Match Thread Gillingham v Coventry Match Thread - Saturday 24th Sep (3 Viewers)

peeler

Nope I said on the other thread how wrong they were. Still find it strange that somebodies thought process takes them to search for tweets somebody said 3 years ago and publicly tell their employer about them rather than just argue your point.

I disagree with you on everything in life (apart from it it seems), you could call me every name under the sun but I'm not sure I'd go as far as to try to get you the sack.

Some of the stuff he said was shocking, I don't doubt that. I just don't understand the "I know, I'll try and get him sacked" thought process.

I didn't think you would, but most people don't tweet about customers in that way.

Probably wouldn't of done it myself, but Simon is taking a lot of shit at the moment.

rupert_bear

Linnell dropped out that there could be American interest in our club, coincidently as he was talking to a "fan" from Illinois, genuine ? or was he laying a seed ?

Nick

Administrator
I didn't think you would, but most people don't tweet about customers in that way.

Probably wouldn't of done it myself, but Simon is taking a lot of shit at the moment.

He is also giving a lot of shit too.

I disagree with everything Simon says, his personality and ego but I'd never go out of my way to make him lose his job. I'd just call him a knob, tell him he is doing it to sell books and carry on with my day, no matter how heated it was.

It's just a very strange thought process, and just adds to the stuff that rob s was saying.

NorthernWisdom

He is also giving a lot of shit too.

I disagree with everything Simon says, his personality and ego but I'd never go out of my way to make him lose his job. I'd just call him a knob, tell him he is doing it to sell books and carry on with my day, no matter how heated it was.

It's just a very strange thought process, and just adds to the stuff that rob s was saying.

Got the links to these racist tweets and the like? ;)

Anyway, in Gilbert's defence(!) I've just wiled away a *really* tedious half an hour reading a load of his past tweets - I do that every now and again if I fall on an account, read their past stuff. So if the past stuff was *really* bad you could see why you might take action?

That said, I can think of a few whose political leanings are rather, errrm, 'different' to me but not sure I'd mak an effort to do anything with that myself. Does send a lesson however that social media is kind of... public.

Nick

Administrator
Got the links to these racist tweets and the like? ;)

Anyway, in Gilbert's defence(!) I've just wiled away a *really* tedious half an hour reading a load of his past tweets - I do that every now and again if I fall on an account, read their past stuff. So if the past stuff was *really* bad you could see why you might take action?

That said, I can think of a few whose political leanings are rather, errrm, 'different' to me but not sure I'd mak an effort to do anything with that myself. Does send a lesson however that social media is kind of... public.
I think he had the screen shot, they were rants about people from Pakistan. Don't get me wrong they were bad.and I'm not sure why anybody would actually say things like that online.

Taking action would be reporting it to Twitter to get it removed. Which is fair enough for the content. The thought of trying to get them sacked wouldn't cross my mind I don't think.

Last edited:

Grendel

Bloke comes on now but doesn't want to talk about the team... Openly admits he doesn't know much about it.

Was his name Tony?

Grendel

Nick

Administrator
Y

Reid is 28 it's just straight talking Tony.
That's the thing, I said at the start of the season if he played those 3 up front we would have about 500 league games experience.

If he played mccann and gadzev, (isn't rose about 26, can't be bothered to check on phone)

Then I can see it's a young defence, but he chose to pay a fee on a young defender and let an older one go.

We also have an older striker on trial.

Even if we played Willis, ricketts and turnbull they have a fair few games between them don't they

Didn't an experienced player make the mistake today for their second?

Brylowes

Nick I didn't reply as I was working, no I don't think we've the worst squad in the league
But the very foundations of the cub are crumbling away.
How we expect our manager and players to perform to the best of their capabilities under
The conditions we are in I will never know. The fans are at loggerheads with each other,
The owners are at loggerheads with everyone, it's hardly a sound platform to aim for or
Expect success. With everything else at the club in termoil why expect the playing side
Too Ron like clockwork.

Nick

Administrator
Nick I didn't reply as I was working, no I don't think we've the worst squad in the league
But the very foundations of the cub are crumbling away.
How we expect our manager and players to perform to the best of their capabilities under
The conditions we are in I will never know. The fans are at loggerheads with each other,
The owners are at loggerheads with everyone, it's hardly a sound platform to aim for or
Expect success. With everything else at the club in termoil why expect the playing side
Too Ron like clockwork.
But nobody has said we should be winning the league or anything close. Just we shouldn't be bottom.

Brylowes

But nobody has said we should be winning the league or anything close. Just we shouldn't be bottom.
Well if that's your only gripe I wouldn't worry, we won't be bottom for much longer I wouldn't
Have thought, but I wouldn't be fooled I don't think we are very good and long hard season
Lies ahead me thinks.
Also what you said earlier about some City fans will be pleased we lost. Did you mean that ?

Hobo

Until we get leadership and ambition from the top we won't see it on the pitch.

Gazolba

Mowbray:

<snip>

Difficult to keep reproducing

<snip>

You mean things are so bad, it's now affecting his sex life!

clint van damme

Is Nick really saying after 9 years the owners have no responsibility for the league position of the club (ie. the performance on the pitch-as well as the business perfromance off it)??
Of course they do. Just let the apologism go, its getting embarrassing.

so are you saying that last year when we were top sisu were running the club well or was it down to mowbrays recruitment and tactics?

Captain Dart

so are you saying that last year when we were top sisu were running the club well or was it down to mowbrays recruitment and tactics?

Recruitment of loanees was good last year. Think there was a lot of good fortune in it.

clint van damme

Recruitment of loanees was good last year. Think there was a lot of good fortune in it.

possibly, I just think it's naive to exonerate TM of all blame for what's going on n the pitch.
And just to reiterate, I'm not in the TM out camp - yet.

oucho

Got home a while ago and not sure what to think. I will not be surprised if TM gets sacked if we do not beat Wimbledon on Weds. Not that I agree with that, but there it is.

oucho

The most irrating thing is that the other teams in this rank sh1te league are dross, and we can't beat them. I dread to think how we'd go on if we were miraculously parachuted back to our Premier League place now. We've fallen so far, it's tragic. Few CCFC even understand how big a deal it would have been even a few years ago for us to draw with Bury or Shresbury in the league. It would have been seen as a scandal. Now it's seen as par for the course, a run of the mill result that's a base for the next game. No way would any City fan a few years ago thought that. We beat Man U 3-2 at HR in Dec 1997, now we're bottom of the third division and there's nothing but a shrug. Why do people seem to think this kind of performance is acceptable???????????????????????????????????????????????

Pete in Portugal

Page was poor. Don't think he deserved the shit he got at the end from the fans who waited at the end purely to give him verbals, but he was poor again.

Don't think Wright offered us much, !but it was his first start so can't be too critical. Just think it was the wrong game to give him a go.

Ricketts clearly slated by TM for his part in the second goal

DKE really struggled first half. And he'll struggle again in future games as soon as he's up against a tricky winger

Thanks a lot SW88. So perhaps really only Page, who's had three poor matches in a row. Thanks a lot for all your match day posts. Have a good break!

Otis

The most irrating thing is that the other teams in this rank sh1te league are dross, and we can't beat them. I dread to think how we'd go on if we were miraculously parachuted back to our Premier League place now. We've fallen so far, it's tragic. Few CCFC even understand how big a deal it would have been even a few years ago for us to draw with Bury or Shresbury in the league. It would have been seen as a scandal. Now it's seen as par for the course, a run of the mill result that's a base for the next game. No way would any City fan a few years ago thought that. We beat Man U 3-2 at HR in Dec 1997, now we're bottom of the third division and there's nothing but a shrug. Why do people seem to think this kind of performance is acceptable???????????????????????????????????????????????
I'm pretty certain that is three question marks too many.

Bristol sky blue

Agree with comments about Gadzhev being a big disappointment.

We desperately need McCann and Rose back because we are getting over-run in midfield (though Rose will probably be played at RWB by TM)

Mind you, if defence can't win first ball in the air it doesn't matter if midfield is more solid anyway.

Though it was the right decision to let Reda go, the absence of that type of defender is hurting us badly

Nick

Administrator

We desperately need McCann and Rose back because we are getting over-run in midfield (though Rose will probably be played at RWB by TM)

Mind you, if defence can't win first ball in the air it doesn't matter if midfield is more solid anyway.

Though it was the right decision to let Reda go, the absence of that type of defender is hurting us badly
It's ok though we have bechio on trial

Otis

At the risk of being right again ;) even when we were doing well I was banging on about this being the danger of relying on loanees - you have to back yourself to be able to rinse and repeat annually.
Yep, I said that same thing. I just don't see how you can have a two year plan if you are having to pretty much start from scratch every season.

We were damn lucky with Armstrong last season.

I know we need loans, but we need a core of our own players in place, with loans embellishing what we've got, rather than being overly reliant on the loanees.

oucho

The same McCann who was overrun by the Norwich youth team and who is only with us until January? Yes, he's surely the messiah. It's always noticeable how players improve when they are not in the team....

Gadzhev, however, after the first few games where we waited for him to find his niche, is clearly a disappointment.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread