How many on here (1 Viewer)

Tonylinc

still support Sisu? I really can't be bothered trawling through all threads in order to ascertain so just come out and say.

CJparker

there were about 5 die hards before SISU's last round of insanity...Torch I presume, though god knows why. Lord Summerslie maybe? SB Taylor, Grendel....that's about it

ccfctommy

Does anyone support SISU?

There's a difference between supporting SISU and being sceptical over the ACL and the Council.

cloughie

Torch has seen the light LSummer has never supported sisu just likes to go against the flow as for the others undefendable yet sbt does try to disguise his admiration of our beloved owners

Covstu

I don't think anyone supports SISU, they support the club. There was alot of people who were supporting ACL when the whole stadium rent thing was kicking around but lets face it no one knew the detail of what was discussed.

TheRoyalScam

Duffy/Grendel will support them and see ACL liquidated as long as he can sit down to watch CCFC at 3.00 on a Saturday.;)

Mr T - Sukka!

Stuart Linell is a mega massive SISU fan there is no shaking that loyal bond.

He even said those who dislike SISU are a tiny minority.

Brighton Sky Blue

Stuart Linell is a mega massive SISU fan there is no shaking that loyal bond.

He even said those who dislike SISU are a tiny minority.

Even just before Thorn was sacked he said those wanting him gone were 'a small, but admittedly increasingly vocal minority'.

Mucca Mad Boys

there were about 5 die hards before SISU's last round of insanity...Torch I presume, though god knows why. Lord Summerslie maybe? SB Taylor, Grendel....that's about it

Take note:

Does anyone support SISU?

There's a difference between supporting SISU and being sceptical over the ACL and the Council.

You on the other hand, would be regarded as a Villa/Incester/Brum WUM (take your pick) if it weren't for BSB 'legitimising' you because of your incessant calls against CCFC, you can truly be called ACL supporter, I'm a SISU supporter? I've criticised them on numerous occassions, but have also been critical of ACL and the CCC, that's called balence, something you, and others, lack.

But now, because we know you aren't a WUM, people just think you're stupid.

Mucca Mad Boys

Duffy/Grendel will support them and see ACL liquidated as long as he can sit down to watch CCFC at 3.00 on a Saturday.;)

That sounds like a ACL or CCFC statement, for me, it's CCFC 100% and I'd be wrong in assuming many others would choose CCFC over ACL, given this is a CCFC board, not an ACL one, although you'd find it hard to believe!

SkyBlueSwiss

I think you are wrong here. He has stated that he does not support anyone or anything except the football club. He might be immoral to the nth degree, but I don' think it fair to call him a SISU supporter

oakey

That sounds like a ACL or CCFC statement, for me, it's CCFC 100% and I'd be wrong in assuming many others would choose CCFC over ACL, given this is a CCFC board, not an ACL one, although you'd find it hard to believe!

I think you are mistaken. Many "take ACL's side" as you see it. Well, actually, I think these people realise ACL have a legal right to the money owed. That is a fact which we have to accept.
No point moaning about it, pay up or renegotiate a new deal.
This is not taking ACL's side, it is recognising the inevitable that debts have to be paid. I think every City fan would like ACL to lower the rent further but it is out of our hands to have any influence on what they charge. That is the reality that you, and a few others, will not see, and accuse those that do of supporting it.
When my other half got a ticket for driving down a newly signed cul de sac, the wrong way, I supported the stance that the signage was unclear and the fine and points unjust. But, I knew the chances of fighting it were nil, I knew people locally who had failed at a similar case, so advised pay up. That wasn't taking the law's side it was recognising the fight was futile. My other half fought and lost!

Mucca Mad Boys

I think you are mistaken. Many "take ACL's side" as you see it. Well, actually, I think these people realise ACL have a legal right to the money owed. That is a fact which we have to accept.
No point moaning about it, pay up or renegotiate a new deal.
This is not taking ACL's side, it is recognising the inevitable that debts have to be paid. I think every City fan would like ACL to lower the rent further but it is out of our hands to have any influence on what they charge. That is the reality that you, and a few others, will not see, and accuse those that do of supporting it.
When my other half got a ticket for driving down a newly signed cul de sac, the wrong way, I supported the stance that the signage was unclear and the fine and points unjust. But, I knew the chances of fighting it were nil, I knew people locally who had failed at a similar case, so advised pay up. That wasn't taking the law's side it was recognising the fight was futile. My other half fought and lost!

That first point is valid - but don't give me the 'elected council and poor charity' bullshit to me, because ACL are a private company that is collecting it's debt when all is said and done. Now, CCFC have asked for the debt to backdated to the new amount which to me isn't an unreasonable request, especially givens hat ACL is the 'poor old charity and council' I'd assume they help us out a bit, as people have said the RICOH is a community asset, so to is CCFC.

The 400k agreed is suitable, no one has called for it to be lowered since this apparent agreement the 2 parties had in place, so that comment is rather outdated. As for F&B, the club should be entitled to it, 100% of it, not 80% and a 20% invoice, the invoice is pointless and gullible people get pulled into it as reasonable, well, it's not, no CCFC, ACL get £0 of F&B on match day, that isn't fair, imagine you hosting an event, you make money of it because of your work, no one else's, and I get every penny of what you've earned without lifting a finger. We sold our share in ACL, not explicitly the right for F&B and I think we should be given that back to help us out.

Lets face it, you individual case and this case are totally different, some are more subjected to the law than others.

hill83

I've been told on here that I do. But actually I don't.
I'll still be going to games though, because I want to watch my club. Simple as that.

oakey

SBTaylor, you recognise my first point was valid. Read it again and you will see the first point WAS the point, the rest of my post was an exposition of that point.
The rest of your post was not a response to mine since I had raised none of the points you take issue with.

Mucca Mad Boys

SBTaylor, you recognise my first point was valid. Read it again and you will see the first point WAS the point, the rest of my post was an exposition of that point.
The rest of your post was not a response to mine since I had raised none of the points you take issue with.

A moot point though, because no one has disputed the legality of debt collection, well, I haven't, if I were negotiating the arrears are the only thing I'd reluctantly compromise is the arrears, although I think they should be backdated to the new agreed rent and from when we stop paying, but that wasn't the initial issue was it, the pressing issue to being with was the rent agreement which is simply unsustainable.

Seeing as you, and so many other like to use the delicate 'poor old council and charity business you'd think that ACL would act in a more charitable manner, they don't and so I think people can stop given those lectures.

letsallsingtogether

And that is your right I for one want to go but will refuse if it is outside of COVENTRY I hate SISU and will and have demonstrated to this fact they have raped our club our supporters and our City time to go.

As for ACL yes I do back what they have done they have tried to force these leeches out of our town.
They built a stadium fit for the 21st century when we had sold our beloved HR at the end of the day why would anyone who is sane sell or give it away to SISU can't see that helping our club?
:blue::blue::blue:

I've been told on here that I do. But actually I don't.
I'll still be going to games though, because I want to watch my club. Simple as that.

hill83

I don't even care if it's outside of Coventry, for a finite period only though. One season away followed by a new ground in Coventry and I'd get my knob out. Funny how many people were slating the Ricoh a few weeks ago.

If Haskell took over and proposed to do exactly what Sisu are saying right now, what would the consensus be? Genuine question.

Ideal world, I wouldn't be anywhere near this forum until early August as it's off season. I wish we could just talk about football rather than all this shit.

Mucca Mad Boys

I don't even care if it's outside of Coventry, for a finite period only though. One season away followed by a new ground in Coventry and I'd get my knob out. Funny how many people were slating the Ricoh a few weeks ago.

If Haskell took over and proposed to do exactly what Sisu are saying right now, what would the consensus be? Genuine question.

Ideal world, I wouldn't be anywhere near this forum until early August as it's off season. I wish we could just talk about football rather than all this shit.

The consensus at the minute is all but an anti-SISU protest, whilst there are more than valid reasons to be dissatisfied with SISU, doesn't mean we should cease to see sense, that being that CCFC are being ripped off by ACL whoever the owners is.

hill83

The consensus at the minute is all but an anti-SISU protest, whilst there are more than valid reasons to be dissatisfied with SISU, doesn't mean we should cease to see sense, that being that CCFC are being ripped off by ACL whoever the owners is.

Pretty much what I was thinking. And it's worth mentioning other unnamed online forums and other less militant supporters not associated with 'SBT Keyboard Panzer Division' might even agree.

I'm even willing to bet we'll get enough support to sustain us for a couple if years if we do temporarily ground share.

To avoid any Sisu Rentboy attacks. I'd much prefer a takeover than any of the above.

Mucca Mad Boys

Pretty much what I was thinking. And it's worth mentioning other unnamed online forums and other less militant supporters not associated with 'SBT Keyboard Panzer Division' might even agree.

I'm even willing to bet we'll get enough support to sustain us for a couple if years if we do temporarily ground share.

To avoid any Sisu Rentboy attacks. I'd much prefer a takeover than any of the above.

The bolded is absolutely class, I'm still chuckling at it now.

It's shame that some seemingly intelligent (others not so) people can't comprehend that these are problems that will remain with or without SISU so this anti-SISU rally over this is pointless and short-sighted because I hope people see that we've been shafted by ACL, and there's a need to one day own the ground, but the bailout, to BSB, enabled ACL to offer better terms (I don't entirely agree with that because there wasn't much difference to the offer in November or whenever it was!), to me however, was part of a plan to prevent CCFC, whoever the owner, from gaining the RICOH at a fair price, as well as being a total waste of taxpayers money in times of austerity, when the money could've been spent better elsewhere.

There's no one here that wouldn't want a takeover, but too many have been too quick to jump into bed, hypothetically, with PH4, he's rich, but a lot of his worth may be tied up in other ventures and may not be a good owner, I hope he is serious and does have the money to make a difference but that's for the administrator to decide and that's why he's facing pressure because he's SISU appointed and he hasn't jumped straight into bed with PH4 like some people have. If ACL's choice wasn't someone who's made a pig ear of his previous jobs he may have been credible.

Oh, and drop dead SISU rent boy scab! ;)

wingy

The bolded is absolutely class, I'm still chuckling at it now.

It's shame that some seemingly intelligent (others not so) people can't comprehend that these are problems that will remain with or without SISU so this anti-SISU rally over this is pointless and short-sighted because I hope people see that we've been shafted by ACL, and there's a need to one day own the ground, but the bailout, to BSB, enabled ACL to offer better terms (I don't entirely agree with that because there wasn't much difference to the offer in November or whenever it was!), to me however, was part of a plan to prevent CCFC, whoever the owner, from gaining the RICOH at a fair price, as well as being a total waste of taxpayers money in times of austerity, when the money could've been spent better elsewhere.

There's no one here that wouldn't want a takeover, but too many have been too quick to jump into bed, hypothetically, with PH4, he's rich, but a lot of his worth may be tied up in other ventures and may not be a good owner, I hope he is serious and does have the money to make a difference but that's for the administrator to decide and that's why he's facing pressure because he's SISU appointed and he hasn't jumped straight into bed with PH4 like some people have. If ACL's choice wasn't someone who's made a pig ear of his previous jobs he may have been credible.

Oh, and drop dead SISU rent boy scab! ;)
What utter trolling tripe.

dongonzalos

I would take that bet with you.
You believe if we ground share we would get enough fans to sustain the club for three years?

10 to a charity of each others choice.

I think if we ground share if during that time the Ricoh has an alternative use or it becomes apparent the blackmail does not work, SISU will end funding and we fold as the 2000 crowd won't cover the rent . There will be no commitment to a new stadium.

hill83

I would take that bet with you.
You believe if we ground share we would get enough fans to sustain the club for three years?

10 to a charity of each others choice.

I think if we ground share if during that time the Ricoh has an alternative use or it becomes apparent the blackmail does not work, SISU will end funding and we fold as the 2000 crowd won't cover the rent . There will be no commitment to a new stadium.

I said 2 years. I didn't mention anything about what might happen if I'm wrong, and you may well be correct. Still having the bet though.

My chosen charity is 'psgm's broken keyboard society'

Last edited:

dongonzalos

I said 2 years. I didn't mention anything about what might happen if I'm wrong, and you may well be correct. Still having the bet though.

My chosen charity is 'psgm's broken keyboard society'

It's a 3 year plan.

Mine is for The SBT orphanage when SISU desert him.

oakey

I see nobody has given any evidence that CCFC have been "ripped off" by ACL.
Again opinions are based on what exactly? I repeat, I don't know if the deal on the rent was fair, a rip off, or somewhere in between. Yet others build a "I support CCFC whatever, don't cloud the issue with facts" stance followed by "if you don't follow the club you're an idiot", or even "oh, it's not about the rent, it's about revenues.".Keep twisting in the wind.
Sorry, that is morally and intellectually vacuous.

ccfctommy

Take note:

You on the other hand, would be regarded as a Villa/Incester/Brum WUM (take your pick) if it weren't for BSB 'legitimising' you because of your incessant calls against CCFC, you can truly be called ACL supporter, I'm a SISU supporter? I've criticised them on numerous occassions, but have also been critical of ACL and the CCC, that's called balence, something you, and others, lack.

But now, because we know you aren't a WUM, people just think you're stupid.

Eh? I think we have misunderstood each other. I was saying that there is a difference between 'supporting SISU' and being against Council and ACL.

Users who are viewing this thread