Hands off donny! (1 Viewer)

drfc1

How times have changed !! Little old Donny pinching managers from the mighty Cov!
On a serious note I think Cov probably have a better squad, undoubtably more potential & fan base but if anything is in our favour it is your current situation with your owners, rent etc.
I can't honestly see MR having applied for the job BUT (& it is still a big but despite what the bookies say) if he were to come for an interview I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him offered & accept the job. Our chairman sells our club very well & we are a modest well run club with funds available, maybe just maybe MR will fancy that more that what is on the horizon at Coventry. Not trying to big us up as better than you lot just an honest opinion.

SkyBlue_Bear83

How times have changed !! Little old Donny pinching managers from the mighty Cov!
On a serious note I think Cov probably have a better squad, undoubtably more potential & fan base but if anything is in our favour it is your current situation with your owners, rent etc.
I can't honestly see MR having applied for the job BUT (& it is still a big but despite what the bookies say) if he were to come for an interview I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him offered & accept the job. Our chairman sells our club very well & we are a modest well run club with funds available, maybe just maybe MR will fancy that more that what is on the horizon at Coventry. Not trying to big us up as better than you lot just an honest opinion.
I doubt it

lordsummerisle

Who was that player we "stole" from your academy a few years ago that you were really pissed off about us getting?

Whoever he was, don't worry about it, he was shite!

ccfcway

Yer, SOld it so much to Dean Saunders that he left despite being in the top 2 of a league, to go to Wolves

LJC_CCFC

I would highly recommend Andy Thorn, Richard Shaw and Ken Dulieu. Much much better than robins

lordsummerisle

We were heading towards the non league then, looked at the table recently?

Wasn't knocking you at all, just remember my boss at the time was particularly pissed off about it.

He had been Chairman of Donny, and think still on the board.

Even registered an aircraft G-DRFC after Donny, always had a soft spot for them.

drfc1

Yer, SOld it so much to Dean Saunders that he left despite being in the top 2 of a league, to go to Wolves

Some teams you just can't say no to, We will never be on the same level as Wolves & once they were interested he was never going to stay with us.
Nature of the beast as they say, big fish will always eat little fish, you can always draft a caretaker in for your upcoming JPT game!!

Mucca Mad Boys

Some teams you just can't say no to, We will never be on the same level as Wolves & once they were interested he was never going to stay with us.
Nature of the beast as they say, big fish will always eat little fish, you can always draft a caretaker in for your upcoming JPT game!!

Did you accidentally put an extra 'y' on 'our', whoops, I remember, you're not in the JPT. :laugh: :pointlaugh:

Brighton Sky Blue

The state Wolves are in right now makes me doubt that. Doncaster is not a Championship size club and the top half of L1 is likely a lot more realistic. Before shouting 'arrogant', you were not long ago in the non league-hence the mocking replies you've got.

covcity4life

dream on,robins wouldnt take it

just my opinion of course

Diehard Si

My god do you remember the odds when we were looking for a boss? So many random people went fav with the bookies. All way off the mark.

PVA

Odds mean nothing in markets like this.

As I said a million times during our last search.

Skyblueheff

Betting was suspended with Steve Lomas fav. On a donny site they reckon he is on holiday till the 19th Jan but it's a done deal, although they don't want him. Somebody somewhere has has about £30 quid on him and not much money has gone on anybody else.

lordsummerisle

Work at Birmingham airport, and there was a load of money going on Ole Gunnar Solskjaer from people here, as his name was on a passenger list for Randy Lerners jet.

Odds went right down, but quite a few had money on at about 20/1, would have paid off as was genuine, but he turned them down.

Odds can change very quickly, for no reason.

Lets face it, if i put a tenner on now on Ian Dowie the odds would probably drop from 66/1 to about 10/1, how many people would bet on Doncaster's new manager?

PVA

Some Oldham fans collaborated to get make Paul Dickov favourite for the Blackburn job. They managed to get him from 66/1 to 7/1, with a total of £25 between them...

Users who are viewing this thread