Harries not in MR's plans? (2 Viewers)

ccfcway

Cian has to look at both the long & short term possibilities and do whatever he thinks best but you can't beat competitive game time over languishing in U23 side, sometimes a step forward can result in taking two steps back'

but being set up financially for life

skybluetony176

Its one thing for him to leave and sign for Liverpool, for which we would receive a fee. What is annoying people is he is supposedly our player but goes to train with Liverpool. What happens if he gets injured training with them?

If they want him put an offer in and sign him. If they don't then he should be here full time.

If he's our player and training with Liverpool he's doing it with our blessing, which means we're trying to cash in on him. If he gets injured that's clearly a risk we're willing to take otherwise we'd just be asking Liverpool for a bid and he wouldn't be training with them. Seems to me that we're no more committed to him than he is to us, less in fact. We're clearly trying to sell him by letting another club take him for a test drive.

CovBurty

imo Harries is too good for our cloggers now we are only L2. We no longer need skillful CB's who can carry the ball. We need diggers and launchers now, Cian too good for that role. He will learn far more training with Liverpool than City. Only my view. I'm a realist.

SlowerThanPlatt

All a bit odd regarding Cian. He's been training so presumably fit but not part of the 23s or first team squad, appears to be some sort of stand-off between the club and player/advisers/ interested parties?

steve82

Looks a real talent if given time to develop and flourish further however if he's wanting first team football we're not at level that is ideal to his skill set currently.
Maybe in 10 years time our paths way cross again.

Ron Macintosh

Looks a real talent if given time to develop and flourish further however if he's wanting first team football we're not at level that is ideal to his skill set currently.
Maybe in 10 years time our paths way cross again.

Understand your point, but last season his best game for us was against that big hench twat from Wycombe. He's a slight build but his positioning and timing are excellent. He's also very good in the air.

jimmyhillsfanclub

Lfc should fuck off....basically.

Official trial, official loan, aftual transfer.....fair enough.

But take another clubs asset away for head turning tourist trip and a spot of training........cheeky scouse cunts.

steve82

Understand your point, but last season his best game for us was against that big hench twat from Wycombe. He's a slight build but his positioning and timing are excellent. He's also very good in the air.

He had a good game in the first half used his body and awareness very well, calmly did a cruyff turn too in the box I think, but I think him and Turnbull struggled to handle that situation in the 2nd half. But that said it was a unique situation of the kitchen and the Fridge freezer being thrown at us and we sank deeper into our own half.
Akinfenwa is not your usual player to handle.

I like Cian Harries, will go on to play at a higher level for sure

Woodster

Presuming their source isn't entirely fictitious, this one is kind of fair enough. Bit of an odd situation where you've got a kid who in many aspects of his game is far too good for league 2, but would struggle to be an asset for us this year at the same time! Hopefully signing him up until 2020 gets us a few extra quid for him and hopefully he goes on to have a great career.

vow

Presuming their source isn't entirely fictitious, this one is kind of fair enough. Bit of an odd situation where you've got a kid who in many aspects of his game is far too good for league 2, but would struggle to be an asset for us this year at the same time! Hopefully signing him up until 2020 gets us a few extra quid for him and hopefully he goes on to have a great career.
Agreed, he's your ball-playing centre half as opposed to your lump it long CB.

Cobi Jones's Dreads

Not what we need right now, hopefully we get some money for him and invest in in a player that is ready to get us out of this league. Goodluck

ajsccfc

I'm alright with him joining Swansea, they're the best team in their country. Just not Liverpool, because the idea of him picking a team who haven't won the league in 25 years over us Shows How Far We've Fallen™©

Liquid Gold

Would be a shame to lose him for peanuts. It's not exactly like he's be on much in wages. Maybe Swansea are saying it's a cheap fee but for us it's a huge wedge.

steve82

What's the reported figure? Does the telegraph understand this much?

End of the day he's one of the most talented assets we have contracted yet he's the furthest away from the first team currently at this stage of his development therefore he's the easiest to let go.
Let's hope the deal is in our favour which I'd assume it would be given the length of his contract here.

better days

I'd heard Swansea were interested in Cian and George Thomas because of their performances in the recent tournament for Wales
There must have been Swansea guys on the Welsh management team in France so this makes sense
Cian was committed enough to have signed a long contract with us under Mark Venus but has found himself out in the cold especially since Mark Robins took over. It's a great opportunity for the lad and I think most of us wish him well

Super_Johnny_Gayle

I'd heard Swansea were interested in Cian and George Thomas because of their performances in the recent tournament for Wales
There must have been Swansea guys on the Welsh management team in France so this makes sense
Cian was committed enough to have signed a long contract with us under Mark Venus but has found himself out in the cold especially since Mark Robins took over. It's a great opportunity for the lad and I think most of us wish him well
Both on their way to Swansea possibly?

Super_Johnny_Gayle

even if MR doesnt rate him its clearly many do. to let him go for peanuts would be a bad move
I'm sure he rates him as a player, but sometimes your face don't fit

Warwickhunt

What is a small fee in today's transfer market? Especially coming from a premier league club. Could be half a million, 250k.
I would guess 125k with % sell on clauses and appearances

skybluepm2

It's nonsense if we are letting a player go without really realizing his talent. If he's really as good as many say he is - and I must say I've been impressed on occasions - we should either be holding out for a fee he's actually worth or at least something half decent, particularly as there isn't the pressure to sell as he's coming to the end of his Contract, as we secured him on a long term deal a year ago if I remember correctly. Fuck the 'oh we're in league 2' bollocks. An asset is an asset. Same with Wilson going for 2-3m and being touted as worth 15m just 12 months later. Always the same with us.

vow

It's nonsense if we are letting a player go without really realizing his talent. If he's really as good as many say he is - and I must say I've been impressed on occasions - we should either be holding out for a fee he's actually worth or at least something half decent, particularly as there isn't the pressure to sell as he's coming to the end of his Contract, as we secured him on a long term deal a year ago if I remember correctly. Fuck the 'oh we're in league 2' bollocks. An asset is an asset. Same with Wilson going for 2-3m and being touted as worth 15m just 12 months later. Always the same with us.
I agree for the most part, but not with the Callum Wilson example, hindsight is a great thing but I believe we let him go for about the right price at the time, he tore up League One and Bournemouth took an educated punt on him and it paid off, plus I believe he was ambitious at the time and wanted to go higher also.

skybluepm2

A "small fee" has been agreed for the 20-year-old, who is expected to link up with Swansea's Under-23 side when the transfer is formally completed

Taken from the BBC website.

JonSilletBang

imo Harries is too good for our cloggers now we are only L2. We no longer need skillful CB's who can carry the ball. We need diggers and launchers now, Cian too good for that role. He will learn far more training with Liverpool than City. Only my view. I'm a realist.

That, to be fair, is absolute horse shit. If he applied himself, he could play at any level. That's like saying Pele wouldn't score goals in the Sunday League. He's chasing the pound notes, because his agent tells him he's better than he actually is. He will fail, and will have a career languishing in the lower leagues.... ie he should grow a pair and stay where he is.

Users who are viewing this thread