Godden out for another FOUR weeks (1 Viewer)

larry_david

Been told four weeks of non contact training.
Will Waghorn finally come to the party?
Will Tavares step onto the pitch?
Will the new fav Shipley now replace Vik up front!

slowpoke

I think when he first went down with appendicitis it was said up to eight week lay-off bloody unlucky for him and us.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Been told four weeks of non contact training.
Will Waghorn finally come to the party?
Will Tavares step onto the pitch?
Will the new fav Shipley now replace Vik up front!

Good God, we never seem to have short term injuries.

Nick

Administrator
As poor as he has been, in fact because of how poor he has been, I'd say Waghorn probably needs that run of games anyway.

Yeah I think he needs a run to get sharper, cut out the upper body shit in the gym too ha

Reactions: AOM

larry_david

He said about Tav a few weeks aog he was 'starting' to bulk out in a way he still wasn't losing that raw pace. I think he's heading in the right direction.

Best thing would be we go 2-0 up early tomorrow and on 55 he takes Vik off to rest him. Mind you then it would be Waghorn. Basically we need to be 2-0 up and throw Tav on.

SBT

Time to feed Tavares with raw meat and let him loose on the Championship.
I know we don't see him on a day to day basis like MR does but if you're not going to give the lad a chance then how the hell is he and us know whether he's got it?

You answered your own question - by watching him on a day-to-day basis.

Robins sounds a bit annoyed by all the clamour for him to play tbh: Robins wants Coventry City fans to 'trust' him on Fabio Tavares

Bad Boy

…he’s on the bench because there’s literally no one else. It’s clutching at straws to genuinely believe a player signed from Rochdale’s reserves is the answer.
I don't think he's the answer Sick Boy, on the contrary, he's a youngster making his way and has stepped up a division or two I accept that, but the point I'm trying to make (not very succinctly I admit) is when things need a bit of a shake-up when there's a chance something maybe gained towards the end of a match, why not give the lad a few minutes? I'm not saying he would 'rescue' a situation directly but it gives the opposition something else to think about and whilst they've got their eye on Tavares they might not have their eye on someone else.
I know it's a rather simplistic and probably downright stupid idiotic viewpoint from me but hey, it's the best I can do.
So I'll shut up and go away. 🤣

robbiethemole

There's your answer from MR himself

But the manager insists his time will come, a fact backed up by Robins revealing Tavares was wanted by several clubs keen to take him on loan in the January transfer window, but he opted to keep the player close to home instead.

Asked for his reaction to the clamour from fans to see Tavares finally make his senior debut, Robins told CoventryLive ahead of Saturday’s CBS Arena match with Barnsley: “I think they need to trust me and my judgement and if that changes, then fine, so be it.

“They have to just accept that people get opportunities when the opportunity comes. You can’t just shoehorn people in. Opportunities come for different reasons.

“And the fact is that people have always been given opportunities under me and that will remain the case, so ultimately that’s where we are on it.”

Reactions: AOM

Moff

Him not being involved so far says it all.

Surely he cant be worse than Waghorn.

If he is on the bench, because that's all we have got, well he's at least better then than the rest that aren't.

If its all we've got, and those that are given a chance aren't performing then why stick with a failing plan, and at least give someone else a chance, even its just once to see how he performs.

robbiethemole

I had my gallbladder out at age 24, and after 6 weeks I was back at work as a paramedic doing 12hr shifts and heavy lifting!!
All just wimps nowadays ;) ;) ...............hurry back Godden, we are missing you terribly

Bad Boy

But the manager insists his time will come, a fact backed up by Robins revealing Tavares was wanted by several clubs keen to take him on loan in the January transfer window, but he opted to keep the player close to home instead.

Asked for his reaction to the clamour from fans to see Tavares finally make his senior debut, Robins told CoventryLive ahead of Saturday’s CBS Arena match with Barnsley: “I think they need to trust me and my judgement and if that changes, then fine, so be it.

“They have to just accept that people get opportunities when the opportunity comes. You can’t just shoehorn people in. Opportunities come for different reasons.

“And the fact is that people have always been given opportunities under me and that will remain the case, so ultimately that’s where we are on it.”
Fair enough, I will acknowledge his stance and continue to recite the now often quoted mantra, 'in MR we trust'

larry_david

I'm glad a few clubs came in for him. Proves he is gaining some attention for his goals. After all, Blaine Rowe went to Ayr because Lee Bullen noticed him playing for our 23s against Owls lot.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I get that. He's in charge and so his judgment is the only one that counts. If someone else were in charge they might have given him a chance. if that were the case would that manager be wrong to do so?

The bit I don't really get is about when the opportunity comes. For me, there are so many things conspiring at the moment (striker injuries, number of games in a short period, lack of pace in the team etc.) if this isn't an opportunity there never will be one.

Also, if he chose to keep him here rather than loan him out, you can't really use the excuse that he wants him to get more experience of senior football. If you decide to keep him around and then end up with almost all the rest of your strikers out, you've got to stand by that decision to keep him here and at least give him a runout.

steve101

Godden is so unlucky having another freak 'injury', just as was establishing himself as a Championship goalscorer.

Hertsccfc

Blackburn at home is when he should be ready to play, lots of football to be played before then, need Waghorn or O’Hare to start scoring
Maybe but after an operation there is a fair chance he won't be fully back to where he was for a while. I know he is only two poor non scoring appearances from people saying he should be sold to League 1 club.

CDK

Godden is cursed in a city shirt every season he is out 2 to 3 months you couldn't make it up.the best finishers in the club missing upto 3months.

nmp2327

As good as Godden is, anyone know his appearance per season record. Seems to miss key parts of the season when we need him most.

Users who are viewing this thread