Harries not in MR's plans? (1 Viewer)

oucho

In the CT article about the club's no comment on the Spain squid list leak, there was an interesting line where they stated that CH is not in MR's plans.

Other than not being on the Spain trip, is there any reason to think this is right and, if so, why?? Will be likely be sold or is he considered to light for the rigours of L2?

CCFC_Charlie

His training with Liverpool probably has something to do with it. Robins has said he wants players who are committed to the cause.

SkyBlueCRJ

I seriously rate Harries and think he could be a class act next season, however like Robins has said if he doesn't want to fight for the cause then there's no point in keeping him here. The same goes for Turbnbull and Reid etc. I have faith in Robins to bring in more than acceptable replacements.

chiefdave

Its one thing for him to leave and sign for Liverpool, for which we would receive a fee. What is annoying people is he is supposedly our player but goes to train with Liverpool. What happens if he gets injured training with them?

If they want him put an offer in and sign him. If they don't then he should be here full time.

Ron Macintosh

Its one thing for him to leave and sign for Liverpool, for which we would receive a fee. What is annoying people is he is supposedly our player but goes to train with Liverpool. What happens if he gets injured training with them?

If they want him put an offer in and sign him. If they don't then he should be here full time.

It happens all the time with young kids. It's really no harm him going to Liverpool for a few weeks training, will do all parties good.

SkyBlueCRJ

It would be a fantastic opportunity for him. It shows the pedigree of our academy once again if Liverpool take the decision to snap him up. Whilst our academy is still in existence, players getting moved on to Premier League clubs puts it on the map. Younger prodigies will be more inclined to join CCFC because it has a track record of fast tracking players' careers.

better days

The lad signed a 4 year deal last season so showed his commitment. Let's be honest if he's been told by MR that he's not in his plans what is the boy supposed to do?

Astute

100% behind Robins on that. If players think they are too good for the club and want to be elsewhere let them go.
Has he said that he thinks he is too good for us?

He hasn't gone to Liverpool for them to look at him because he fancied it. He has gone because they wanted to look at him. It would be a good move for everyone if he gets a permanent move to them.....and half the money gets put back into the squad. They might even have a striker we could loan for a season.

Life is short. A football players career is very short. One of the biggest clubs in the world has invited him so they can take a look. He would be a fool not to go. If it doesn't work out for him it doesn't mean that he wouldn't be committed to us if he stays.

Nick

Administrator
Hardly preaching it am I, just made a point. Chill out mate, bit sensitive over it aren't you?
Not really, you are making out people are fuming and need to chill out. Bit strange as nobody in the thread seems worked up in the slightest.

Skyblue_LDN

Didn't we get some money upfront when they took Connor Thomas on trial that summer?

pastythegreat

100% behind Robins on that. If players think they are too good for the club and want to be elsewhere let them go.
Same applies to Turnbull and Reid who both seem to think they're better/bigger than CCFC! The Irony of it is though Reid only turned up for 3/4 games last season and Turnbull even less. Surprisingly they were all games leading up to and including a Wembley final.
Get rid.
If we were in a better position financially I'd say keep them both and don't let them leave just to keep them rotting in the background somewhere, but I guess both would be quite high earners!

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

johnwillomagic

Conor Thomas also went to Liverpool didn't he Harries of a similar standard imo - he was terrible against Cambridge in the cup.
One player who if we can sell we should cannot see him making the premiership. That being said do not blame the lad at all for going for a trail at Liverpool.
I wish him luck but one player if we can get a decent fee for him would welocme him moving on could suit both parties.

RFC

Cian has to look at both the long & short term possibilities and do whatever he thinks best but you can't beat competitive game time over languishing in U23 side, sometimes a step forward can result in taking two steps back'

Users who are viewing this thread