Gyokores (5 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
Just to confirm, we didn't sell O'Hare and weren't in administration.

Not sure where the administration stuff came from.

Sky Blue Pete

Er we have 35 points now - that is utter nonsense statistics and you know it

Again for the probably 20 the time this is a hypothetical discussion on an offer that’s higher than market value by a club in free fall - so this hypothetical discussion assumes we get more money now as it’s an over inflated value than in a few weeks time

Not only that. Certain other things have changed

Mcfazdean when in the team showed we do not concede goals with him leading the line - we had numerous clean sheets

We’ve signed a defender who cost Burnley £2 million and looks suitable on paper to do an effective job

We’ve signed a forward until the end of the season.

The big change of course was the whole discussion around this was the assumption regardless of value the owners would retain the bulk of the fee. You have to assume if King is true to his word robins will receive a far higher slice of the fee to transact - in fact if in this hypothetical discussion the fee is £4 m higher than the June assumption £3.2 million will land in his lap

I suspect Robins in that scenario - “can you keep us up and then you get any extra £3.2m to spend above the fee we’d get for him” - he’d say yes

In fact if this hypothetical situation occurred I think he’d probably get the Paterson deal over the line which I still think would be ok
Very reasoned argument

Grendel

Just to confirm, we didn't sell O'Hare and weren't in administration.

Not sure where the administration stuff came from.

The fact Sisu stated they’d no longer fund the club and it was losing half a million a month. We’d have had to sell players to bridge the shortfall in January wouldn’t we?

Old Warwickshire lad

If we get an offer near £20 million, then much as I want Vik to stay I am afraid we could not turn it down.
There are a handful of clubs in this country, who do not have to be selling clubs.
We are not one of them.

SBT

o hare sale would have covered losses and prevent administration

Does Santa still exist in your Sisu chocolate box world of reality?
Gyokeres sale would have done all of that, plus an extra £5-6 million at least for, among other things, rebuilding the squad.

Yes, of course SISU would have creamed much (but not all) of that off. What makes you so convinced that Doug King is so much more altruistic?

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

One thing to bear in mind is that if we did hold out to the summer, when would he go in that window? Last day deadline bid and 'sorry we didn't have time to use the funds'?

I wouldn't rule something like that out, and whilst I think we are going to massively struggle without him if he went this transfer window, we really don't need any excuses not to strengthen at the end of the season. A massive rebuild is needed.

Grendel

We aren’t going down are we so now what happens happens

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Lots of speculation in this, but assuming that Everton did bid c.£20m for him I think the question is would we be likely to go down without him?

Personally, I think we'd survive. Obviously Vic has a totally different game to them all but Godden is coming back and he can get goals, and Walker has been disappointing for us but can also score goals when in the right frame of mind. Maguire isn't a goalscorer but can supposedly hold the ball up and link play. People may talk about injury records but Vic could get injured next game and we'd be without him anyway. O'Hare told us the cautionary tale of that.

Plus we've supposedly still potentially got the Paterson deal to conclude. If selling Vic got that over the line you'd have a player who could provide a lot of assists for the likes of Godden.

Then we'd have the certainty of knowing what funds we had to play with and get deals in place ready for the start of pre-season (say McNally on a perm, someone like Undav/Ugbo), rather than having players come in right at the end of the window and we're playing catch-up.

I'd be tempted with a deal of £15m + Simms, even though he couldn't play for the first team this season, as I think he's a decent player and we could look forward using the rest of this season to get him used to the set-up etc.

So I wouldn't be totally averse to selling Vic right now assuming the interest is there.

Grendel

Robins seemed fairly upbeat with King and his visions

Greggs

Robins seemed fairly upbeat with King and his visions
keep having to pinch myself, it's been so long since things have been positive behind the scenes. Let's hope it's not bullshit.

pusbccfc

The league is tight. If we are happy with mid table, you sell him for the big fee that's coming in.

If King/Robins/Boddy think there is a small chance of hitting the play offs, you keep him.

fatso

Lots of speculation in this, but assuming that Everton did bid c.£20m for him I think the question is would we be likely to go down without him?

Personally, I think we'd survive. Obviously Vic has a totally different game to them all but Godden is coming back and he can get goals, and Walker has been disappointing for us but can also score goals when in the right frame of mind. Maguire isn't a goalscorer but can supposedly hold the ball up and link play. People may talk about injury records but Vic could get injured next game and we'd be without him anyway. O'Hare told us the cautionary tale of that.

Plus we've supposedly still potentially got the Paterson deal to conclude. If selling Vic got that over the line you'd have a player who could provide a lot of assists for the likes of Godden.

Then we'd have the certainty of knowing what funds we had to play with and get deals in place ready for the start of pre-season (say McNally on a perm, someone like Undav/Ugbo), rather than having players come in right at the end of the window and we're playing catch-up.

I'd be tempted with a deal of £15m + Simms, even though he couldn't play for the first team this season, as I think he's a decent player and we could look forward using the rest of this season to get him used to the set-up etc.

So I wouldn't be totally averse to selling Vic right now assuming the interest is there.
I don't honestly think we'd go down if Gyokeres was sold, but I doubt if anyone is going to bid c20 million for him in this window when he's unproven at anything above championship level and his value will plumet as his contract runs down.
We've had players before who've looked quality but never progressed once they stepped up. (Mcnulty and Bayliss to name but 2)

Old Warwickshire lad

I don't honestly think we'd go down if Gyokeres was sold, but I doubt if anyone is going to bid c20 million for him in this window when he's unproven at anything above championship level and his value will plumet as his contract runs down.
We've had players before who've looked quality but never progressed once they stepped up. (Mcnulty and Bayliss to name but 2)
Was talking to a Shrewsbury fan yesterday, he said Bayliss wont be there long.
Apparently he oozes class and is too good for that league.
Don't shoot the piano player.

Skybluefaz

Can't lead the line by himself mind. Laugh (and I normally hate people who suggest random position changes) but maybe a Godden and Palmer front two would be the patchwork option. Maybe less if the pitch to cover would help Palmer.
2 creative tens behind Godden, (not Allen) would be alright. Vik makes his own chances, Godden can't. We'd have to bring someone in though.

Users who are viewing this thread