Hillary / US Election Thread (1 Viewer)

oakey

The guy is a snake oil salesman who has managed to convince lots of middle class white people that they are not part of or direct beneficiaries of "the Establishment".
He comes from money and has lived amongst these elites all his life, including being educated at a private military school. He has benefitted from his connections with every part of whatever way you define this "Establishment" all his life.
What a brilliant operator

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

And the French National Front.

Seems the right are very happy to have someone with racist views and intolerance to gays in charge.

On the flip, the left are happy to have a warmongering, lying, cheating, killer who also undermines the rights of minorities and vulnerable people just as long as what they're saying is not offensive.

Come on Otis, you're better than that.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

what's that go to do with it? Hilary wasn't elected so has no relevance to your point.

No, you tried to infer that it was indeed right wingers (such as the kkk) that had a generous influence on the election.

I pointed out Hillary was also endorsed by the KKK and now you're back tracking.

clint van damme

On the flip, the left are happy to have a warmongering, lying, cheating, killer who also undermines the rights of minorities and vulnerable people just as long as what they're saying is not offensive.

You're showing your true colours now. Why didn't you get straight to it without going through the charade of trying to make a constructive point in post 194. You'd have saved yourself a lot of time.

Ian1779

I don't know why but when I read this the plot to the South Park movie went through my head. #blamecanada

clint van damme

No, you tried to infer that it was indeed right wingers (such as the kkk) that had a generous influence on the election.

I pointed out Hillary was also endorsed by the KKK and now you're back tracking.
Try reading your own post. You tried to make out that Trumps victory and Brexit were nothing to do with the far left or right. The KKKs endorsement of Trump contradicts that.
Whoever endorsed remain in the EU vote or Clinton is irrelevant to your point because they didn't win. Your point concerned the winners of those two particular votes.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

You're showing your true colours now. Why didn't you get straight to it without going through the charade of trying to make a constructive point in post 194. You'd have saved yourself a lot of time.

I think it's more you highlighting why people have voted the way they have.

Someone disagrees with a person like yourself and they're tarred with one brush. You're too proud to see it, but that exact arrogance is a massive part of why the UK voted out of the EU and why the US voted for Trump.

You didn't even stop to ask, but for the record I wouldn't have voted for either of them. They're both absolute cretins and I'd rather have Ali G running my country.

Ian1779

I think both Brexit and the Trump victory have signalled that people are fed up with mainstream politics... Or at least what they perceive it is.

Nick

Administrator
I think both Brexit and the Trump victory have signalled that people are fed up with mainstream politics... Or at least what they perceive it is.

I'd say it's different nowadays.

I'd imagine all you would know years ago was what you read in the newspaper you got. Nowadays with social media kids are mad for it, when I was at school if somebody mentioned politics and took the conversation away from football or pogs they would probably be disowned.

Ask me when I was 15 or 16 about politics and I'd have no idea, nothing was mentioned at school or anywhere. I don't have as much of an idea of most still anyway!

clint van damme

I haven't made any point so how could you have disagreed with me?
I merely pointed out something that slightly contradicted your original post and you went into anti Hilary mode.
For what it's worth I probably would have preferred a Clinton victory but basically considered both candidate to be extremely dangerous people.
What that has to do with arrogance or pride is beyond me, you need to lie down.

Sick Boy

I don't know how many of you have even lived and worked in America? I've spent 15 years in the States in business and know the country well. I suffered at having 'illegals' working in my kitchens on false documentation. I've raised my kids through school there and been 'an American'. You have to live there as one of them before you can truly appreciate what being American is with it's heavily protected constitution, the religious diversity, race and history. Most of you here are pretty ignorant that is clear. There were two candidates neither perfect. The Republicans won the house and senate majorities thanks to Trump.
The negative sensationalism on here regarding Trump is not the feeling over there. Both candidates are viewed with equal skepticism. Sure there is division but that is always the case. Change to the long held establishment has been the driving force to Trump's win. This guy is very bright and has played a brilliant election strategy.

Fair play if you're an apologist for a man who sexually assaulted women, is openly racist and xenophobic and who believes teachers should be armed in the classroom.

Weirdo.

Ian1779

I'd say it's different nowadays.

I'd imagine all you would know years ago was what you read in the newspaper you got. Nowadays with social media kids are mad for it, when I was at school if somebody mentioned politics and took the conversation away from football or pogs they would probably be disowned.

Look at the way the young vote compared to other age groups. Under 25's are poles apart to those 40+. Something must cause such a disparity.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Try reading your own post. You tried to make out that Trumps victory and Brexit were nothing to do with the far left or right. The KKKs endorsement of Trump contradicts that.
Whoever endorsed remain in the EU vote or Clinton is irrelevant to your point because they didn't win. Your point concerned the winners of those two particular votes.

I've really hit a nerve with you haven't I?

The extreme right and left picked their sides from day one. For example in Brexit the hateful racists wanted leave and he wet blanket liberals wanted remain. The people in the middle were ultimately the ones that swayed the swayed the votes.

The extreme right KKK may well have primarily endorsed Trump, but there was just as many intolerant left wing social justice warriors pulling the votes the other way. The middle 50% were the ones that made it count, and they're the ones people like you cannot accept. I mean, how dare they disagree with you?

clint van damme

perceive is correct, because I guarantee Trumps cabinet will be full of the most establishment entrenched figures you could possibly find.

clint van damme

I've really hit a nerve with you haven't I?

The extreme right and left picked their sides from day one. For example in Brexit the hateful racists wanted leave and he wet blanket liberals wanted remain. The people in the middle were ultimately the ones that swayed the swayed the votes.

The extreme right KKK may well have primarily endorsed Trump, but there was just as many intolerant left wing social justice warriors pulling the votes the other way. The middle 50% were the ones that made it count, and they're the ones people like you cannot accept. I mean, how dare they disagree with you?

The only person you've hit a nerve with is yourself you mad fucker.
You've just pretty much contradicted your original post, I told you, go and have a lie down.
As for me not accepting the middle 50%, I have no idea what you're on about, though to be fair I don't think you do.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

The only person you've hit a nerve with is yourself you mad fucker.
You've just pretty much contradicted your original post, I told you, go and have a lie down.
As for me not accepting the middle 50%, I have no idea what you're on about, though to be fair I don't think you do.

No, you are trying to mud the waters because you've had someone actually challenge you and you don't like it.

The middle 50% is the bit in between the far right and far left, but you already knew that. Believe it or not, some normal people did vote to leave the EU, and also did vote for Trump.

Astute

If it wasn't rigged, he'd have won by an even bigger margin. The Clintons spent untold millions on their campaign, Trump spent just a fraction of that.
Trump spent over a billion dollars. So how much did Clinton spend if he only spent a fraction of it?

clint van damme

No, you are trying to mud the waters because you've had someone actually challenge you and you don't like it.

The middle 50% is the bit in between the far right and far left, but you already knew that. Believe it or not, some normal people did vote to leave the EU, and also did vote for Trump.
I haven't presented an opinion to challenge me on, I merely contradicted something you said in your original post.
I didn't even say you were wrong I said it contradicted you slightly.
What can't you grasp about that?

covmark

Trump spent over a billion dollars. So how much did Clinton spend if he only spent a fraction of it?
Apparently Clinton spent $1.4bn and Trump spent around half that. That was the consensus last night on the BBC panel.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I haven't presented an opinion to challenge me on, I merely contradicted something you said in your original post.
I didn't even say you were wrong I said it contradicted you slightly.
What can't you grasp about that?

I just get the impression from you that you're extremely one sided on this (as per brexit) and unable to really take others points on board without shooting them down. It does just seem excessive overall, but reading your last comment, I don't think you really realise you're doing it.

If that's not your intention then fair enough.

Astute

Trump was just over 1 billion and Clinton 2 billion overall.

clint van damme

I just get the impression from you that you're extremely one sided on this (as per brexit) and unable to really take others points on board without shooting them down. It does just seem excessive overall, but reading your last comment, I don't think you really realise you're doing it.

If that's not your intention then fair enough.

One sided pre brexit! I am against a federal Europe but I voted remain because I didn't think our politicians are skilled enough to deliver a successful Brexit or principled enough to run the country for the good of everyone post Brexit.
The fact that two of the leading leave campaigners are no longer in government due to the post referendum in fighting suggests to me that I wasn't too far wrong.

dutchman

dutchman

Trump was just over 1 billion and Clinton 2 billion overall.

It's not just about money though.

Clinton had the entire mass media, the Democrat Party machine, the unions, Wall Street, Goldman Sachs, George Soros and the Saudis behind her campaign whereas Trump didn't even have the Republican Party machine behind him yet he still won. Such was the strength of feeling among millions of ordinary Americans who feel they've been left behind.

Users who are viewing this thread