hearing one of the voices of the Sky Blue Trust... (1 Viewer)

clint van damme

Why? Did he or she speak out against Wasps getting moved here?

Also if you are going to start a thread aimed at someone at least have the balls to name them you sad shit stirring little weasel.

Can't take you seriously when you trap off abusing people for suggesting Doyle's age may mean we also need another similar younger player as well to support him.
Then when asked to put your money where your vindictive little mouth is, you shrivel up like a slug swimming in the Dead Sea.

someone got out the wrong side of the bed.

Nick

Administrator
Been saying the same thing for ages. Most of the new people who go to Wasps aren't sports fans, if they were Cov Rugby would have benefited from so big gates. They've just been tempted by free tickets and flags. Wasps will need to win the insurance cup, or whatever they win, on a regular basis to keep them coming.

As for the Trust member going... whilst I can't understand why anyone would go, who gives fuck if someone from the Trust does? Read enough shit on here about the Trust not being reflective of all CCFC fans, yet a member goes to watch Wasps against the grain and someone loses their shit!
I remember my first stella

skybluetony176

So are we any closer to finding out who this SBT board member is or are we happy with the hearsay so we can display faux anger?

NortonSkyBlue

I am trying to work out where I stand on this thread.
I don't live in Coventry so don't have the emotional attachment to Wasps that so many seem to have but I don't blame them for taking advantage of the Ricoh debacle for their own gain.
I also don't get the "you can't watch both clubs" vibe.
For me it will always be Coventry City, only Coventry City, but often I used to go to Brandon and Coundon Road in my younger days to support the local sporting clubs. I went to the Butts when I was in Coventry during our year in Northampton to support Cov.
I can understand the desire to watch top class Rugby on your doorstep and it has to be said that Wasps are a premium brand in that sport, just like Cov were in the sixties and seventies. I would much rather put my money in to Cov and try and get those days back than watch Wasps but I have no negativity towards those than do watch them.
What I am struggling with is the numbers that watch Wasps over a season. Coventry City would be without financial pressures if our support could only match Wasps and we know that the support is there if galvanized.
It just seems odd that Wasps only had to turn up and the support was there for them.

NorthernWisdom

It just seems odd that Wasps only had to turn up and the support was there for them.
A lot of free tickets. Could argue we should be doing exactly the same, to drag fans in so they convert to paying customers, but it's not without a serious financial risk as a strategy.

I'd assume that Wasps, much as SISU did with us, have a certain period they're prepared to swallow losses before they get fed up. The interesting thing will be what happens whenever that time comes... will they have they turned round the losses? If not, what's their next move?

As for the rest, I'll refrain on giving my opinions (again ;)) until I know why this thread is actually here...

olderskyblue

I know about a dozen people who have or will be getting season tickets to Wasps, a couple supported CCFC, none supported CRFC. 4 are Wolves supporters. Most go to England Rugby Internationals. It seems their is an attraction to seeing top flight Rugby here, and I can understand that.

If someone from the trust likes Rugby and went to see them too, so what? If I ever deigned to go, it wouldn't change my views about SISU or CCFC.

I've supported COV Rugby, been to England Rugby games as a fan, but it's completely different to CCFC. CCFC are my team (although my support is wavering at the moment). I enjoy lots of sports, but none could get me as emotionally attached as the Sky Blues, none.

I just don't get the anger on this issue.

letsallsingtogether

I know about a dozen people who have or will be getting season tickets to Wasps, a couple supported CCFC, none supported CRFC. 4 are Wolves supporters. Most go to England Rugby Internationals. It seems their is an attraction to seeing top flight Rugby here, and I can understand that.

If someone from the trust likes Rugby and went to see them too, so what? If I ever deigned to go, it wouldn't change my views about SISU or CCFC.

I've supported COV Rugby, been to England Rugby games as a fan, but it's completely different to CCFC. CCFC are my team (although my support is wavering at the moment). I enjoy lots of sports, but none could get me as emotionally attached as the Sky Blues, none.

Because you not allowed to like two or three teams.

letsallsingtogether

So are we any closer to finding out who this SBT board member is or are we happy with the hearsay so we can display faux anger?
Well if it who I think it is he is no longer on the trust board so can't see why this thread was started.
He got hounded out of the trust and then was hounded out of other things he tried to do for the City.
And then people wonder why he may turn to another sport to enjoy where he can sit quietly and watch a game without being called out.
BTW also goes to Cov Rugby games England games and is a volunteer at the Rugby Museum.

skybluetony176

Well if it who I think it is he is no longer on the trust board so can't see why this thread was started.
He got hounded out of the trust and then was hounded out of other things he tried to do for the City.
And then people wonder why he may turn to another sport to enjoy where he can sit quietly and watch a game without being called out.
BTW also goes to Cov Rugby games England games and is a volunteer at the Rugby Museum.

So not a voice of the SBT then. Click bate headline. FP, the SG of SBTalk.

NorthernWisdom

I'll speak in a wider sense rather than this particular case (or not!) that it weakens *all* sporting ties with places if Wasps succeed. It threatens *all* clubs of whatever sport, and makes it more likely that their attachment to place (sacrosanct up until now) becomes frayed. Once that happens, it's far more likely clubs move for financial reasons... and that ain't what sport's about to my mind.

It's why an MK Dons decline in parallel with a Wimbledon rise is a Very Good Thing.

olderskyblue

I'll speak in a wider sense rather than this particular case (or not!) that it weakens *all* sporting ties with places if Wasps succeed. It threatens *all* clubs of whatever sport, and makes it more likely that their attachment to place (sacrosanct up until now) becomes frayed. Once that happens, it's far more likely clubs move for financial reasons... and that ain't what sport's about to my mind.

It's why an MK Dons decline in parallel with a Wimbledon rise is a Very Good Thing.

Understand that nw, my point was the anger about someone from the trust going to see them, and that being unacceptable due to his role with the trust.

I don't know, maybe I'm being blinkered, but I just don't care enough about other sports and if they franchise or not. Football is the sport that matters to me, and yes, I don't want to see (any more) franchising in that.

Astute

Understand that nw, my point was the anger about someone from the trust going to see them, and that being unacceptable due to his role with the trust.

I don't know, maybe I'm being blinkered, but I just don't care enough about other sports and if they franchise or not. Football is the sport that matters to me, and yes, I don't want to see (any more) franchising in that.
The last paragraph is the point. It isn't anger from me. It is being able to see the irony.

A voice of the supporters is the trust. They don't want to see our club playing somewhere else than where it should be. In Coventry. But they go to watch a sporting team......London Wasps that has been moved to Coventry.

letsallsingtogether

Up at the Ricoh today watching Wasps ....

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk
Were you there to see him then?
or did one of your mates phone you to tell you this, just wondered how you know who ever it was was up there.
giphy.gif

Guess who I just seen Guess Guess.......

skybluetony176

Which os exactly why I keep saying that if you want to see Wasps fail get up the BPA and support Cov financially and spiritually. A successful Cov is possibly the only way Wasps will fail. Possibly more effective than a successful CCFC.

NorthernWisdom

Well, I'm avoiding commenting on anybody going there. If it turns out to be just a bloke watching a match, then it's probably not fair to bring it up, however much I might disagree.

Most of us don't have a clue what this thread's about, mind, as half of it's spoken in tongues!

NortonSkyBlue

Which os exactly why I keep saying that if you want to see Wasps fail get up the BPA and support Cov financially and spiritually. A successful Cov is possibly the only way Wasps will fail. Possibly more effective than a successful CCFC.
Wasps won't fail. They are a world renowned brand in Rugby Union, which is probably why they have been embraced by the Coventry public.

fernandopartridge

94 responses, got all of the whoppers on the line as well. The person might not be on the Trust board anymore, but he speaks on behalf of supporters (or himself it seems):

“A fair chunk of people have just had enough.......They’ve gone to watch other teams, or they’ve gone to watch Wasps. Once we were respected in English football. Once we won the FA Cup. If Jimmy Hill could see where were now, he’d be mortified.”

Nick

Administrator
The person who said that is still on the board according to the website.

I assume LAST was on about somebody else who isn't!

Malaka

What some people fail to realise is that Rugby fans who are not Wasp's fans will come and watch them. They just like to rock up and watch a game of rugby

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

How anyone that calls themselves a Coventry City fan can attend a Wasps game is completely beyond me. Usually I find when they get called out they get stroppy and defensive, because they know it's morally wrong.

I've said it before, and I could go on for hours, it is completely indefensible.

'I just want to watch some top class Premier League Rugby.' - Did you ever give a fuck about Leicester Tigers? CRFC? The entire sport of Rugby? No, it is pathetic.

Hang your head in shame.

matesx

How anyone that calls themselves a Coventry City fan can attend a Wasps game is completely beyond me. Usually I find when they get called out they get stroppy and defensive, because they know it's morally wrong.

I've said it before, and I could go on for hours, it is completely indefensible.

'I just want to watch some top class Premier League Rugby.' - Did you ever give a fuck about Leicester Tigers? CRFC? The entire sport of Rugby? No, it is pathetic.

Hang your head in shame.

Oooooofff!! get in there my son!

NortonSkyBlue

Hang your head in shame.

Morally wrong? completely indefensible? Come on get a sense of perspective, its a game, I wouldn't watch Wasps but I would defend the right of anybody to spend their time doing what they like.
Who the fuck are you telling them what they should do? stroppy and defensive enough for you?
Head held high.

Users who are viewing this thread