn throughout the window ( and we instigated the moved ) but had no plan b) or c ) if we accept that Rente was a)

Its almost as if Robins knew nothing about the Hyam sale 🤔

stupot07

Of course he did, hence the replacement was there.
He was sold nearly a week before deadline day, its not like he was sold with an hour to go. And clubs should have a constant list of players they are looking at or interested in for every position. That's basic recruitment planning.

Nick

Administrator
He was sold nearly a week before deadline day, its not like he was sold with an hour to go. And clubs should have a constant list of players they are looking at or interested in for every position. That's basic recruitment planning.

Yeah and he knew about the player lined up. Although they should have had backups for him.

Samo

Of course he did, hence the replacement was there.

Which he didn't get over the line as he was put in a difficult position time wise. I'd be surprised if he knew any earlier than a day or two before Hyam went.

Fergusons_Beard

We had someone lined up who would have qualified for a work permit but was brought on as a sub in the Dutch 2nd division for 15 mins.

That code him 6 WP points and the club the transfer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

wingy

Sure Platty posted something up that it was much earlier in August that it was off

Can't find it now though, so have to assume either the man City guy that went to Burnley or one of the two loans we have now were replacement

SBAndy

Sure Platty posted something up that it was much earlier in August that it was off

Can't find it now though, so have to assume either the man City guy that went to Burnley or one of the two loans we have now were replacement

Find it slightly frustrating that he chose to go to Burnley and yet has played 1 minute so far.

Users who are viewing this thread