How many more players do we need? (1 Viewer)

Juggernaut

Corrected for you.

Bollocks. In that' case then shall we get Allsop, Mcquoid, Couilbaly, Madine and every other failed player back from last season because they had a shit manager? What about Webster.

The manager can get set them up well tactically, have them well drilled, organised and working to a detailed plan, but there's not a lot a manager can do with someone who lacks basic footballing skills. Every time I watched Swanson all he done was give the ball away.

torchomatic

I like the look of Swanson. I think he can do a job; he was decent at Posh, so he can do it. I think Mowbray will get the best out of him. If not, get rid, but I think he deserves a chance. Simple really.

Hobo

Bollocks. In that' case then shall we get Allsop, Mcquoid, Couilbaly, Madine and every other failed player back from last season because they had a shit manager? What about Webster.

The manager can get set them up well tactically, have them well drilled, organised and working to a detailed plan, but there's not a lot a manager can do with someone who lacks basic footballing skills. Every time I watched Swanson all he done was give the ball away.

Lacks basic football skills? Have you seen his goal against Celtic at the end of last season?

the other goal he scored on loan shows a wonderful piece of footwork. He has the skills it just depends can he deliver on a regular basis. I think the fact Mowbrey wanted him back to assess fully, suggests he has at least got basic skills. Especially when St Johnstone had made an offer for him, Mowbrey could have sent him packing along with the others you mentioned and Nouble who you didn't.

Manchester_sky_blue

Lacks basic football skills? Have you seen his goal against Celtic at the end of last season?

the other goal he scored on loan shows a wonderful piece of footwork. He has the skills it just depends can he deliver on a regular basis. I think the fact Mowbrey wanted him back to assess fully, suggests he has at least got basic skills. Especially when St Johnstone had made an offer for him, Mowbrey could have sent him packing along with the others you mentioned and Nouble who you didn't.

Agree. I think its worth giving him till January, a Scottish team will take him in the January window if he isn't doing the business.

I think 3 more is all we will get, an attack minded midfielder and 2 strikers. Any other gaps to be plugged by loans or the kids.

Hobo

Agree. I think its worth giving him till January, a Scottish team will take him in the January window if he isn't doing the business.

I think 3 more is all we will get, an attack minded midfielder and 2 strikers. Any other gaps to be plugged by loans or the kids.

I think Mowbrey will make his mind up on Swanson by the end of pre season, I think he will be expecting him to show what he has got. Same with the trialists.

Captain Dart

Though I think only 2, a midfielder and a striker.. with 'prospects' from Premiership clubs to provide the pace options up front, either in the centre or on the wing.

covcity4life

maybe he is still holding out for samuels on loan?

this spurs trialist might be worth a punt, could add creativity if not pace.

1 fast winge ron top of that could be neough, although we need 2 strikers really on top of tudgay and g thomas.

Covstu

Yes 4-5 players would be nice but given the volume of players released in the last few years, finance is clearly a major issue. I would take a decent striker and a winger as a kick off.

Things are not rosy in the garden financially so we are clearly being savy about getting the right crop in, Reda probably cost us dearly even for the year but we now need attacking threat.

Maybe when SISU get £110M from CCC, we can all breath easier? !:whistle:

Ashdown

Yes 4-5 players would be nice but given the volume of players released in the last few years, finance is clearly a major issue. I would take a decent striker and a winger as a kick off.

Things are not rosy in the garden financially so we are clearly being savy about getting the right crop in, Reda probably cost us dearly even for the year but we now need attacking threat.

Maybe when SISU get £110M from CCC, we can all breath easier? !:whistle:

You could breathe easier alright because you wouldn't see them for dust !

Ashdown

Good or bad thing???

Depends on who replaces them of course, but it would be sickening if they made a huge profit after all the upset and then dumped the club without a backwards glance. It was their fault that 'Wasps' were able to sneak round the back door and steal our stadium too.

covcity4life

Depends on who replaces them of course, but it would be sickening if they made a huge profit after all the upset and then dumped the club without a backwards glance. It was their fault that 'Wasps' were able to sneak round the back door and steal our stadium too.

lol had nothing to do with the council of course.

mrtrench

lol had nothing to do with the council of course.
Agree, not their fault. They were faced with a bunch of cynical piss-takers and did the best they could to protect the peoples' investment against these bottom-crawlers.

covcity4life

Agree, not their fault. They were faced with a bunch of cynical piss-takers and did the best they could to protect the peoples' investment against these bottom-crawlers.

they protected the taxpayer.................but now if they lose its sisu who are hurting the tax playuer LOL

anyway for a dfferent thread,get this jacobs guy in mogga

Juggernaut

You can't use a goal against Celtic and say he has basic skills because of that. Michael Doyle scored screamers ffs.

From what I seen I wasn't impressed, I want to be proved wrong, but I know I won't be. He's not good enough.

Hobo

You can't use a goal against Celtic and say he has basic skills because of that. Michael Doyle scored screamers ffs.

From what I seen I wasn't impressed, I want to be proved wrong, but I know I won't be. He's not good enough.

I haven't based it on one shot at all. He possess qualities we lack. I have never said he is the answer, I have said If Mowbrey can get him playing consistently, he would be like a new signing.

you will be pleased to know St Johnstone fans say they are lacking width, pace and guile....Unfortunately Swanson isn't going to happen now Coventry have got him back for pre season training.

They have resigned themselves to Mowbrey keeping him, but would have him back in a flash...I believe their Manager is still monitoring the situation.

I think Mowbrey will only keep him if he sees him in his first 11. Swanson needs regular football....he is a confidence player.

Nick

Administrator
With Swanson I'd be happy to give him a chance and treat him as a new signing, give him a pre season and a few games to settle.

Covstu

I think its the only way we will be shot of them and the only opportunity for fan ownership. They won't get £110 million though, not even close to that amount.
i was taking the piss on the money relating to over inflated prices quoted on the meltdown thread....

Chipfat

I would of thought below is what TM is looking for, also once Prem and Championship clubs decide on first team squads loans will come into play...

1 Senior GK needed
1 Senior RB needed
1 Midfielder Needed
2 FW'S

AGSB15

2 strikers, 2 wingers and an attacking midfielder who plays centrally.

Watch out for Ben Stevenson breaking through this year, as talented as Maddison.

Very good player yes, but not as talented as Maddison, not yet anyway and not ready for the 1st team either. Didn't even start for 21's last season apart from maybe the odd game

Sky Blue Kid

You need a minimum of 22 but preferably 25 players in a squad. Cover for every position, and 3 multi positional players.

Sky Blue Kid

You need a minimum of 22 but preferably 25 players in a squad. Cover for every position, and 3 multi positional players.

johnwillomagic

Do you include some youth in that 25??? If you do not I challenge your realism and to find many league one squads
which have 25 seasoned pros on books of squad excluding loans.

We are on 20 anyhow alreaday as I have said excluding the twins so we are there virtually on numbers anyhow
by your reckoning?

Users who are viewing this thread