Gyokores (2 Viewers)

TomRad85

He's definitely championship quality, I wouldn't be at all suprised to see him step back up a level.
I'm sure Robins could get a tune out of him. I always really liked him, could carry the ball from back to front, right through the middle of pitch, was great to watch. Anyway something clearly went wrong with his development but I hope he still gets close to his full potential one day.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

CCFCSteve

I'm sure Robins could get a tune out of him. I always really liked him, could carry the ball from back to front, right through the middle of pitch, was great to watch. Anyway something clearly went wrong with his development but I hope he still gets close to his full potential one day.

Agreed. As you say his carrying of the ball was quality. In that first season I honestly thought he’d go on to play in the Prem

fatso

And he's still only 23, seems like he's been around for years.

Greggs

children struggle to develop in preston, imagine how hard it is for footballers

pusbccfc

Didn’t someone say he’d been dropped recently?

Not started last 3. Started today. Interestingly, Shrewsbury turned it around when he and Shipley went off.

TomRad85

I make it 9!
Cargill off the bench is a good spot. Struggling with the 9th though. Luke Leahy is of course a local lad and Josh March used to play local for Leamington.

TomRad85

Unless you're counting Michael Doyle of course.

Grendel

I'd again question where the goals are coming from. The attack would consist of

Walker-completely drained of confidence
Godden-fitness always questionable and you don't rate him
PNE crock
Palmer-you don't rate him
Allen

Where do the goals come from? None of the above come close to doing what Gyo does.

We are staying up regardless - yes?

PVA

I counted him and only finding 8... you're going to make me look again aren't you?

Oh I thought he'd be the one you missed 😂

I'm doubting myself now. Let me check again...

Marosi
Pennington
Leahy
Shipley
Bayliss
McGeouch
Stevenson
Bakayoko
Cargill

Plus Dacosta not involved for Shrews

Edit: my bad, I was counting Leahy. I was convinced he was on the books here as a youngster.

Last edited:

TomRad85

Oh I thought he'd be the one you missed

I'm doubting myself now. Let me check again...

Marosi
Pennington
Leahy
Shipley
Bayliss
McGeouch
Stevenson
Bakayoko
Cargill

Plus Dacosta not involved for Shrews
Leahy never played for us did he? He was just local and people spoke about him a lot on here so it felt like he did

Greggs

Leahy never played for us did he? He was just local and people spoke about him a lot on here so it felt like he did

life is funny aint it? important things need doing like emptying the bins or cooking dinner for the family, but spending 2 hours figuring out how many ex Coventry City players played in a match seems a far better decision

TomRad85

life is funny aint it? important things need doing like emptying the bins or cooking dinner for the family, but spending 2 hours figuring out how many ex Coventry City players played in a match seems a far better decision
In any strong marriage you need to split the chores. She does all that, I stare at the team sheet for Shrewsbury vs Forest Green.

SBAndy

I'd be tempted with a deal of £15m + Simms, even though he couldn't play for the first team this season, as I think he's a decent player and we could look forward using the rest of this season to get him used to the set-up etc.

So I wouldn't be totally averse to selling Vic right now assuming the interest is there.

Was thinking about this today. Might be a mad suggestion but loan him to Sunderland for the remainder of the season?

WestEndAgro

Just thinking back to Doug's interview, he referred twice to not being able to keep a unhappy player, Gyokeres is really the only that I think he could be referring to, possibly Gus at a push?

Sbarcher

It's a tough one. Ross Stewart at Sunderland injured today and looks to be out for at least 6 months. Best goals/game in the Championship and has clubs interested this window. All it takes is one knock and the value plummets.
With the stick Vic gets, let's hope he can stay injury free until the inevitable sale happens.

Balli001

Just thinking back to Doug's interview, he referred twice to not being able to keep a unhappy player, Gyokeres is really the only that I think he could be referring to, possibly Gus at a push?
May not be referring to anyone specifically but, if we offer contract extensions and they aren't accepted, there isn't much more we can do than sell.

Old Warwickshire lad

Went to Preston too early. F**** him up.

Users who are viewing this thread