Hands off donny! (2 Viewers)

kg82

If Robin's says there's nothing in it at all then I'd say there's nothing in it. I don't think he'd word it that way if there was even a semblance of truth to it.

Astute

All correct.

If a lot of money is going on a certain event it takes a lot of money on the same outcome to shorten the odds. If not much money is going on an event it don't take much to vastly reduce odds.

covcity4life

weird how he has become favourite but i am sure robins doesnt want to leave and sisu have been vocal about how much they like him and will back him

The Reverend Skyblue

It seems on other sites they would love Robins to go there, and some even think its a done deal.

the Donny fans are a decent bunch,well the ones i know, but i can not believe Robins has given this a moments thought.Why would he leave us, Donny have a 15000 capacity that they cant fill even though they are second in the league, their is very little potential there.

They could not compete at Championship level financially, but we could if we sort our finances out. if we were second in this league i would think we would get near 18-20,000 crowds.

We have potential ,they do not, surely he see's this as the bottom line.

The Rev

Last edited:

LJC_CCFC

Fair enough if Sheffield united came in for him he may consider it, however our recent away followings alone tells you all you need to know about the size of our club compared to donny. I'm surprised their not back on for Sean o'driscoll

SkyBlue_Bear83

weird how he has become favourite but i am sure robins doesnt want to leave and sisu have been vocal about how much they like him and will back him
Probably just wishful Doncaster fans thinking that bought his odds down

The odds for Cov manager were up an down all the time, I think nearly everyone had been favourite at one point

Covstu

I cannot see him going there after just being with us for a short while however this may depend on what kitty he has to spend and whether they could tempt him with a few quid to spend at Donny. He will stay........(please)

WillieStanley

The favorite hardly ever is the man given the job. I believe Robins... Its quite refreshing not having to think too much about it!

He's only just begun. If he were to leave, what a waste of his own time his spell at Coventry would have been!

Anyone know where MR lives?
His last job was Barnsley so if he still lives in the Yorkshire area Doncaster might have an added appeal.

CJparker

No chance, he won't do to that tin pot out fit surely

CJparker

Although without wanting to worry anyone unduly, Stan James has got Robins as 1/5 ON favourite for the Donny job...

wingy

No chance, he won't do to that tin pot out fit surely
Just been on SSN after 10pm. asked if off field affairs could influence him ,he responded ,"I'd hope to be in the loop ,its something I can't influence or get involved in".

Then went on to less than emphically rule out going elsewhere if the off field affairs affected his onfield ambitions ,at least thats what i think he inferred.:confused:

CJparker

Just been on SSN after 10pm. asked if off field affairs could influence him ,he responded ,"I'd hope to be in the loop ,its something I can't influence or get involved in".

Then went on to less than emphically rule out going elsewhere if the off field affairs affected his onfield ambitions ,at least thats what i think he inferred.:confused:

I do not like the sound of that one bit...

...on the other hand, they could call for AT !! :claping hands:

DRFC2

Coventry fans should be more respectful to other clubs. A tin pot club like yours that is trying to beg a ground share with Hinckley, should not be saying your manager going to a club is a backward move when that club has some of the richer people in the country backing it. Terry Bramall has been involved in drawing up the criteria that Doncaster Rovers require in their next manager. If he has taken that much interest then he will be backing getting the next manager. With his hundreds of millions, he could buy your club many times, let alone persuade your manage he would do better at Donny. He has others with finance to back him up as well, 3 of Donnys owners are in the top one hundred richest people in football. If they want something they get it, ask Leeds how they got on in the bidding for Billy Sharp.

I don't even know if our management want Robbins but if they do they will get him, wind your necks in and be a bit more respectful, you never know what strength your adversaries may have.

CCFCSteve

Would be typical. Finally get some hope and belief then lose the best manager we've had here in years !

Fingers crossed SISU can convince him that they've got good intentions and will continue to support him

CJparker

Coventry fans should be more respectful to other clubs. A tin pot club like yours that is trying to beg a ground share with Hinckley, should not be saying your manager going to a club is a backward move when that club has some of the richer people in the country backing it. Terry Bramall has been involved in drawing up the criteria that Doncaster Rovers require in their next manager. If he has taken that much interest then he will be backing getting the next manager. With his hundreds of millions, he could buy your club many times, let alone persuade your manage he would do better at Donny. He has others with finance to back him up as well, 3 of Donnys owners are in the top one hundred richest people in football. If they want something they get it, ask Leeds how they got on in the bidding for Billy Sharp.

I don't even know if our management want Robbins but if they do they will get him, wind your necks in and be a bit more respectful, you never know what strength your adversaries may have.

Didn't mean to be disrespectful, too many memories of the days we were Premier League and you were in the conference, as you say, times changes and Donny have come on a hell of a lot despite relegation last year....BUT an objective comparison of the two clubs surely wouldn't have Donny as a more attractive managerial proposition surely. We have won 6 away in the league in a row, not far off Wembley and have got fantastic Premier League facilities (shame we don't pay for them) - with the right management Coventry could be genuine Premier League regulars - even with my Sky Blue spectacles on, it's hard to say the same of Doncaster.

We won't move to Hinkley, that was just brinkmanship on the part of our owners to try to negotiate a lower rent with the stadium owners.

mark82

Understand what you are saying but can't see him wanting to take a sideways step at the moment. He has a project here and in the long run would probably be better staying if he backs himself to take us up as this may lead to offers from bigger clubs than both of ours.

Didn't realise you guys had so much money by the way. Are they new owners or do they just not like to part with it much?

Brighton Sky Blue

That DRFC2 thinks the Hinckley suggestion was serious shows how little he understands the goings on here.

Grendel

I doubt if Tim Fisher would recruit a football agent to recruit all future players and effectively run the team. That was the last stunt their chairman pulled. He will not be going there.

mark82

As has been said the bookies were nowhere near when we appointed Robins. How many different people were odds on?

richtom

not being fuuny DRFC2 why has your manger gone? when you have a great chairman and lots of money?

if your chairman had loads of money he would of kept him

robins loves us and our great support

Users who are viewing this thread